Donald Sterling: Get away from me you pig!

Re: Donald Sterling: 2 Billion Ballmer bid!

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 am

He called Shelly a "pig" in court yesterday and said he will be suing the NBA until the day he dies.
LTLakerFan

Re: Donald Sterling: 2 Billion Ballmer bid!

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:39 am

LTLakerFan wrote:He called Shelly a "pig" in court yesterday and said he will be suing the NBA until the day he dies.

^^ Dude has always been a complete jerk. And a scumbag on top of it. He has been the death knell to that franchise and the reason that they can't ever find true success and get over the hump. Here he is still handicapping them. Well, the NBA will have his hand's full with this guy unless the judge rules him incompetent/incapacitated which he seems to be.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Re: Donald Sterling: Get away from me you pig!

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:19 pm

"I'll sue you!!" is to Donald Sterling what "Just win baby" and "Go vertical" were to Al Davis…..who was approaching similar levels of A-hole (ness) and pettiness (Marcus Allen) and senility himself the last years of his ownership.

To clarify even Al was not this much of a reprehensible human being, for all his latter faults. Just saying the "sayings". Al's are cliche in remembering him as are Sterling's.
LTLakerFan

Postby Basketball Fan on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:01 pm

LAS VEGAS -- NBA commissioner Adam Silver addressed media after the NBA's Board of Governors meeting with a variety of information on how the NBA product might improve.

Adam Silver sees the positives for the NBA in all the attention the free agent frenzy has delivered

What he couldn't promise, though, was the extrication of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling, who remains in a legal dispute with the league over his contested ownership of the team, before the beginning of the 2014-15 season.

"I can't say with certainty because it's in the hands of the probate court right now, and Donald is in the process of suing us for lots of money and we're defending ourselves against those lawsuits," Silver said.

While Silver continues to profess that the NBA will prevail in either getting Sterling to sell the Clippers or wresting control of the team from him via the legal system, the commissioner could not give ironclad assurances.

"It's difficult to say anything with certainty in a situation like this," Silver said. "I can say with certainty that we are doing everything in our power to move Donald out as an owner in the NBA."

The commissioner announced that the NBA has yet to approve ex-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, whose $2 billion bid on the team was accepted on May 30 by Shelly Sterling in a written agreement.

In addition to the update on the Clippers situation, Silver spoke of several changes and proposals. He announced that the NBA's replay review system will be aided by a replay center in Secaucus, New Jersey. Silver also floated the idea of a televised NBA awards show, and a midseason tournament.

Silver also addressed his thoughts on LeBron James' decision to leave the Miami Heat for the Cleveland Cavaliers, a decision he learned of on Twitter, "when virtually everyone else learned about it." Silver said he was moved by James' statement that appeared in Sports Illustrated.

"I've gotten to know LeBron pretty well over the years," Silver said. "From that standpoint, I really am more like a fan. This seemed to be a great moment for the league. And again, I understand it's Miami's loss, but that's always going to be an issue when you have such a transcendent player like LeBron."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...31865%2F%22%7D
Basketball Fan

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:11 pm

So is LeBron still going to lead the players boycott if Clippers aren't sold by start of the season? :man1:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:56 pm

So…..the L.A. Times reported this morning that Ballmer was invited up to Donald's mansion in town last night for a meeting and was there for awhile. Donald I think is under pressure because idiotically fighting this sale with his dissolution of the family Trust he's tried to do, has made 3 or 4 big creditors want him to then pay up on loans NOW, totaling somewhere around $500 million.

What's interesting though is I guess Silver just has to bend over and take "it" with The Donald ignoring Silver's edict that big Don can have NO dealings whatsoever with the team. :man10: :man10: At this point he's probably saying, F*** it, I just want to get the Clippers sold before we start the season. And will not be bothering Don any more on that point.

I think also I read or heard on ESPN radio that Dick Parsons was due in court today for the Shelly vs Donald hearing. I wonder what his paycheck is per month for sitting with his feet up on Big Don's desk in his office, as a figurehead?
LTLakerFan

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:08 pm

If Adam Silver thought he was going away quietly.... I'm still waiting on Sterling to talk about Stern

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... ub-damages

Donald Sterling files a new lawsuit

Sterling Files New Lawsuit

LOS ANGELES -- Donald Sterling filed a suit in Superior Court on Tuesday afternoon seeking damages from the NBA, commissioner Adam Silver, his wife Shelly Sterling, and the LA Clippers Basketball Club alleging they violated corporate law in attempting to sell the franchise to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

Sterling argues that he is the sole owner and shareholder of LAC Basketball Club, a franchise and private corporation that manages and runs the Clippers. He transferred those shares into the Sterling Family Trust in 1998, but when Sterling revoked that trust on June 9, the shares of the corporation reverted back to his name and his wife had no authority to sell them.

The lawsuit comes as testimony in a trial in California probate court continued Tuesday to determine whether Shelly Sterling acted properly in selling the team to Ballmer. Donald Sterling was removed as a trustee from the trust when two neurologists examined him and determined he was mentally incapacitated and unfit to conduct his legal and business affairs. He has since objected to the sale.

Donald Sterling also has a federal lawsuit against the NBA seeking $1 billion in damages. Tuesday's lawsuit was filed in Superior Court. It is not known whether the judge in probate court will seek to consolidate this lawsuit with the current trial.
Basketball Fan

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:15 pm

^^^ :man10: :man10: Sounds like the meeting at Don's pad last night with Ballmer went well. :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby charvin on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:28 pm

I hope he stays as owner now. Reading a report on Fox saying that Doc told interim CEO he doesn't want to come back if Sterling stays means the Clippers will implode.
charvin

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:13 pm

Man I love this.

I don't see Doc staying true to his word though and if he does, I hope the Lakers don't get him. He's a good coach, but I absolutely loathe him and his methods of coaching.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne · 4m
Donald's lawyers made it very clear today he WANTS the NBA to try and terminate him and sell the team because it opens up his antitrust suit
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:54 pm

Great freaking entertainment because it does the Clippers zero good as long as it's not settled. But I don't get the Donald at all. Spending all these legal fees to fight a 2 billion dollar sale for your team that Shelly got you. The guy is delusional.

That said… another pack of Jiffy Pop into the nuker :hungry: :hungry:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:56 am

:jam2: :bow: Do it Doc, do it "players"….. or quit your posturing like any of those threats are going to affect the outcome of the Clippers sale. In fact DO it and Sterling will sue all of you, likely……it's what he does….who he is. This is soooo much fun. For so many reasons.

Matt Barnes: Doc Rivers leaving, players boycotting over Sterling situation remains a possibility
Brett Pollakoff Jul 28, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT

The NBA has done everything in its power to remove Donald Sterling from his position as owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, and while he’s been suspended forever from getting anywhere near team activities, the fact remains that he still technically owns the team.

And that’s going to be a problem if it’s the case as the new season approaches.

Clippers players were uncertain of how to handle things when they initially went down, but boycotting games was definitely discussed — and it would be strongly considered once again should Sterling remain the team’s owner when it’s time for next season to begin.

Clippers forward Matt Barnes joined the Show and offered his thoughts on the Donald Sterling situation, a possible players boycott and what the union wants from its new Executive Director …

CM: We have heard testimony from CEO Dick Parsons that Doc Rivers may not return if Donald Sterling still owns the team. Chris Paul suggested last week that players could boycott if Sterling owns the team. Is it realistic that Clippers players could do that?

MB: “I think so. We were very close to doing it last year in the middle of the playoffs, and it hadn’t really sunk in then. Now the full magnitude of what happened has sunk in. People feel very strong about what happened. It would be unfortunate if it got to either of those situations but I do believe both are a possibility.”

Chris Paul recently said that he and Doc Rivers “are talking about” the possibility of a boycott if Sterling is not removed in time for next season. But obviously, the league isn’t going to let it get to that, as Kurt Helin noted here previously.

“The league reportedly has let Shelly Sterling and Ballmer know that if by Sept. 15 this is not resolved and the team is not under new ownership then the league will proceed with the vote to out Donald and re-do the sale through a blind bid (although that likely brings in less money this time around).”

I mentioned at the time that players boycotting playoff games was never a real option, essentially because players play for their own legacies above all else. But making a statement at the beginning of the long regular season wouldn’t be as impactful to their own careers, so in the unlikely event that the league is unable to rid itself of Sterling, this time around the threat of a boycott seems to be much more realistic.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... er=ya5nbcs
LTLakerFan

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:44 pm

^^ Good stuff. Would love to see it go down!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:01 pm

So they'd sit out games and give up money? I'm not sure I buy it. I find it much more likely that they just play and say something cliche like "I do it for my teammates".

That being said, I hope this goes on forever and throws the Clippers all off balance. It'd be great to watch that team revert back to where they deserve to be: the bottom.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:57 pm

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-sterling-donald-shelly-clippers-judge-ruling-20140728-story.html
Judge Michael Levanas allowed the sale of the Clippers to go forward Monday afternoon, ruling in favor of Shelly Sterling on all three counts in a probate court trial against Donald Sterling.

The ruling in Los Angeles Superior Court included an extraordinary order that essentially renders any appellate court intervention meaningless.

Levanas made the announcement after almost two hours of closing arguments between lawyers for Donald Sterling and Shelly Sterling in Los Angeles Superior Court.

Donald Sterling
CAPTION
Donald Sterling
Danny Moloshok / Associated Press
Clippers owner Donald Sterling gestures while attending a game between the Clippers and Lakers in December 2011. Sterling is fighting to have a say in the franchise's future after remarks he made about blacks led to a lifetime ban from the NBA.
CAPTION
Donald Sterling
Lenny Ignelzi / Associated Press
Donald Sterling speaks to reporters during a 1981 news conference to announce he had purchased the San Diego Clippers. Sterling purchased the franchise for $13.5 million and moved the team to Los Angeles in 1984.
CAPTION
Donald Sterling
John McDonough / Los Angeles Times
Donald Sterling smiles during a 1981 news conference introducing him as the new owner of the San Diego Clippers. Sterling bought the team for $13.5 million and moved the franchise to Los Angeles in 1984.
CAPTION
Donald Sterling
Los Angeles Times
Clippers owner Donald Sterling, second from right, watches the Clippers play an exhibition game against the Lakers in October 1984.
CAPTION
Donald, Shelly Sterling
Los Angeles Times
Clippers owner Donald Sterling attends a dinner in his honor with his wife, Shelly, at Cal State Los Angeles in November 1985.
Shelly Sterling wants the judge to uphold the removal of her husband as trustee of the Sterling Family Trust, which owns the Clippers, on grounds of mental incapacitation. That would clear the way to implement her May agreement to sell the franchise to Steve Ballmer for $2 billion.

During the morning's closing arguments, Max Blecher, an attorney for Donald Sterling, accused Shelly Sterling of “an invidious scheme to strip Donald Sterling of his ownership rights of the Clippers.”

lRelated Sterling case is a novel legal obstacle course
SPORTS
Sterling case is a novel legal obstacle course
SEE ALL RELATED
With a raised voice and waving arms, Blecher, calling the situation “unconscionable” and “devious,” described NBA Commissioner Adam Silver as a co-conspirator with Shelly Sterling.

Pierce O’Donnell, representing Shelly Sterling, dismissed Blecher's assertion, saying, “This was an argument for the media, not for the court.”

Earlier, O'Donnell put the case in simple terms.

“The doctors certified Donald as incapacitated. That’s the end of the matter,” O’Donnell said.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:53 pm

That's it? :man5: No more Clippers drama :man6:
kenzo

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:14 pm

I still think Donald finds ways to fight. We'll see.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:47 pm

He's got two other law suits against the NBA going as well intending to stop this, and now of course he will be suing the Judge. :man10:

What a waste of his and Shelly's money feeding these lawyers. OK put the selfies back up in the rafters. :man5:

Looking forward to our Beast banging on Biff > he could get "hurt" trying to guard him. :man9:
LTLakerFan

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Ouchy, Donald. Of course he will keep fighting but this is a heavy blow. Probate court judge upheld Shelly's right to boot him as a Trustee to sell the team due to mental incapacitance. The judge sounds totally right on point by the way. No way in hell the franchise would sell higher than the astonishing 2 billion dollar bid.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/07/28/judg ... f:nbahpt3c

Judge OKs record-setting $2B sale of Clippers

Posted Jul 28, 2014 5:54 PM - Updated Jul 28, 2014 11:59 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling lost his attempt to block the $2 billion sale of the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

In allowing the deal to go forward, Superior Court Judge Michael Levanas sided Monday with Sterling's estranged wife, Shelly Sterling, who negotiated the record sale after the NBA banned the 80-year-old billionaire for making offensive remarks about blacks.
Shelly Sterling sought the probate judge's approval to ink the deal after taking over the family trust that owns the team because doctors found Donald Sterling had signs of Alzheimer's disease and couldn't manage his affairs.
The judge said Shelly Sterling had negotiated a good deal and the removal of her husband as a co-trustee was in good faith and not part of a secret plan to seize the team.
Shelly Sterling hugged her lawyer and wept after the judge explained his ruling from the bench.
"I can't believe it's over," she said. "This is the best thing."
An unusual provision of the ruling bars Donald Sterling from seeking a court-ordered delay of the sale as he appeals. His lawyers plan to seek permission from an appellate court to file an appeal.
Sterling was not in court for the ruling. Bobby Samini, one of his lawyers, said Sterling reacted calmly to the news and told his lawyers they had to keep battling on other fronts. Sterling testified during the case that he would fight the NBA until his death.
With lawsuits pending in state and federal courts, the ruling in Los Angeles County Superior Court is unlikely to put an end to the bizarre saga that began in April when a recording surfaced of Sterling scolding his young girlfriend for bringing black men to Clippers games.
The NBA moved quickly to ban Sterling for life and fined him $2.5 million.
Sterling was apologetic after the audio recording went viral, but his mea culpa backfired when he criticized Lakers great Magic Johnson, who had been photographed with Sterling's girlfriend, as a bad role model for kids because he had HIV. Sterling was roundly condemned from locker rooms to the Oval Office, where President Barack Obama called Sterling's remarks "incredibly offensive racist statements."
With the NBA threatening to seize the team and auction it, Sterling initially gave his wife of 58 years permission to negotiate a sale but then refused to sign the $2 billion Ballmer deal, which would be a record price for an NBA team. He said he would sue the league instead and then revoked the trust, which his lawyers said effectively killed the deal.
The nonjury trial held over several weeks focused mainly on whether Shelly Sterling properly removed her husband as a trustee and whether her actions carried any weight after he revoked the trust.
Donald Sterling claimed his wife had deceived him about the medical exams. His lawyers argued Monday that Shelly Sterling's lawyers were in cahoots with the doctors who examined him and that his wife conspired with NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to remove him from the trust.
"There's no evidence, I'll repeat that as loudly as you allow," attorney Maxwell Blecher said during closing argument, his voice rising. "There's no evidence that Mr. Sterling was incapable of carrying out his duties as a co-trustee."
Levanas said there was no credible evidence that Sterling was defrauded.
Blecher said he was deeply disappointed in the judge's legal analysis.
The ruling Monday was tentative until the judge files it in writing.
NBA spokesman Mike Bass said in a statement that the league was pleased and looked forward to the transaction closing as soon as possible.
At the conclusion of his lengthy ruling, Levanas envisioned what might happen if Donald Sterling remained the owner.
Citing testimony of Clippers interim CEO Richard Parsons, he said the team would go into a "death spiral." Sponsors would withdraw, players would quit and coach Doc Rivers would leave.
"The Clippers would suffer a massive loss of value if the team survived at all," Levanas said.
The judge was adamant that a team owned by Donald Sterling would not draw a price anywhere near the "stunning" $2 billion pledged by Ballmer. Sterling, a lawyer who made a fortune as a landlord, bought the team in 1981 for $12 million.
"Ballmer paid an amazing price that can't be explained by the market," he said.
On the witness stand, Shelly Sterling was more credible than her husband, who was more evasive, gave inconsistent answers and presented wild fluctuations of damage estimates, Levanas said.
He noted that the couple presented genuine professions of love for each other despite Donald Sterling's outburst calling his wife a "pig" after she testified.
Outside of court, his wife said she thought her husband would be happy with the ruling. She said she thinks he will ultimately drop his antitrust suit in federal court against the NBA and the lawsuit he filed in state court against her, Silver and the league.
Her lawyer wasn't so sure. Asked what might stop the deal, Pierce O'Donnell said: "Donald."
"He never met a lawsuit he didn't like," he quipped.
Bruce Givner, a Los Angeles tax attorney who handles celebrity cases, said he thinks Sterling's lawsuits will fail and an appeals court won't care about the probate case.
"I think the sale is going to go through," Givner said. "I suspect the NBA is ready to move very quickly. They want to get rid of Sterling like a canker sore. Nobody wants him around except the people that are charging legal fees to continue this charade."
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:00 pm

" Nobody wants him around except the people that are charging legal fees to continue this charade."

:man10: ^^ Last sentence in the article above. I've said this 3 or 4 times myself.
LTLakerFan

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Yep, and incompetent Donald keeps throwing his money at the lawyers.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby 432J on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:06 am

well it looks like uncle fester...er i mean steve ballmer is now officially the clippers owner

what a shame. i was hoping sterling somehow found a way to stay on so that the team could go back to being the complete mess it was not too long ago
432J

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:33 pm

432J wrote:well it looks like uncle fester...er i mean steve ballmer is now officially the clippers owner

what a shame. i was hoping sterling somehow found a way to stay on so that the team could go back to being the complete mess it was not too long ago

Yeah, I have said for more than 20 years that the Clippers would never win a chip with the Donald at the helm. But agreed looks like a severe blow to Sterling. He can and will appeal but he wasn't able to stop the sale which is what he really wanted. NBA is launching a countersuit as well. Can't say I am sad in any way to see the Donald losing though. Can't stand that buffoon. I did love the way he kept running the franchise in the ground though, just as a Laker fan. But there was a time when I actually liked their team - back in the Ron Harper Danny Manning Mark Jackson Larry Brown days. That was a fun and competitive team.

Done deal:
Steve Ballmer new Clippers owner
Updated: August 12, 2014, 3:23 PM ET
ESPN.com news services
12K582COMMENTS393EMAILPRINT

Sale Of Clippers To Ballmer Finalized

Arash Markazi discusses the news that Steve Ballmer is the new owner of the Clippers.
Tags: NBA, Los Angeles Clippers
NEXT VIDEO video
Clippers Sale Finalized
The Los Angeles Clippers officially have a new owner.

Steve Ballmer's bid to purchase the Clippers closed Tuesday after the entry of an order by a California court confirmed the authority of Shelly Sterling to sell the team on behalf of the Sterling Family Trust, the league announced.

Ballmer, a former Microsoft CEO, bid $2 billion for the Clippers in May.

"I am humbled and honored to be the new owner of the Los Angeles Clippers," Ballmer said in a statement released by the team. "Clipper fans are so amazing. They have remained fiercely loyal to our franchise through some extraordinary times. I will be hard core in giving the team, our great coach, staff and players the support they need to do their best work on the court."

Steve Ballmer
Noel Vasquez/Getty Images
Steve Ballmer, left, officially is the newest owner in the NBA, taking over the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday.
The NBA's board of governors interviewed Ballmer on July 15, then took a vote electronically last week to approve him as an owner, sources told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

Ballmer decided he would complete the sale as soon as Superior Court Judge Michael Levanas' written order came in, which occurred at 11:30 a.m. ET Tuesday.

"We were ready," Adam Streisand, Ballmer's attorney, said. "Within minutes, the deal was signed, sealed and delivered."

Ballmer's takeover of the Clippers follows weeks of legal tussling between Shelly and Donald Sterling, the 80-year-old billionaire whom the NBA banned earlier this year for making offensive remarks about blacks. Donald Sterling still is expected to appeal the sale, sources told Shelburne.

The NBA, meanwhile, has filed a counterclaim in federal court against Donald Sterling and the Sterling Family Trust, saying he caused "devastating and incalculable harm" to the league, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The counterclaim was in response to an antitrust lawsuit Donald Sterling filed against the NBA and commissioner Adam Silver in June. According to the Times, the league is seeking to recover damages from Sterling's controversial remarks.

Ballmer was one of at least six bidders to express serious interest in owning the Clippers, who were bought by Sterling in 1981 for $12.5 million.

Shelly Sterling signed an agreement to sell the team to Ballmer on May 29, then was forced to secure a court order to confirm her authority as sole trustee to go ahead with the sale.

"I am thrilled that the Clippers now have such a wonderful new owner," said Shelly Sterling, who as part of the deal was given the title of "Clippers Number One Fan" and "owner emeritus." "I am happy for the team, the fans, the sponsors and the city of Los Angeles."

Drafts of the Clippers' sale bid book, given to bidders by Bank of America and obtained by ESPN.com, revealed that the $2 billion price would be 12.1 times the expected 2014 revenues of the team. The bid book noted that the highest previous sale was the record that Ballmer beat, the Milwaukee Bucks, who sold for $550 million this year and a then-record five times total revenue.

There's real earnings in this business. There's real upside opportunity. So compared to the things I looked at in tech, this was a reasonable purchase and it's one I'm really excited about. Plus, I'm really excited about the product. I love it. I've been to over a hundred basketball games in the last year and that's just high school games.

-- Steve Ballmer, new Clippers owner
Ballmer defended the amount of his bid in an interview with ESPN.

"Lots of people run lots of numbers," he said. "I feel like I paid a price I'm excited about. It obviously was a price that was negotiated and I feel very good about it. It's not a cheap price, but when you're used to looking at tech companies with huge risk, no earnings and huge multiples, this doesn't look like the craziest thing I've ever acquired. It's my own personal money, and you're just as careful with your own money as you are with your shareholders' money.

"There's real earnings in this business. There's real upside opportunity. So compared to the things I looked at in tech, this was a reasonable purchase and it's one I'm really excited about. Plus, I'm really excited about the product. I love it. I've been to over a hundred basketball games in the last year and that's just high school games."

Ballmer previously had been involved in a failed bid to buy the Sacramento Kings and relocate them to Seattle. On Tuesday, he put to rest any thoughts of relocating the Clippers, saying, "There's a hundred reasons [not to move them]. ... I'm all in on the Los Angeles Clippers."

The official sale of the team to Ballmer caps a tumultuous few months for the organization, starting when Donald Sterling's racist comments to his girlfriend, V. Stiviano, were publicized by TMZ in April.

Last month, Clippers All-Star point guard Chris Paul said it would be "unacceptable" if Sterling still owned the team when the 2014-15 season began. Doc Rivers, meanwhile, had said he wouldn't want to continue as the Clippers' coach if Sterling remained in that position.

Rivers called Tuesday "an amazing new day in Clippers history."

"I couldn't be more excited to work together with Steve as we continue to build a first-class, championship organization," he said in a statement. "I am already inspired by Steve's passion for the game, his love of competition and desire to win the right way, and I know our players and fans are going to be inspired as well."

Paul and several other players concurred.

"I am very excited about Mr. Ballmer's purchase of the Clippers," Paul said. "I've had a chance to meet him and his excitement for the game of basketball and our team is going to be great for the league, the city of Los Angeles and Clipper fans everywhere."

Added All-Star forward Blake Griffin: "Today is a great day for the Clipper organization and fans everywhere. I look forward to having Mr. Ballmer as an owner and continuing our pursuit of a championship."

Ballmer, Rivers and Clippers players will attend a fan festival announced for Monday at Staples Center.

Information from ESPN's Darren Rovell and ESPNLosAngeles.com's Arash Markazi was used in this report.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:46 pm

I enjoyed watching the Odom-Brand-Miles-QRich team, but as a collective of players, not the Clippers brand. Contrastly, I have no problem with the Heat now, but I didn't like the collective of Lebron-Wade-Bosh.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion