Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:13 am

The Bulls are anticipating Derrick Rose to be out until March.

Chicago's front office has made a series of cost-cutting moves as they anticipate the 12-13 season as one where they stand pat as Rose heals.


Source: RealGM
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby jamabile on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Wow. He's such a fun player to watch and such a competitor. This just is devestating to the Bulls organization & fans. I pray he comes back healthy and strong.
jamabile

 

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:40 pm

If i'm the Bulls, I TANK this season hardcore and try to nab a top pick in next year's draft...Derrick Rose and Shabazz on the same team? That COULD end up being the best backcourt for YEARS to come....
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby LAKEROC on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:52 pm

^ Agreed 100%.....if they could guarantee getting Shabazz, that would be the best backcourt the NBA has, and one of the best(potentially) in the history of the NBA!
LAKEROC

 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby Jigglin Jello on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Really hoping Rose comes back 100%, he's one of those players that I just have to see live when he comes to play the Lakers. Amazing talent.
“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”
― Charles Bukowski
User avatar
Jigglin Jello

 
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:04 pm

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:53 pm

i dont think hell ever regain the athleticism that he relies on 90% of the time to score
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20559
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby Finwë on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:17 pm

LAKEROC wrote:^ Agreed 100%.....if they could guarantee getting Shabazz, that would be the best backcourt the NBA has, and one of the best(potentially) in the history of the NBA!

Who's this Shabazz kid everyone's talking about? (I'm from Argentina, I don't really get to follow USA college basketball...)
What player does he remind you of? Could he be a superstar, ala Durant or Kobe?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:45 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:i dont think hell ever regain the athleticism that he relies on 90% of the time to score


Agreed. Which is too bad, he was really fun to watch.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40356
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:49 pm

If I were him, I'd take that fragile body and demand a trade to Phoenix. Let that medical staff work wonders at a young age.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19457
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Finwë wrote:
LAKEROC wrote:^ Agreed 100%.....if they could guarantee getting Shabazz, that would be the best backcourt the NBA has, and one of the best(potentially) in the history of the NBA!

Who's this Shabazz kid everyone's talking about? (I'm from Argentina, I don't really get to follow USA college basketball...)
What player does he remind you of? Could he be a superstar, ala Durant or Kobe?



Shabazz will be playing for UCLA this upcoming year. Very fun player to watch. He's an uber athletic slashing 2 guard who might be able to play some 3 as well. Very physical, very explosive player from what i've seen. For some reason I have the feeling he'll end up as more Arron Afflalo, than say- Kobe Bryant, which is certainly no insult. But he definitely has a lot of potential to be a star in the NBA if he has the right attitude.

As for Derrick, he needs to just shut it down for the entire year, focus on getting healthy, let the Bulls tank it up. I don't think we'll be seeing the old Derrick Rose again. I think he'll lose some athleticism, and adjust his ballz-to-the-wall 100% style of play.
User avatar
Frank Dux

 
Posts: 4202
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby Murdock on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:52 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:i dont think hell ever regain the athleticism that he relies on 90% of the time to score

agree ... hopefully he won't follow Oden's career ... even his quick game is gonna be gone ... he is gonna be different player most likely ... but hell look at Griffin and his surgery - jumping like a gummy bear
User avatar
Murdock

 
Posts: 1734
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:33 am

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:18 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
Finwë wrote:
LAKEROC wrote:^ Agreed 100%.....if they could guarantee getting Shabazz, that would be the best backcourt the NBA has, and one of the best(potentially) in the history of the NBA!

Who's this Shabazz kid everyone's talking about? (I'm from Argentina, I don't really get to follow USA college basketball...)
What player does he remind you of? Could he be a superstar, ala Durant or Kobe?



