Devin Ebanks Discussion (Not Returning For 13-14)

Re: Ebanks to start...

Postby GoatMilk16 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:21 pm

im loving Al Roker

great job Ebanks. go get em
GoatMilk16

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:34 pm

So happy Ebanks is starting. I hope he averages 12ppg., 5 reb, 2 assists and 2 steals.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Barnes did not sound pleased about being bumped from the starting five on AM710, but I did like his attitude and him saying he'll do whatever is asked of him. FWIW, I really think the odd SF out should be Metta. If it wasn't for his contract I truly believe he'd be confined to warm-ups alongside Luke. I feel like Brown is forcing him to play because if you bench him, he truly becomes the next Walton (i.e. unmovable) whereas if you showcase him a bit and he demonstrates something (ANYTHING), maybe, just maybe you'll find a taker. I'm just praying that Brown keeps Metta on a VERY short leash. Barnes didn't impress me very much during the preseason but I have a hard time believing that he could be worse than the artist formerly known as Ron Artest.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby ragesince1516 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Go get'em Ebanks. :jam2:
As good as anybody, much much better than most.
ragesince1516

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:46 pm

hypotenuse wrote:My god we're thin.. People easily overlook that Odom can practically play 4 positions, 3 of them on a nightly and dependent on who's injured basis.. It was such a relief knowing that your 6th man could fill in for your 5, 4 and 3 position players on a dime, and could be a legit starter at those positions as well.

Odom could not play 4 positions or even 3. i don't think i've ever seen him play center, and he hasn't seen significant time at the 3 since he was a youngster. Odom was almost exclusively a power forward for us(and nothing else). you're over romanticizing Odom's abilities. he's gone, not coming back, and there's no need to keep bringing him up and making up tales about how he played 4 positions, and slayed dragons.
Frank Dux

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:49 pm

CarolinaLakerFan wrote:So happy Ebanks is starting. I hope he averages 12ppg., 5 reb, 2 assists and 2 steals.

i hope he averages 25-5-5

that would be awesome!
Frank Dux

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Frank Dux wrote:
hypotenuse wrote:My god we're thin.. People easily overlook that Odom can practically play 4 positions, 3 of them on a nightly and dependent on who's injured basis.. It was such a relief knowing that your 6th man could fill in for your 5, 4 and 3 position players on a dime, and could be a legit starter at those positions as well.

Odom could not play 4 positions or even 3. i don't think i've ever seen him play center, and he hasn't seen significant time at the 3 since he was a youngster. Odom was almost exclusively a power forward for us(and nothing else). you're over romanticizing Odom's abilities. he's gone, not coming back, and there's no need to keep bringing him up and making up tales about how he played 4 positions, and slayed dragons.

He played some SF for us at times (for example, when the artist formerly known as Ron Artest fell down the stairs and bonked his head) and often played like a SF when LA would invert their offense and put Kobe in the post. As for him playing at the 5, that RARELY happened with us as we'd have to be playing a VERY small opponent for us to have gotten away with that. I saw him do it at the FIBA World's but obviously FIBA ball is FIBA ball. Realistically in addition to the 4, I'd say the only other place you could really play him without getting into trouble would be the 3.

I should add though, that it's ridiculous for you to call his dragon slaying abilities into question. That s*** happened for real until he took an arrow to the knee.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby ElginTheGreat on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:19 pm

via Twitter

Matt Barnes @Matt_Barnes22

Congrats to my young boy @DevinEbanks3 for getting the starting position..
ElginTheGreat

Postby basketboy on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:22 pm

ElginTheGreat wrote:via Twitter

Matt Barnes @Matt_Barnes22

Congrats to my young boy @DevinEbanks3 for getting the starting position..

@DevinEbanks3 wrote:@matt_barnes22 Thanks that means alot coming from you
all i know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything.
basketboy

Postby XXIV on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:26 pm

He definitely provides some much needed energy into our starting lineup. Now if only we could replace Fisher with Blake. :man1:
XXIV

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:40 pm

Glad that Barnes is taking it well. IF anything, he should use it as motivation to play better.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby 100%effort on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:50 pm

I'm glad he's getting his shot. I knew he could play within the first 5 mins of his summer league debut last year. He's going to surprise people.
Last edited by 100%effort on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100%effort

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:51 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Scnottaken on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:56 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:

He played some SF for us at times (for example, when the artist formerly known as Ron Artest fell down the stairs and bonked his head) and often played like a SF when LA would invert their offense and put Kobe in the post. As for him playing at the 5, that RARELY happened with us as we'd have to be playing a VERY small opponent for us to have gotten away with that. I saw him do it at the FIBA World's but obviously FIBA ball is FIBA ball. Realistically in addition to the 4, I'd say the only other place you could really play him without getting into trouble would be the 3.

I should add though, that it's ridiculous for you to call his dragon slaying abilities into question. That s*** happened for real until he took an arrow to the knee.

Of course now he's stuck with guard duty on the mavs while his cousins over in the P&G are still fighting dragons.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby NewDynasty on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:33 pm

I wish we had a decent pg that could actually guard someone. I much rather see Blake over fish.
NewDynasty

Postby LakerFanIam on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Good to hear.. I wanted to see more of D-Bank last year.
LakerFanIam

Postby SmoothOperator on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:00 pm

Maybe this is a ploy to showcase our young talent to package with Bynum for D12........

.....Owut. :man12:
You can't spell LeBlow Image without ELBOW....
SmoothOperator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:59 pm

Well deserved and I love his confidence he showed during the game on Wednesday! Can't Wait!
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Frank Dux on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:03 am

after an off season of turmoil, it's pleasantly surprising that Ebank's has enough of the coaches confidence to earn the start.
Frank Dux

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:31 am

kray28 wrote:
karacha wrote:Phil would start Luke though. :man10:

I would have started Ron at the PF. We'd give up some height, but defensively he'd he able to hold his own inside against most PFs.

I would do the same ... Ron is probably bigger than Boozer right now , great "body on body" defender and quick hands .

McRoberts post D seems very suspect to me
wcsoldier81

Postby earvinfr on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:42 am

SmoothOperator wrote:Maybe this is a ploy to showcase our young talent to package with Bynum for D12........

.....Owut. :man12:

Why do you want to trade our young talents. Giving up 2 promising player is a bit too much for D12 except if we can't win with them. I'd really like us to build around them.

I'd love to see Andrew, Ebanks and Morris staying with the Lakers for the next 3 years, improving and being the core of our team after the Kobe era. 3 years from now, that'd give us some already good players and cape space to add very good ones.
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:45 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
kray28 wrote:
karacha wrote:Phil would start Luke though. :man10:

I would have started Ron at the PF. We'd give up some height, but defensively he'd he able to hold his own inside against most PFs.

I would do the same ... Ron is probably bigger than Boozer right now , great "body on body" defender and quick hands .

McRoberts post D seems very suspect to me

I would too, but I think Ron is in the doghouse to be honest. I mean, if we're talking about Devin Ebanks starting and Barnes backing him up...something is definitely up with Ron and the coaching staff.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:06 am

He's not in shape and doesn't seem to be focused on playing B-Ball at all ... but yeah there may be something else ..

Not sure what's MB going to do with Barnes and Artest minutes ... I guess Barnes may back up Kobe at the 2
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:13 am

^ Or Ebanks may slide up and they plug whoever they want in at the 3 (probably Barnes). Or who knows, maybe you're right. In fact your plan makes more sense haha
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby earvinfr on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:14 am

Cutting down Ron minutes will allow him to train harder to get in shape and be stronger by second half of the season. I always try to be optimistic !
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion