Durant vs. Lil B

Durant vs. Lil B

Postby JSM on Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:30 am

Got to love you some twitter beef...

Dan Malone of Sheridan Hoops wrote: rapper Lil B released a music video for his song “Warm Ups” off his new mixtape, Based Jam. At the end of the video, Lil B calls out Kevin Durant, saying he’s “ready for their game”. Durant responded by saying Lil B would have to come to Oklahoma City to play against him, and, hilariously, Lil B appears to be taking him up on the offer.

Pierce Watson of VladTVhas an excellent recap of this bizarre situation: “Lil B has been trying to play Kevin Durant one-on-one ever since Durant called him a wack rapper on Twitter back in May. Following the release of Lil B’s “Warm Ups” video, which calls out Durant, the Thunder star decided to respond. Durant got on Twitter and basically asked Lil B to leave him alone. One tweet simply read, “@LILBTHEBASEDGOD Yo shut up”. His next tweet read, “Yo leave me alone lol, if you wanna play me you gotta come to OKC I’m not coming to Oakland.” Hilariously, Lil B tweeted back at Durant about 20 minutes later and had no intentions of backing down saying, “So book a ticket to OKC for this Monday? @KDTrey5 I WILL BE THERE FLIGHT IN THE MORNING, AND PREP.” If this one-on-one game actually happens, it will certainly be David vs. Goliath. Kevin Durant is 6′ 9”. Lil B is 5′ 6”.”
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Durant vs. Lil B

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:00 pm

KD hasn't learned from Kobe at all.... KD should of said simply, "LilB? I got bigger Fish to fry" and kept it movin.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Never heard of or seen Lil B, but Durant will destroy him, he'd destroy most everyone in the world 1 on 1.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby purp n gold on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:18 pm

I actually would love to see KD go through with this. Seeing him put on the sneakers and dunk on this guy for 21 pts will be awesome...
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Phil XI on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:43 pm

This can only end badly for Durant. Stay above it all.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Return to NBA Discussion