Shabazz will be playing for UCLA this upcoming year. Very fun player to watch. He's an uber athletic slashing 2 guard who might be able to play some 3 as well. Very physical, very explosive player from what i've seen. For some reason I have the feeling he'll end up as more Arron Afflalo, than say- Kobe Bryant, which is certainly no insult. But he definitely has a lot of potential to be a star in the NBA if he has the right attitude.

As for Derrick, he needs to just shut it down for the entire year, focus on getting healthy, let the Bulls tank it up. I don't think we'll be seeing the old Derrick Rose again. I think he'll lose some athleticism, and adjust his ballz-to-the-wall 100% style of play.



Maybe you haven't seen this kid play IN person. He's a much more complete player than Afflalo. Afllalo was never known for his offense in college...Shabazz can fill it up. Unfortunately his numbers will not reflect that because of stupid Howland....but I guarantee he'll be a star in the NBA. He's going to be the next great 2 guard in the league. Whoever gets him is getting a franchise type player. I've seen him play in Vegas (where he went to HS), and kid is unreal. I've also seen Kobe play in HS (back when I lived in Media,PA which was 15 minutes from lower merion), and Shabazz REMINDS me of Kobe when he played in HS.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby S.R.05 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:18 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:
Finwë wrote:
LAKEROC wrote:^ Agreed 100%.....if they could guarantee getting Shabazz, that would be the best backcourt the NBA has, and one of the best(potentially) in the history of the NBA!

Who's this Shabazz kid everyone's talking about? (I'm from Argentina, I don't really get to follow USA college basketball...)
What player does he remind you of? Could he be a superstar, ala Durant or Kobe?



Shabazz will be playing for UCLA this upcoming year. Very fun player to watch. He's an uber athletic slashing 2 guard who might be able to play some 3 as well. Very physical, very explosive player from what i've seen. For some reason I have the feeling he'll end up as more Arron Afflalo, than say- Kobe Bryant, which is certainly no insult. But he definitely has a lot of potential to be a star in the NBA if he has the right attitude.

As for Derrick, he needs to just shut it down for the entire year, focus on getting healthy, let the Bulls tank it up. I don't think we'll be seeing the old Derrick Rose again. I think he'll lose some athleticism, and adjust his ballz-to-the-wall 100% style of play.



Maybe you haven't seen this kid play IN person. He's a much more complete player than Afflalo. Afllalo was never known for his offense in college...Shabazz can fill it up. Unfortunately his numbers will not reflect that because of stupid Howland....but I guarantee he'll be a star in the NBA. He's going to be the next great 2 guard in the league. Whoever gets him is getting a franchise type player. I've seen him play in Vegas (where he went to HS), and kid is unreal. I've also seen Kobe play in HS (back when I lived in Media,PA which was 15 minutes from lower merion), and Shabazz REMINDS me of Kobe when he played in HS.


totally agree. there is no next kobe but shabazz is going to be the next franchise caliber shooting guard
Hindsight is 20/20
User avatar
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Chatsworth, CA

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby KB24 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:52 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:i dont think hell ever regain the athleticism that he relies on 90% of the time to score

I agree...he is too injury prone to continue his wade-esque offense.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby 24K GOLD on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:37 pm

Rose needs to adjust his game
I'm joining the communist now.. I don't like World peace...

Image
User avatar
24K GOLD

 
Posts: 1524
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:41 am
Location: Camp Nou

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby Phil XI on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:15 pm

March? Man that's a long time. That's plenty of time for one DUI and one domestic battery. These guys don't know how to live daily.
Get 17!!
User avatar
Phil XI

 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:23 pm
Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Re: Rose

Postby JUST-MING on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Image
User avatar
JUST-MING

 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: Rose

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:10 pm

JUST-MING wrote:Image

:man10:
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Derrick Rose Likely Out Till March

Postby lakersStan24 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:13 am

Damn shame.. bulls are screwed this season unless they get some on good in for thew 1 year contract then the should at least make the playoffs
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
User avatar
lakersStan24

 
Posts: 744
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 4:26 pm


Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.