All-Time NBA Draft League: Seeding SET! MATCHES SET!

Re: Draft Your All-Time Great Team! Battle Tested on the clock!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:22 pm

That was going to be my pick for you if you didn't take him.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Re: Draft Your All-Time Great Team! unpossibl1 is on the clock!

Postby TIME on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Very few top level Centers left. I'm sensing an upcoming Joe Barry Carrol pick. :man13:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Well, DeAndre Jordan is still available :man12:
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby TIME on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:31 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:Well, DeAndre Jordan is still available :man12:

...and Javale McGee!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby MusixFinest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Shhh, I'm saving Gheorghe Muresan for my 12th pick.
MusixFinest

Postby TIME on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:36 pm

MusixFinest wrote:Shhh, I'm saving Gheorghe Muresan for my 12th pick.

I see you, and raise with Yinka Dare!!!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Ok, didn't want to reveal my cards, but then I'd go with Hasheem Thabeet!
Magic Skywalker

Postby MusixFinest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:39 pm

:man1: :man10:
MusixFinest

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:Ok, didn't want to reveal my cards, but then I'd go with Hasheem Thabeet!

Not Manute Bol? (7' 7")
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby unpossibl1 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:45 pm

With my pick I'm addressing my interior defense with a 3-time defensive player of the year winner. He put up 22 ppg on 59% shooting, grabbed 13.5 boards, and an impressive 2.3 blocks AND 1.3 steals from the center position. While he will primarily be my backup center he has the quickness and agility to defend 4s, so if we really need a stop I'm comfortable running him and Hakeem together.

His athleticism and ability to finish above the rim will also be a huge asset to our Showtime offense, which really made this pick a no-brainer.

Of course, I'm talking about about 2010/2011 Dwight Coward.
unpossibl1

Postby TIME on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:52 pm

unpossibl1 wrote:With my pick I'm addressing my interior defense with a 3-time defensive player of the year winner. He put up 22 ppg on 59% shooting, grabbed 13.5 boards, and an impressive 2.3 blocks AND 1.3 steals from the center position. While he will primarily be my backup center he has the quickness and agility to defend 4s, so if we really need a stop I'm comfortable running him and Hakeem together.

His athleticism and ability to finish above the rim will also be a huge asset to our Showtime offense, which really made this pick a no-brainer.

I was wondering who would have the nads to take him for this game. You sir, are a bigger man than me. :man12:
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Magic Skywalker is up with back to back picks, and then it's right back to you unpossible1.
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Wow, Dwight Coward and Dwyane Wade on the same team?

Unpossibl, I hate your team... on a hater kind of way, not thinking about sports :man10:
Magic Skywalker

Postby unpossibl1 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 pm

TIME wrote:
unpossibl1 wrote:With my pick I'm addressing my interior defense with a 3-time defensive player of the year winner. He put up 22 ppg on 59% shooting, grabbed 13.5 boards, and an impressive 2.3 blocks AND 1.3 steals from the center position. While he will primarily be my backup center he has the quickness and agility to defend 4s, so if we really need a stop I'm comfortable running him and Hakeem together.

I was wondering who would have the nads to take him for this game. You sir, are a bigger man than me. :man12:

Hey, I figured if I already have Wade I might as well take another despicable player!
unpossibl1

Postby MusixFinest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 pm

TIME wrote:

Yeah, what he said.
MusixFinest

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:15 pm

Well, I was going to go for Adrian Dantley originally, but I had a good backup plan in case he wasn't available, and actually, from a personal standpoint, I even like this backup plan even more.

I'm going with one of the most entertaining players that have ever step on a basketball court. I'm going with a guy who was born to play basketball... and died playing.

He was a highlights machine, an incredible scorer who could score from anywhere in any possible way. A master at creating his own shot like few others, combined with a good rebounding ability for his size and great court vision. At college level, he is arguably the best ever, and at NBA level, he's still one of the best.

I think you all (or at least most of you) know already I'm talking about Pete Maravich, who I'll be taking from the 1976-1977 season, when he was marveling the league with his game.

Finally, I love having Maravich in my team. He's one of my favorite players of all-time. I'm really, really glad he ended up with me.

Next pick in a few minutes.
Magic Skywalker

Postby MusixFinest on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:Well, I was going to go for Adrian Dantley originally, but I had a good backup plan in case he wasn't available, and actually, from a personal standpoint, I even like this backup plan even more.

I'm going with one of the most entertaining players that have ever step on a basketball court. I'm going with a guy who was born to play basketball... and died playing.

He was a highlights machine, an incredible scorer who could score from anywhere in any possible way. A master at creating his own shot like few others, combined with a good rebounding ability for his size and great court vision. At college level, he is arguably the best ever, and at NBA level, he's still one of the best.

I think you all (or at least most of you) know already I'm talking about Pete Maravich, who I'll be taking from the 1976-1977 season, when he was marveling the league with his game.

Finally, I love having Maravich in my team. He's one of my favorite players of all-time. I'm really, really glad he ended up with me.

Next pick in a few minutes.

Yup, it was one or the other with me, too.
MusixFinest

Postby TIME on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Pistol lasted too long. He was overdue for selection.
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby unpossibl1 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:19 pm

Good pick, I gave Marevich a long look with my last pick.
unpossibl1

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:26 pm

My second pick will be a little hall of famer who really impressed the league and is surely one of the best little men in NBA history, specifically, this guy astonished the NBA with an impressive season early in his career, managing to lead the league in both scoring AND assists, both avarages and totals.

The guy was great, and will be the perfect backup for Oscar, I'm talking about Mr. Nathaniel "Tiny" Archibald. And of course, I'm taking the 1972-1973 version of him, where he avaraged 34 points and 11.4 assists.

There is one guy I have in mind that a part of me wants to take, but just doesn't really fit in my team. I won't spoil his name in case someone has him in mind, but please, don't let him be forgotten, he's a beast!

Spoiler:
And he even played for the Lakers at one point in his career!
Magic Skywalker

Postby TIME on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:34 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:My second pick will be a little hall of famer who really impressed the league and is surely one of the best little men in NBA history, specifically, this guy astonished the NBA with an impressive season early in his career, managing to lead the league in both scoring AND assists, both avarages and totals.

The guy was great, and will be the perfect backup for Oscar, I'm talking about Mr. Nathaniel "Tiny" Archibald. And of course, I'm taking the 1972-1973 version of him, where he avaraged 34 points and 11.4 assists.

There is one guy I have in mind that a part of me wants to take, but just doesn't really fit in my team. I won't spoil his name in case someone has him in mind, but please, don't let him be forgotten, he's a beast!

Spoiler:
And he even played for the Lakers at one point in his career!

Welp, there goes my next pick.

That season Tiny was the only player in league history to lead the league in scoring and assists in the same season. Of course his usage rate was pretty high.
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:37 pm

unpossibl1 on the clock again.

Battle Tested on deck.
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby unpossibl1 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:57 pm

For my next pick I'm taking an athletic freak who I believe has become overlooked in today's NBA...ok that could describe a ton of players. This guy in particular though I could make a very strong argument for being the best dunker of all time...I mean, he jumped OVER a 7'1" center in a game! In 00/01 he stuffed the stat sheet with nearly 28 ppg, 5.5 boards, 3.9 assists, 1.5 steals and 1.1 blocks per game.

Now, here is the part people often forget about: in addition to his incredible athleticism, highlight dunks, and massive blocks he also hit 2.2 threes per game while shooting 41% from downtown.

I needed perimeter shooting without sacrificing the athleticism that my defense and offense thrive on and I believe that I've found the perfect fit: 1/2 man, 1/2 amazing 2000/2001 Vince Carter.

With Magic and Kidd running the floor distributing to finishers like Dr. J, Wade, Coward, and Vinsanity I think I'm going to lead this competition in holy s-word moments.

unpossibl1

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:01 pm

I personally do consider him the best dunker ever.

I'm not sure your team will win or not (after all, every team is great and has a chance, of course), but damn they'll be fun to watch!

Magic, Kidd, Vince and Dr.J... I'm buying season tickets.
Magic Skywalker

Postby TIME on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:12 pm

unpossibl1 wrote:For my next pick I'm taking an athletic freak who I believe has become overlooked in today's NBA...ok that could describe a ton of players. This guy in particular though I could make a very strong argument for being the best dunker of all time...I mean, he jumped OVER a 7'1" center in a game! In 00/01 he stuffed the stat sheet with nearly 28 ppg, 5.5 boards, 3.9 assists, 1.5 steals and 1.1 blocks per game.

Now, here is the part people often forget about: in addition to his incredible athleticism, highlight dunks, and massive blocks he also hit 2.2 threes per game while shooting 41% from downtown.

I needed perimeter shooting without sacrificing the athleticism that my defense and offense thrive on and I believe that I've found the perfect fit: 1/2 man, 1/2 amazing 2000/2001 Vince Carter.

With Magic and Kidd running the floor distributing to finishers like Dr. J, Wade, Coward, and Vinsanity I think I'm going to lead this competition in holy s-word moments.

Welp there goes another pick for me. Good choice.
TIME
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion