Different broadcasting style for Playoffs?

Different broadcasting style for Playoffs?

Postby Forward Three on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:59 pm

Maybe I'm imaging things but it seems as though there is more color correction, less camera stabilization, more dramatic closeups, more dramatic lighting as well as a different 'flow' to the motion on the screen, almost like it's a lower frame rate?

I would suspect my TV, that some random TRUCINMA! crap got turned on by mistake but every other channel seems normal. Anyone else noticing this? Was it talked about somewhere and I just missed it?(it's obviously been a very distracting week...)

Feels like they are trying to make the presentation appear more like a movie. Which strikes me as a kind of dumb idea.

Also, the audio seems to be mixed differently than usual. Seems to be more court noise, less crowd noise, and the commentators feel almost detached from the rest of the mix instead of dominating it like normal. The audio is reminiscent of those Prime Ticket courtside broadcasts with commentary mixed in.

Am I going crazy? (I very well might be, I've had a very rough week for many reasons)
Forward Three

Re: Different broadcasting style for Playoffs?

Postby Alexxander on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Don't see much difference here. Might be the old CRT TV in my room tho, lol. Gotta try watching it on an LCD.
Alexxander

Postby GinoDB on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:32 pm

ESPN just sucks , games on TNT will be fine
GinoDB

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:30 am

^^^^ TNT time management of double headers is pathetic
wcsoldier81

Return to NBA Discussion