Doc Takes Blame For Ray Allen Leaving C's From Rajon Rondo

Re: Doc Takes Blame For Ray Allen Leaving C's From Rajon Rondo

Postby jimbo327 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:07 pm

My whole point is that Wade and Lebron will be driving to the cup, and there is no way that KG is going to stop any of those guys. If Celtics can move KG back to PF and have a defensive anchor in the middle, then their window can open. But if they expect KG to be their defensive stopper in the middle...then the window is closed.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:12 pm

It's not one sided, and Wade will be going up against capable defenders. Im not sure where you're getting the idea that Wade will get to the basket at will. Avery Bradley is one of the best perimeter defenders around, Rondo is probably the best PG defender in the league. Terry and Lee aren't too shabby either.

LeBron will have a much easier time, but again who can actually stop him? It's always been about limiting his options, not stopping him. Garnett is a better fit as a Center against Miami because he's more mobile. They drafted Fab Melo and Jared Sullinger, two very solid young prospects at the PF/C position.

Their window is very far from closed.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:08 am

therealdeal wrote:
jimbo327 wrote:Window is closed.

Rondo/Bradley/Dooling
Lee/Terry
Pierce/Joseph
Bass/Sulinger/Wilcox
Garnett/Melo/Collins

You forgot about Jeff Green holmes.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:20 am

Doc Brown wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
jimbo327 wrote:Window is closed.

Rondo/Bradley/Dooling
Lee/Terry
Pierce/Joseph
Bass/Sulinger/Wilcox
Garnett/Melo/Collins

You forgot about Jeff Green holmes.

My bad. Is he healthy finally? If he is then holy buns.

Rondo/ Bradley/ Dooling
Lee/ Terry
Pierce/ Green/ Joseph
Bass/ Sullinger/ Wilcox
Garnett/ Melo/ Collins
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Iceberg Slim on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:31 am

There is no way in the world I can agree the window has closed for Boston. They pushed Miami to the brink with an injured Ray Allen, an injured Paul Pierce, no Avery Bradley (one of the top on the ball defenders in the league), no Chris Wilcox, and no Jermaine O'neal. To boot, they add Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Fab Melo, and Jared Sullinger? They look pretty solid to me. Plus, we all know what kind of magic Doc Rivers can pull out. Look for Miami v. Boston in the ECF. And it will NOT be an easy out for Miami.
www.thesportslyceum.com - personal blog

Iceberg Slim

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:35 am

Iceberg Slim wrote:There is no way in the world I can agree the window has closed for Boston. They pushed Miami to the brink with an injured Ray Allen, an injured Paul Pierce, no Avery Bradley (one of the top on the ball defenders in the league), no Chris Wilcox, and no Jermaine O'neal. To boot, they add Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Fab Melo, and Jared Sullinger? They look pretty solid to me. Plus, we all know what kind of magic Doc Rivers can pull out. Look for Miami v. Boston in the ECF. And it will NOT be an easy out for Miami.

Agree 100 percent. No matter how much we may want them to the Boston Celtics are not going anywhere. Just like every year in the KG era they will be right in the thick of things. IMO there is five legit championship contenders.

1. Miami Heat
2. Oklahoma City Thunder
3. Los Angeles Lakers
4. Boston Celtics
5. San Antonio Spurs

Barring injuries one of those teams will be hoisting the LOB trophy in 2013. Hopefully it's the Lakers :)
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:37 am

Iceberg Slim wrote:There is no way in the world I can agree the window has closed for Boston. They pushed Miami to the brink with an injured Ray Allen, an injured Paul Pierce, no Avery Bradley (one of the top on the ball defenders in the league), no Chris Wilcox, and no Jermaine O'neal. To boot, they add Jason Terry, Courtney Lee, Fab Melo, and Jared Sullinger? They look pretty solid to me. Plus, we all know what kind of magic Doc Rivers can pull out. Look for Miami v. Boston in the ECF. And it will NOT be an easy out for Miami.

Don't forget about Jeff Green, he will back this season as well. He will give them 13/5 off the bench, if he can get back to his play before the heart problem.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Greatest of All Time on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Nurse Rivers should take blame in games instead of whining to the refs on every play.
Greatest of All Time

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion