I dont know about u guys but...

I dont know about u guys but...

Postby LakerFanFor16Years on Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:27 pm

I think the Pistons made a HUGE mistake taking Darko over Carmelo. I myself would choose Carmelo over LeBron and Darko anyday. In a way its a good thing that they chose Darko cuz if they chose Carmelo, then Pistons would have been the next Sperms.
LakerFanFor16Years

Postby BDG on Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:36 pm

I was thinking the same thing today... just imagine how good they'd be with Carmelo!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe834 on Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:59 am

4real, when u got the chance to get him befor anyone else, ooooooohhhhhh boy you betta. Big mistake and a golden opportunity lost. What was funny though, a couple days ago I had a dream that Carmello was in a Piston's jersey and in a ring boxin Darko. :man10:
Kobe834

Postby LakerFanFor16Years on Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:29 am

I dont know if the poll is still up, but if u go to nba.com, there was a poll that says whos gonna be rookie of the year, most people chose Carmelo over LeBron and Darko combined. More people chose Bosh over Darko.

BTW, LeBron was 4-18 last night, that shows how good he is.
LakerFanFor16Years

Postby Jamaican Lakerfan on Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:55 am

Is ESPN still hyping LeBron to death? At least the fans have more sense than the so-called experts, and are taken proven quality at the college level over outrageous hype and marketing dreams.

However, I thought Darko would be much better than this. He has been soft and generally disappointing so far.
Jamaican Lakerfan

Postby SWOL on Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:58 am

NA LEBRON IS BETTER THAN MELO, AND DARKO HE IS THE NEXT DIRK, JUST GIVE HIM SOME TIME MAN
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:43 pm

swolswol wrote:NA LEBRON IS BETTER THAN MELO, AND DARKO HE IS THE NEXT DIRK, JUST GIVE HIM SOME TIME MAN

and THIS is coming from swolswol...
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:30 pm

They have too many guards as it is. They needed a big man. Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Hunter all guards. When at the time of the draft all they had at big man was Wallace and Okur. So they got 2 big guys in the draft.

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:31 pm

Now they got way too many centers and power forwards. Wallace, Okur, Malicic, Campbell, and that other draft pick.

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:08 pm

I disagree, like what swol said, Darko needs time to polish his game. The Pistons can wait it out since they have a gazillion guys who can play PF and C on their team, and they don't need him even if he doesn't contribute this year. The guy has got a jumper and although he may not be better Carmelo in this stage NOR in the near future, he's a big man, and you know how valued big men are in this league. His age is also intruiging but he's just learning to play against men right now. The Pistons made the right move, give him time. He'll replace Elden Campbell one day. Mehmet Okur will play SF or PF off the bench.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Return to NBA Discussion