Derrick Rose Torn ACL - (Update: Out for Rest of Season)

Re: Derrick Rose Torn ACL - (Update: Out for Rest of Season)

Postby Forward Three on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:11 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Man, looking at both Shump's and Rose's injury, I'm a little scared. They both didn't do anything but plant their foot. Scary stuff.

Suspend the hardwood for basketball reasons.
Forward Three

Postby purp n gold on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 pm

jlkr wrote:I also feel bad about the Olympic team part. Westbrook is in now, but it gets a tad thin after that for young, excellent all around American PG's.

Does Kyrie wear Nikes? :man12:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Re: Derrick Rose Torn ACL & MCL - (Update: False Alarm?)

Postby Murdock on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:31 am

Johnnyboy wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:Well...... Miami just got a gift wrapped trip to the finals....

First thing that came to mind when I heard about the injury

I just screamed noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo when it happened ... sucks ... now only west can stop Miami - OKC
Murdock

Postby kenzo on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:17 am

No real training camp, condensed schedule, ish was waiting to happen. Rose, Schumpert, Howard, Rubio, Billups... im afraid we're not done.
kenzo

Re: Derrick Rose Torn ACL & MCL - (Update: False Alarm?)

Postby Congo Cash on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:04 am

Murdock wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:Well...... Miami just got a gift wrapped trip to the finals....

First thing that came to mind when I heard about the injury

I just screamed noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo when it happened ... sucks ... now only west can stop Miami - OKC

They said that last year too... Unless LeBron shows up (or Wade carries his unclutch [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]), I'm still counting them out...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby Juronimo on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:16 am

The worst part of this injury to Rose is that there's a very good chance THOSE GUYS come out of the eastern conference. They match up with the cHeat really well which means they have a legitimate shot to come out of the eastern conference. The thought of THOSE GUYS winning #18 makes me :mad1: :hurl:

I really really hope now more than ever that we find some way to get out of the western conference so we can stop that horror from taking place and get #17 for ourselves.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby jlkr on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:43 am

Juronimo wrote:The worst part of this injury to Rose is that there's a very good chance THOSE GUYS come out of the eastern conference. They match up with the cHeat really well which means they have a legitimate shot to come out of the eastern conference. The thought of THOSE GUYS winning #18 makes me :mad1: :hurl:

I really really hope now more than ever that we find some way to get out of the western conference so we can stop that horror from taking place and get #17 for ourselves.

I would actually welcome THOSE GUYS in the Finals ... as long as the Lakers are there to take them on. Think of all the story lines around this one. Horror of horrors ... I dislike Miami even more than I dislike the Celtics so I may actually find myself doing the unthinkable: rooting for the Celtics to beat Miami if they play each other.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:55 am

jlkr wrote:
Juronimo wrote:The worst part of this injury to Rose is that there's a very good chance THOSE GUYS come out of the eastern conference. They match up with the cHeat really well which means they have a legitimate shot to come out of the eastern conference. The thought of THOSE GUYS winning #18 makes me :mad1: :hurl:

I would actually welcome THOSE GUYS in the Finals ... as long as the Lakers are there to take them on. Think of all the story lines around this one. Horror of horrors ... I dislike Miami even more than I dislike the Celtics so I may actually find myself doing the unthinkable: rooting for the Celtics to beat Miami if they play each other.

... I would do the same thing. But we better get to the Finals too if that's the case :man11:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Juronimo on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:39 am

jlkr wrote:

The cHeat might as well be the Milwaukee Bucks or the Indiana Pacers for all I care, I'm pretty much indifferent to them. They've accomplished little in their relative short NBA tenure so there's nothing to hate there. 1 ring, who cares, we have 16. THOSE GUYS on the other hand..

This is the team that brought Jerry West that torment. This is the team that celebrated their wins over us, going all the way back to when we were in Minneapolis all the way through 2008 in as disgusting, boorish and classless manner as you can imagine. I will always hate them, no other franchise could ever come close to that.

If we're there, then I say bring it on green turds. We just have to get there.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Barnstable on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:38 pm

^Well said :bow:

I don't care one bit about the Heat. They mean nothing to me other than I hate LeBronz.

But the notion that the Heat will have a cake walk to the finals really discounts Those guys, and I don't think they will be as easy to beat as some here think.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Azndude2190 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Man this sucks, I really didn't want Lebron James to get his first ring. OKC looks like the only team that can beat them this year.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:07 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:Man this sucks, I really didn't want Lebron James to get his first ring. OKC looks like the only team that can beat them this year.

Boston
L.A.
San Antonio

All 3 could beat the Cheat.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:04 pm

My friend said Penny Hardaway. I really hope that's not true.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Tue May 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Hope he can fully recover. He's one of my favorite players in the NBA to watch and he's really had a rough year as far as injuries go.

Heat have the easiest road to the NBA Finals in recent history. Magic without D12; Bulls without Rose; Knicks without Amare, Shump, and Lin; Celtics having 3 of the oldest people alive on their roster and with Allen's injury; Hawks without Horford.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue May 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Mr. Glass its looking like
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Thu May 03, 2012 8:10 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Mr. Glass its looking like

Well he has missed 6 games or so in his first three years ... I wouldn't go that far.
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 03, 2012 8:42 am

DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:

Well he has missed 6 games or so in his first three years ... I wouldn't go that far.

I would. People call Drew fragile cause he had to freak accidents. DRose has yet to actually get hit on most of his injuries. He is looking more and more like the kid in Portland that retired (not Oden). It could be said he is rushing back to quickly and thus not letting his injuries heal fully which is causing the problem which could be very likely. In any case, right now he is looking more fragile each day
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Thu May 03, 2012 9:04 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:

I would. People call Drew fragile cause he had to freak accidents. DRose has yet to actually get hit on most of his injuries. He is looking more and more like the kid in Portland that retired (not Oden). It could be said he is rushing back to quickly and thus not letting his injuries heal fully which is causing the problem which could be very likely. In any case, right now he is looking more fragile each day

Hmm ok I get your point there!
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 03, 2012 9:05 am

^ I hope not cause I like the kids game but I can't ignore the glaring elephant in the room either
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Thu May 03, 2012 3:03 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote: DRose has yet to actually get hit on most of his injuries.

I never thought of it that way. Very true. I hope he's able to overcome these injuries and get back to his MVP game. Watching the ASG intro's, I loved his demeanor when the rest of the East starters were clowning. Rose is more like Kobe, where he's dead serious when it comes to basketball.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu May 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Azndude2190 wrote:Man this sucks, I really didn't want Lebron James to get his first ring. OKC looks like the only team that can beat them this year.

What??? Dude.....if the Lakers stay healthy we will take them out if we get there. Where you been? :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Fri May 04, 2012 11:41 pm

AND ANOTHER BLOW JOAKIM NOAH GOES DOWN REALLY DID HIS ANKLE KINDA NASTY http://youtu.be/JTlCJ97JiuA
PurpleNGold1

Postby The Original 81 on Sat May 05, 2012 12:02 am

PurpleNGold1 wrote:AND ANOTHER BLOW JOAKIM NOAH GOES DOWN REALLY DID HIS ANKLE KINDA NASTY http://youtu.be/JTlCJ97JiuA

Typical classless Philly fans.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sat May 05, 2012 12:05 am

YEA BUT THAT ANKLE MAN HE SCREAMS LIKE HE BROKE IT HOPES HE BROKE IT SO IT CAN HEAL RIGHT
PurpleNGold1

Derrick Rose To Begin 'Light' On-Court Activities Soon

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Derrick Rose To Begin 'Light' On-Court Activities Soon

By Sam Amick>INSIDE THE NBA

For most NBA players, these are the quietest and most stress-free days on the calendar.

Some are squeezing in that one last vacation, while others are putting on their own personal training camp in a location of their choice (sunshine preferable) without the burden of their respective coaches looming over them. But for the unfortunate few who suffered injuries either last season or during the summer, the rehabilitation work that may very well determine the fate of their team's season is in full swing at the moment.

This is more than the typical lot, too, as some of the league's most relevant teams have their hopes hinging on the health of their respective stars (see Bulls, Lakers, Clippers) while the up-and-comer types (Golden State, Minnesota) are just a few setbacks away from returning to also-ran status. Their situations are, well, iffy. Here's a quick look at where those players and teams stand.

Bulls

As inspiring as Adidas' recent Derrick Rose-on-the-recovery commercial was, the fact remains that he's a long way from being back in action. Chicago Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said recently that Rose -- who he vows not to push in the recovery process -- could be back in January or perhaps even miss the entire season following an ACL tear in his left knee in the first game of the playoffs against Philadelphia. According to CSNChicago.com (which had a must-see interview with the former MVP) the Bulls plan to keep Rose's rehab going at least through the February All-Star break.

A source with knowledge of Rose's recovery said he's "coming along great" in what has been a five-days-per-week routine in Los Angeles. His upper body is stronger than ever before while he's slowly strengthening his lower body as well. Rose, the source said, is expected to take part in some light on-court activity soon for the first time since his May 12 surgery.

The silver lining here is that Rose is doing the sort of strength work and resistance training that he may never have done if he hadn't been hurt like this. The hope is that he comes back even stronger and with the area around his left knee reinforced in such a way that it helps prevent a reoccurrence.

Yet considering the dropoff in point guard talent that Bulls fans will have to endure while Rose is gone (the recently returned Kirk Hinrich, free-agent signee Nate Robinson and rookie draft pick Marquis Teague from Kentucky are the only replacements), it'd help their cause if Luol Deng and Joakim Noah are able to play at full strength.

Noah, the always underrated and overlooked center who missed the final three games of the first-round loss to the 76ers after spraining his left ankle in Game 2, is expected to be fully healthy by the time training camp arrives. The injury was bad enough that Noah decided not to play for his French national team in the Olympics, and a source close to him said he has yet to play in any five-on-five action. The focus has been on weightlifting, individual workouts on the court and steady rehabbing of the ankle, but SI.com has been assured he'll be 100 percent by early October.

Meanwhile, Deng -- the 27-year-old small forward who was an All-Star for the first time last season -- may not have surgery to repair the torn ligament in his left wrist (suffered on Jan. 21) after all. Deng, who put off the procedure to play for Great Britain in the Olympics, was quoted in the Aug. 6 edition of the Chicago Tribune saying he may avoid the doctor's office altogether.

"Did I look like I needed [surgery]?" Deng said after Britain downed China 90-58 in his team's Olympic finale. "I'm fine right now. I feel great. There are a lot of things I want to improve in my game that I want to focus on now. I want to be a better player than I was last year.

"I have time to make decisions and be healthy by the time we start [training camp]."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... ef=writers
Kobe8Fan

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion