Donald Sterling: Get away from me you pig!

Re: Donald Sterling at it again... but caught on tape this time.

Postby therealdeal on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:40 pm

revgen wrote:Does anybody think that guys like Doc, CP3 and Griffin didn't know about Sterling's racist tendencies when they joined the organization?

Impossible for Rivers in my opinion. I'd say Paul and Griffin maybe, but not Rivers. Elgin couldn't have been the ONLY person in that circle to know that Sterling was racist. Word must have gotten around those circles.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:47 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:OK so I haven't been on my CPU in a couple of days but had to make a couple of comments here.

1. If he made the comments then he is an idiot plan and simple.

2. Doesn't matter if he made the comments the worst the NBA can do is fine him or maybe take a draft pick away (maybe). All the people running around the world screaming Freedom of Speech should be saying the same thing for this dude. The NBA can't force him to sell his company which means he cant be fired over a racist remark no matter how idiotic and desperate it is.

3. The idea that players are going to boycott the Clippers is foolish at best. OK so maybe some superstars like Kobe would stay away but the majority of players are going to come in get their check and cash it without pause. We would be foolish to pretend that this outrage isn't anything more than the 140-character worlds current battle it will be a mere "annoyance" in a few months. Sad state of affairs indeed but absolutely true.

4. I said earlier and I say again I am suspicious of the girl who only did this after being charged with taking 1.8 million bucks. Because we hate the Clippers and Sterling no one ask the question of could it be doctored? Seems like it is just like with athletes in rape allegations "guilty until proven innocent." Again I am not saying he didn't do it but I am saying the jury of public opinion is very quick to come in with guilty verdicts without facts.

5. All that being said Im glad people are shi***** on the Clippers cause its a crap organization.

Puff - the NBA/owners decides who can own am NBA team. If they agree that sterling is unfit to bee an NBA owner - something can happen. Not saying it will but it's a fact that the NBA has to approve of the owners. Not just anyone with cash flow can own a team.

And the players have boycotted - there's a report saying the Clippers turned their warm up shirts inside out so the "Clippers" logo wouldn't show. That's pretty damn close to boycotting. The other thing - sure like some have said if the Clippers offer a free agent the best deal of any other team, the player will still sign with the Clippers. But any relevant player will get an equal offer from multiple teams, the Clippers aren't going to be offering any more money than anyone else. Clippers have been in LA for years - only
Reason they're attracting FA now is bc of CP3 & Blake.

I too am suspicious of the girl. She has her own set of issues - "rationally" pleading with a senile delusional man. Also sleeping with an 80 year old married person. That being said I don't mind that this bigot sterling is being reprimanded. Don't f******* tie balloons to our statues you vermin.
Chillbongo

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:50 pm

therealdeal wrote:
revgen wrote:Does anybody think that guys like Doc, CP3 and Griffin didn't know about Sterling's racist tendencies when they joined the organization?

Impossible for Rivers in my opinion. I'd say Paul and Griffin maybe, but not Rivers. Elgin couldn't have been the ONLY person in that circle to know that Sterling was racist. Word must have gotten around those circles.

Have you seen his history of racially-driven lawsuits? Forget the Elgin Baylor stuff, this guy is a modern day slumlord & slave driver.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:54 pm

Every time I sit and think of how the NBA propped up the Clippers I get sick. Hate or not, Paul would have changed the Lakers so much. We'd probably have both Paul and Howard which would be hard to support, but we'd have a relevant team.

Instead the NBA gives this racist piece of garbage all of this manufactured success that the Lakers earned. That's so much crap. That's so wrong on so many levels. Even if the NBA were to kick out Sterling and the Clippers come to justice from this, the effect of Stern's mother****ing manipulating is going to still screw over the Lakers and change the League for years to come. It was such an illegal, blatant abuse of power and on TOP of that it was to support the coffers of a billionaire bigot.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Shaun Powell ‏@Powell2daPeople 20 min
Clippers players can protest, which is great, but they can't erase Donald Sterling's name off their checks.

Shaun Powell ‏@Powell2daPeople 22 min
Who looks worse than Donald Sterling? The LA chapter of the NAACP. Money-grubbing fools!

Shaun Powell ‏@Powell2daPeople 24 min
Laughable how so many are suddenly against Donald Sterling now, as opposed to when he discriminated against residents. Phony.

Shaun Powell ‏@Powell2daPeople 28 min
The outrage from players and owners, while commendable, is simply to be fashionable. True outrage would've supported Elgin Baylor.

Shaun Powell ‏@Powell2daPeople 29 min
You know what talks, besides Donald Sterling into a bugged phone? Money. His money.

Shaun Powell ‏@Powell2daPeople 32 min
Doc Rivers and Chris Paul are smart men, so I don't buy their ignorance on Donald Sterling's past.

Shaun Powell ‏@Powell2daPeople 38 min
It's great players and coaches are kicking Donald Sterling, but where was their foot years ago?
wcsoldier81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:05 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:OK so I haven't been on my CPU in a couple of days but had to make a couple of comments here.

1. If he made the comments then he is an idiot plan and simple.

2. Doesn't matter if he made the comments the worst the NBA can do is fine him or maybe take a draft pick away (maybe). All the people running around the world screaming Freedom of Speech should be saying the same thing for this dude. The NBA can't force him to sell his company which means he cant be fired over a racist remark no matter how idiotic and desperate it is.

3. The idea that players are going to boycott the Clippers is foolish at best. OK so maybe some superstars like Kobe would stay away but the majority of players are going to come in get their check and cash it without pause. We would be foolish to pretend that this outrage isn't anything more than the 140-character worlds current battle it will be a mere "annoyance" in a few months. Sad state of affairs indeed but absolutely true.

4. I said earlier and I say again I am suspicious of the girl who only did this after being charged with taking 1.8 million bucks. Because we hate the Clippers and Sterling no one ask the question of could it be doctored? Seems like it is just like with athletes in rape allegations "guilty until proven innocent." Again I am not saying he didn't do it but I am saying the jury of public opinion is very quick to come in with guilty verdicts without facts.

5. All that being said Im glad people are shi***** on the Clippers cause its a crap organization.

Puff - the NBA/owners decides who can own am NBA team. If they agree that sterling is unfit to bee an NBA owner - something can happen. Not saying it will but it's a fact that the NBA has to approve of the owners. Not just anyone with cash flow can own a team.

And the players have boycotted - there's a report saying the Clippers turned their warm up shirts inside out so the "Clippers" logo wouldn't show. That's pretty damn close to boycotting. The other thing - sure like some have said if the Clippers offer a free agent the best deal of any other team, the player will still sign with the Clippers. But any relevant player will get an equal offer from multiple teams, the Clippers aren't going to be offering any more money than anyone else. Clippers have been in LA for years - only
Reason they're attracting FA now is bc of CP3 & Blake.

I too am suspicious of the girl. She has her own set of issues - "rationally" pleading with a senile delusional man. Also sleeping with an 80 year old married person. That being said I don't mind that this bigot sterling is being reprimanded. Don't f******* tie balloons to our statues you vermin.

You are right the owners have to approve someone buying a team but he already "owns" the team. As far as I understand (and I could be wrong) they can't force him out of the league. Hell if that was possible the NFL would of gotten rid of Al Davis decades ago. Basically once he is in he is in and all they can do is fine him for some obscure rule of community relations stuff. I can see it now "NBA fines Sterling 10 million for conduct detrimental to the NBA image"

As far as the boycotting yes the players have to do something to show that they too are not happy with what was said but in the end they are going to be playing with that giant CLIPPERS on their chest at game time. I dont see any of them, and rightfully so, jeopardizing their money to make a point. They are going to play and cash those playoff checks. The Clippers have been a nothing team for decades and we all know Sterling doesn't really care if they win a Championship or not. He gets just as many butts in the seats from fans who hate the Lakers as he does fans who love other teams and want to actually go to a game (Clips tickets are way cheaper). He is making his money.

And he should be reprimanded for tying those damn balloons to our history. Oddly enough
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby dmaul on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Chillbongo wrote:... the NBA/owners decides who can own am NBA team. If they agree that sterling is unfit to bee an NBA owner - something can happen. Not saying it will but it's a fact that the NBA has to approve of the owners. Not just anyone with cash flow can own a team.

They decide who can own a team but once that owner is in, I don't think they have any power whatsoever to get rid of them. They have no legal recourse to force them out, force them to sell, etc. And even if they did, you don't think that litigious jerkoff Sterling wouldn't be fighting back with his lawyers, kicking and screaming. No way he's going to let someone else take away his personal ATM machine. And why should he let them? He didn't do anything illegal. The only thing he's guilty of is being a racist.
dmaul

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Damn that's a shame that the league has no say once someone is ready an owner. Unfortunately you are right - soon the team will be sporting the Clipper logo again and after some wrist slapping by the NBA this will be brushed under the rug.

The one positive we can take from this is that the Lakers are 180 degrees apart from the Clippers as an organization when it comes to class and culture. No matter if the Clippers are in the playoffs and we are not - culture and class is rooted deep.

They are always going to be the Clippers.
Chillbongo

Postby revgen on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:07 pm

therealdeal wrote:

I definitely think Doc knew better. He played for Sterling for one year in 1991-1992. And if he didn't experience Sterling's racist behavior head on, he must have heard about it from Danny Manning or Elgin Baylor.

CP3 seems far too smart and knowledgeable not to have known about it. His interest in professional basketball extends to political arena. He has to know who the owners are.

The only guy who may not have known was Griffin. He doesn't strike me as somebody who gets into politics.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Barnstable on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Have you seen his history of racially-driven lawsuits? Forget the Elgin Baylor stuff, this guy is a modern day slumlord & slave driver.

Funny you say that. Here are some choice quotes about Sterling from a book about bad sports owners published in 2010:

He also, according to his former GM Elgin Baylor, “would bring women into the locker room after games, while the players were showering, and make comments such as, ‘Look at those beautiful black bodies.’ I brought [player complaints] to Sterling’s attention, but he continued to bring women into the locker room.”

Sterling is also the Slumlord Billionaire, a man who made his fortune by building low-income housing, and then, according to a Justice Department lawsuit, developing his own racial quota system to decide who gets the privilege of renting his properties. In November of 2009, Sterling settled the suit with the US Department of Justice for $2.73 million, the largest ever obtained by the government in a discrimination case involving apartment rentals. Reading the content of the suit makes you want to shower with steel wool. Sterling just said no to rent to non-Koreans in Koreatown and just said hell-no to African-Americans looking for property in plush Beverly Hills. Sterling, who has a Blagojevichian flair for the language, says he did not like to rent to “Hispanics” because “Hispanics smoke, drink and just hang around the building.” He also stated that “black tenants smell and attract vermin.”

In 2001, Sterling was sued successfully by the City of Santa Monica on charges that he harassed and threatened to evict eight tenants living in three rent-controlled buildings. Their unholy offense that drew his ire was having potted plants on balconies. Talk about “hands on.” How many billionaires drive around their low-income housing properties to look for violations? That’s Donnie Tokowitz in action. Two years later, Sterling was effectively able to evict a tenant for allegedly tearing down notices in the building’s elevator.

In 2004, Sterling led a brigade of other landlords to smash Santa Monica’s ultra-strict Tenant Harassment Ordinance. The ordinance stated that issuing repeated eviction threats to tenants was a form of harassment. Sterling and his crew believed that they should be allowed to harass to their hearts content. There are only so many potted plants a man can stand!

Sterling’s other lawsuit comes from inside his own NBA offices: his long-time general manager Elgin Baylor. Baylor, an NBA legend with the Los Angeles Lakers, has spent more than two decades making a series of personnel decisions that have ranged from depressing to enraging. Baylor’s was called without irony by a television commentator as “veteran of the lottery process” watching the ping-pong balls bounce around to see who gets the number-one pick. The Clippers draft picks under Baylor’s tenure—and their entire roster—have largely been a dyspeptic horror show. According to Baylor, one reason for their continued ineptitude was Sterling in telling Baylor he wanted to fill his team with “poor black boys from the South and a white head coach.”

A Clippers draft pick who could actually play was Kansas star Danny Manning. Manning didn’t last in LA. This might be because Sterling, according to Baylor, would grumble that he didn’t like being in a position where “I’m offering a lot of money for a poor black kid.” Baylor’s lawsuit claims the team has “egregious salary disparities” based on race. Baylor claims he was told to “induce African-American players to join the Clippers, despite the Clippers’ reputation of being unwilling to fairly treat and compensate African-American players.” Baylor says the owner, Donald Sterling, has a “pervasive and ongoing racist attitude.” It also stated that Sterling made clear to Baylor that hiring an African-American head coach was not his preference. This is why Baylor’s lawyers accuse Sterling of having a “vision of a Southern plantation–type structure.”

For someone whose hobby is unjust evictions, Sterling’s charitable pet project is helping the homeless. Sterling’s homeless “activism” consisted of him buying an $8 million warehouse with big plans to turn it into the $50 million Donald Sterling homeless center. We know of Sterling’s plans not from any press conference with homeless rights activists, or a ribbon-cutting ceremony or even efforts to secure permits from the city. We are aware of his unparalleled generosity because Sterling bought a series of full page ads in the front section of the Los Angeles Times to tell us how generous he is. The ads do more than trumpet Sterling. They seem designed by him as well, or by a man who would unbutton his shirt to the waist in public.

Each ad contains Donald Sterling’s massive head, complete with a smile showing a mouth of capped teeth (or maybe white Chiclets), hair by Blago and skin stretched tighter than a Sunset Boulevard miniskirt. Underneath Sterling’s head it reads, “Please don’t forget the children, they need our help.”

Sterling has taken out full-page ads before, often times ones that proclaim him the recent recipient of some “humanitarian of the year” honor. But the shelter ads were worse because they raised the hopes of an entire community in LA starved for funds and relief. As Patrick Range McDonald wrote in the LA Weekly, “The advertisements promise a ‘state-of-the-art $50 million’ building on Sixth and Wall streets, whose stated ‘objective’ is to ‘educate, rehabilitate, provide medical care and a courtroom for existing homeless.’… These days, though, Sterling’s vow to help the homeless is looking more like a troubling, ego-inflating gimmick dreamed up by a very rich man with a peculiar public-relations sense.… From homeless-services operators to local politicians, no one has received specifics for the proposed Sterling Homeless Center. They aren’t the least bit convinced that the project exists.’”

Tom Gilmore, who served for six years on the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority said, “I’m generally a very optimistic person, but this thing smells like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. The Los Angeles Times ads aren’t cheap. He could’ve stopped buying the ads and spent that money on homeless people.” Gilmore, who’s been working downtown since 1992, adds, “I’ve never seen [Sterling] down here in my life.”

Reverend Alice Callaghan, who works with the 4,000 people on LA’s skid row at any given time, was even more blunt: “It’s the lowest of the low if he’s using the homeless to make himself look good,” she said. “Or it’s the dumbest of the dumb. No one builds those kinds of shelters down here anymore. He’s a businessman. He can make anything happen. So if it’s not happening, there’s a reason for it.”
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Sterling's wife declined an interview with an ABC sideline reporter...saying her character does not reflect the comments on the alledged tape. She did not defend or discuss her husband whether it was intentional or in accordance to what her lawyers instructed her to. Van Gundy added that it is implausible how she could not recognize her husband's voice on the tape.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:34 pm

If us fan knew , players/coaches knew it too ... they just don't have a problem with cashing in millions from a racist owner ... now that he has been exposed (again) and it's everywhere in the news , the Clippers players/NBA pretend they care...
wcsoldier81

Postby Barnstable on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:38 pm

Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:41 pm

I shouldn't be laughing but LOL :man10:
kenzo

Postby dmaul on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:43 pm

As a resident of Southern California and longtime subscriber to the LA Times I can attest to these comical ads he takes out in the newspaper. Yes, like the book mentions, it's usually a big picture of him smiling with sparkling white teeth. There's usually pictures of other celebrities or influential Los Angeles political/business people in the ad. Presumably they all attended the same charity function where he won the Humanitarian of the Year award. And then there are the ads touting his upscale rental properties in LA County, featuring plastic surgery enhanced women in bikinis on the beach. You see these ads and shake your head, and think "is this guy for real?"
dmaul

Postby Barnstable on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:52 pm

revgen wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

I definitely think Doc knew better. He played for Sterling for one year in 1991-1992. And if he didn't experience Sterling's racist behavior head on, he must have heard about it from Danny Manning or Elgin Baylor.

CP3 seems far too smart and knowledgeable not to have known about it. His interest in professional basketball extends to political arena. He has to know who the owners are.

The only guy who may not have known was Griffin. He doesn't strike me as somebody who gets into politics.

I agree that Paul probably should have known, but for the players I don't blame them all that much. Paul didn't have a choice of where he got traded and Griffin didn't have a choice where he went in the draft. I agree too that I don't think Griffin probably knows much about anything socially. He's a young, rich man. They're usually pretty out of touch.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Barnstable on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:13 pm

^Players have made their voice heard because for the most part, as soon as their contract is up, they bolt from the Clippers ASAP. I wouldn't doubt Paul and Griffon do the same, but who knows.
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Basketball Fan on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:30 pm

Adam Silver has a parade of laudable business partners that he inherited from his morally ambiguous predecessor, David Stern.

The new NBA commissioner has a business partner in Washington who doesn’t know the difference between a tax code and “class warfare,” who bribes bloggers, slugs fans, bulldozes the neighboring Chinatown population into Virginia so he can help put up more Hooters, and asserts that we should all be grateful for the privilege of subsidizing his team.

He has a business partner in Orlando who is so righteous he has poured millions into anti-gay marriage initiatives, because gays “keep asking for favors” and “special treatment,” and marriage is “not vital to them, in my opinion.”

He has a business partner in Cleveland that made billions in the mortgage business, many of them by passing subprime loans along to the ultimate thieves, Countrywide, which greased the derivative machine that helped destroy the global economy.

He has a business partner in Oklahoma City who made his billions through fracking, which has been linked to everything from toxic drinking water to earthquakes to climate change, and then screwed landowners out of their royalties when business went bad.

He has a business partner in Brooklyn who is an oligarch, that special kind of patriot who uses political connections to grab billions in state-owned assets for micropennies on the dollar, leaving much of the population to starve in the feudal cesspool left behind.

And yes, he has a business partner in Los Angeles who is a slumlord that refused to rent to minorities because they are “not desirable tenants,” and because “black tenants smell and attract vermin,” and “Mexicans sit around and drink all day,” leading to a humongous settlement of a federal housing lawsuit; and who has some scary attitudes toward women, which has led to harassment suits and yet more settlements.

We’re not here to put Donald Sterling’s racism on a scale with other social sins practiced by Adam Silver’s business partners, which stretch from here to Seattle.

We can only remind you that everyone already knew that Sterling was a despicable human being. If you didn't know it, you simply weren't paying attention, or – like Stern and Silver and everyone else in the NBA – you chose not to care.

Racism is an indelible part of what he is. If he issues a thousand mea-culpas today, nothing changes that. He has stood courtside with a what-me-worry visage for decades, because he is part of a lunatic fraternity that always embraced him as a bit eccentric, but always One of Ours.

So we find this latest example of Sterling spewing his usual vile nonsense not even remotely interesting, or anything but redundant. This is Donald Sterling we’re talking about. What TMZ captured on tape is not a smoking gun. It is a longstanding business practice.

Yet his remarks have received a ton of attention, because the people who do business with him suddenly cannot overlook the fact that he is a public embarrassment and a risk to their virtuous enterprise.

(Pause here for eye-roll.)

Only two things really should vex these Men of Basketball.

One: They never denounced Sterling a decade ago, when his odious viewpoints were already a part of the public record – yet the players took his money, his partners shared in his largesse, and the fans subsidized his business.

Two: They don’t seem to care that all this evidence of bigotry was obtained via an egregious invasion of Donald the Clown’s privacy, which is a candor test that absolutely none of these Men of Basketball would be able to pass.

So, better late than never, we go to the torches and pitchforks. Donald has everyone fired up just by being the despicable human being that he is, so expect Silver to punish him for, essentially, free speech. He has the authority to do that within the framework of the NBA constitution – because, you know, Sterling’s latest behavior isn’t in the best interests of the league.

Just let the record show that until Saturday morning, it was just fine.

The public response was outrage, and, sure, mostly proportionate. As for the punishment, most of us scratch our heads like LeBron James, the league's commercial colossus, who says, "There is no room for Donald Sterling in our league."

Try to keep up, young fella. Clearly, there’s abundant room for all types in your league.

The other primary cash cow, Michael Jordan, was the only fellow owner who had the guts to speak up in the first 24 hours. But MJ, not exactly the world’s foremost expert on perspective, concluded his statement with, “In a league where the majority of players are African-American, we cannot and must not tolerate discrimination at any level.”

It wouldn’t matter if there was one black player, or two. Discrimination is intolerable, period. Unless one of your business partners is Donald Sterling.

http://www.nj.com/ledger-dalessandro...ften_ugly.html
Basketball Fan

Postby pound4pound1 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:36 pm

their stars will walk when their contracts are up and they wont be able to lure anymore impactful free agents as long as Sterling is still there

the only thing left to do is sell the team to some billionaire in Seattle or something...either way, i'll be happy
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:51 pm

I said/asked this a few pages back in this thread

He's gotten away with it forever, and like in the article above where Sterling (or "the man on the tape") says he has to live within a culture and that's the way it is, it makes me wonder how many other owners or persons in positions of power in the NBA or those businesses associated with it that all run it, are also racists. If this has been allowed to go on for decades, the question to me is "why?".

The article Basketball Fan just posted above seems to have answered my question. These other owners and people in power might not be racist, but it's pretty clear they do things most would consider not good, or to put it another way, they might not be what is considered good people for different reasons, wow.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Rooscooter on Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:58 pm

This will blow over in time. He may have to give up being the public face of the club and pay a fine or something but the black guys on the team leaving is just not going to happen....

If Sterling can get a Person of the Year from the NAACP in the face of the Baylor Fiasco then he can get past this. It shouldn't be, but it is the case that rich donor Democrats get away with this stuff all the time....he gives a ton to inner city community organizations and groups like the NAACP.....that money will buy yet another lifeline for him IMO. Thus is the life as a wealthy and connected individual.....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
Rooscooter

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:32 pm

This has made Sterling's Clippers the enemy in the public eye.

The Clippers will lose the series. Silver has to get them out of the public eye asap. But even if he doesn't act, they'll lose since a) the Warriors want to beat the racist organization, and b) the Clippers feel bad about being the racist organization. Expect a repeat of tonight for the rest of the series.

Maybe the Lakers will get a decent Clipper player this summer. Or a decent draft pick.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby 432J on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:13 pm

all this is actually great for the lakers because for once, the lakers are seen as the good guys and now the clippers are being seen as the villains, instead of the media darlings they've been for a few years now

maybe now the NBA can do the lakers a solid in one way or another for the whole cp3 fiasco that ruined this team's future for years to come

on a side note, i've been hearing lots of talk lately about how stern gave the clippers cp3 to do a favour for his buddy sterling. i'm not buying it, because the whole cp3 thing had everything to do with lebron james. let's take a trip down memory lane:

the year is 2011, it's been over a year since miami formed the big 3 and they're coming off a shocking finals loss to dallas. the lakers are only a year and a half removed from winning back to back titles and are about to acquire cp3. there's also been talk about the lakers acquiring dwight howard as well, with the main piece in that deal being bynum who was not involved in the proposed cp3 trade to the lakers. stern and the NBA CLEARLY realized that if the lakers acquire cp3, they would automatically acquire howard in the near future which would have hugely impacted lebron's quest to finally win a title with the big 3

so stern nixes the deal, lets the clippers acquire cp3, and therefore ensures the heat an easy road to 2 straight and who knows more titles. meanwhile, this forces the lakers to keep pau and desperately need a PG which they answered by acquiring nash and although they still acquired howard, there was no cp3 to keep him happy
432J

Postby John3:16 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Watching the game today, I was confused by something. The Oakland crowd was chanting "Beat LA! Beat LA!" The Lakers weren't even playing. :man3:

Also, I loved that they showed Curry's mom. :man13: Donald Sterling said she can come to Game 5.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion