Durant admits he doesnt take heaves at buzzer to protect FG%

Durant admits he doesnt take heaves at buzzer to protect FG%

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:18 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kevin-durant-sometimes-doesn-t-want-chuck-low-220357263--nba.html

Per Daily Thunder: “We talked about it, about seven weeks ago maybe, couple months ago, and we talked about it,’ Brooks said. ‘I said ‘We have to shoot that shot. There’s still time in the game — shoot it.’ The only time we don’t shoot it is if we’re up and it’s the last seconds because you don’t want to do that. We had that talk and somebody on our team did not take it that same night, and then we all got on him,’ he said. ‘The next night, somebody made that shot.’ [...]

Kevin Durant: ‘It depends on what I’m shooting from the field. First quarter if I’m 4-for-4, I let it go. Third quarter if I’m like 10-for-16, or 10-for-17, I might let it go. But if I’m like 8-for-19, I’m going to go ahead and dribble one more second and let that buzzer go off and then throw it up there. So it depends on how the game’s going.’

Russell Westbrook: ‘No. Nope … If I was considering about [statistics] I’d do a lot of feces different.’”

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Re: Durant admits he doesnt take heaves at buzzer to protect FG%

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Feces??

Anyway, I admit I'm a big time Kobe apologist, but I was thinking the other day about how LeBron has for most of his career passed the ball at the end of shotclocks/game clocks instead of taking a percentage-buster. Kobe always gets the percentage-buster, as his team wants him to bail them out. I bet that contributes greatly to the difference in their FG%.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:57 pm

Of course it does.

I love that one like response from Westbrook.

Oh no, Russell we all know you don't give a flying feces about shot attempts.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:59 pm

just like Lebron.
D.B. Cooper

Postby Finwë on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:35 pm

We all knew that was the case with him (and many other stats-in-mind-at-all-times players), though it is surprising that he admits it.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:56 pm

It isn't suprising these guys want their numbers to be pretty. Sad part is that in today's NBA its OK to be unaggressive to keep that pretty fieldgoal %. It is easier to do because guys like KD and Bron have other guys who are eager to shoot that ball. Hell Westprick might steal the ball from KD to shoot it.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:37 am

KD has been playing like an angry young man lately. Whats up with him?
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:50 am

^He isnt getting the respect he deserves. That and Westprick is rubbing off on him.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Return to NBA Discussion