Dwight Coward Discussion

Re: Dwight Coward Discussion

Postby blinkme28 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:51 am

When does the season schedule come out? We should cheer the guy when he gets introduced at Staples, all athletes know the ultimate respect is getting booed.
blinkme28

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:17 am

^^^ :disagree: Absolute silence would be best but that is absolutely impossible. Go with the boos.... he's earned them with how he carried himself as a Laker and totally unjustified sense of entitlement to just be handed the keys to the franchise.
LTLakerFan

Postby The Rock on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:55 am

http://www.freshhoops.com/2013/07/14/dwight-howard-says-its-a-good-feeling-to-be-loved-in-houston/
“It’s a great feeling,” Howard said. “All the stuff I’ve been through and the way people have tried to have me perceived, it’s a good feeling to be loved. It’s a good feeling to be wanted. After all these years, people still genuinely care. It means a lot.

“It’s a new beginning. A new age; that’s our team motto. But it’s really a new beginning for me. Coming here, having my family at the press conference. This didn’t happen when I first got in the NBA. It’s a great feeling. And then, having the fans and everybody show up, all the people who showed up today, it’s really, really big for me. I haven’t eaten all day, but I’m full. And I say I’m full it’s because people here just filled my heart with joy.”
-

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:32 pm

I honestly feel like half the reason Dwight went to Houston is love, to feel "loved". I don't know if I find that more strange or sad. I can't say I remember a player that cares more about what people think of him, and the team he's on worshiping him and kissing his backside. Goes back to how ridiculous looking trotting out all those old Houston players is to me, Rockets aren't winning a title with Dwight and this is gonna look even more silly years and years from now, it'll be laughed at in articles in the future.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Read a blurb from the press conference yesterday where he said that he and CP have already discussed being in music videos together and he has nicknames for some of his new teammates. That's sad that's where his priorities are -- just having fun. I don't think he felt like he could do that here. Ron was a HUGE goof but he was a killer when the ball was in play and he still had fun on the court...kissing his bicep, interacting with the fans, etc. I don't think Dwight thinks he can have one without the other and with the vets (especially Kobe) he couldn't be himself and walk on egg shells.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:39 pm

JSM

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:47 pm

I can't even watch Dwight interviews anymore, he spouts the same crap he did here, comes off as so phony to me. Also comes across like he doesn't know what he's talking about a lot to me, I don't believe he truly knows what it takes to win even after that one season of getting to the finals.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:04 pm

I hope he doesn't really believe all the crap that comes out of his own mouth. If he does, he's suffering from severe denial, or even psychosis.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby 432J on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:04 pm

JSM wrote:Read a blurb from the press conference yesterday where he said that he and CP have already discussed being in music videos together and he has nicknames for some of his new teammates. That's sad that's where his priorities are -- just having fun. I don't think he felt like he could do that here. Ron was a HUGE goof but he was a killer when the ball was in play and he still had fun on the court...kissing his bicep, interacting with the fans, etc. I don't think Dwight thinks he can have one without the other and with the vets (especially Kobe) he couldn't be himself and walk on egg shells.

it's just downright sad

but it makes me happy knowing that he's gone. houston is the perfect place for him to have fun, laugh, joke around, do stupid pre-game rituals with his teammates, come up with little nicknames, etc. it's like he just went from college all the way back down to kindergarten
432J

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:13 pm

@ArashMarkazi: Dudley on Dwight: "I would never leave the Lakers. Top free agents want to go there. They have too much history, too many championships."

Still waiting for tweets about Houston's advantages from NBA players.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby odom1year on Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:55 pm

Actually I think D12 was really upset playing in Lakers last season. What make you earning $30 million less and not playing for the best franchise of the league in Hollywood ?
odom1year

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:21 pm

odom1year wrote:Actually I think D12 was really upset playing in Lakers last season. What make you earning $30 million less and not playing for the best franchise of the league in Hollywood ?

It has been said 1000 times already man. D12 didn't want the pressure of being a part of the Lakers history. Only a few, thankfully, fans believed that Dwight should be passed the torch of this franchise. He is a sensitive clown who went to Houston because he can play "free" there. Harden won't pass the torch either. It really isn't complicated D12 doesn't have the heart.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:24 am

I stopped the interview at " I've never been a cry baby " :man10: :man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby SpencerHarrison on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:02 am

Another benefit: No more posters on this forum sporting D12 sigs and avatars. God it was obnoxious...

So glad LA is unburdened from this clown going forward. He helped his case a little toward the end, but his true colors have shown.
SpencerHarrison

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:32 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:I stopped the interview at " I've never been a cry baby " :man10: :man10:

I didnt watch, but Id imagine its the same old Clown.

"Happy and so excited to be here...........That wasnt my fault.........Happy for a fresh start finally..........Im so misunderstood and it isn't fair.......The media is telling lies on me.......Im focused on winning a championship.......Which reminds me, are any of you camera guys available to help me and Chandler P shoot music videos this season?"
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:00 am

Doc Brown wrote:
@ArashMarkazi: Dudley on Dwight: "I would never leave the Lakers. Top free agents want to go there. They have too much history, too many championships."

Still waiting for tweets about Houston's advantages from NBA players.

Good point. I don't remember a lot of players besides those on the Rockets saying "Houston just makes sense".

Um, wut?

But I suppose the media was right in a way: Houston fits Dwight. Less pressure, less scrutiny, less chance of being the great player he supposedly wanted to be.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Nashty Gal on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:03 pm

lol dwight so doesn't wanna win :man10:
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby JSM on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:14 pm

Matt Moore CBS ‏@MattMooreCBS 19s
Hakeem Olajuwon is set to join the Rockets as an assistant coach http://cbsprt.co/1dBhd6Y Guess who he'll be working with?
JSM

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:40 pm

^^^ This is only thing that scares me about him maybe finally dominating, because I just don't want to see it after the crap he pulled as a Laker.... is what if he really does get serious and starts working constantly with Hakeem. This year. Next year. Does he have it in him to get serious like that? After this many years in does he have the ability to develop better "touch" on his shots once he gets them off?
LTLakerFan

Postby 432J on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:17 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:^^^ This is only thing that scares me about him maybe finally dominating, because I just don't want to see it after the crap he pulled as a Laker.... is what if he really does get serious and starts working constantly with Hakeem. This year. Next year. Does he have it in him to get serious like that? After this many years in does he have the ability to develop better "touch" on his shots once he gets them off?

hakeem did it all with hard work and an amazing work ethic. dwight is no hakeem olajuwon

he'll probably try and get dwight to follow a similar pattern but i doubt dwight would have fun doing it so i don't see him working with hakeem really paying off in the end
432J

Postby Weezy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 pm

I don't know that at this point that Dwight can suddenly learn 'touch' and get a feel for offense. He's been pretty bad at it his entire career other than dunks, layups and short hooks. Some players have amazing touch coming in because they worked on it their whole life, some can get better at it with time, but Dwight is 27, I'm not sure you can all of a sudden feel the ball different coming off your hands and learn to shoot better that far into your career. Hakeem can teach him some moves, no question, footwork, fakes, stuff like that, but I have to see that for myself as well, it would be the first time he's added to or advanced his game in a while, depends on his motivation from inside IMO.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby charvin on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 am

I'm with you on the 'touch' point. I don't feel that within an off-season, that you can miraculously and completely alter the strength and release of your shots. These tendencies have become muscle memory and is nearly impossible to break now that you're in the prime of your career.

Dwight's worked with Hakeem what now, once or twice? He wasn't able to incorporate much previously, but we may seem a difference with Hakeem working full-time during the season rather than just an off-season.

Weezy wrote:I don't know that at this point that Dwight can suddenly learn 'touch' and get a feel for offense. He's been pretty bad at it his entire career other than dunks, layups and short hooks. Some players have amazing touch coming in because they worked on it their whole life, some can get better at it with time, but Dwight is 27, I'm not sure you can all of a sudden feel the ball different coming off your hands and learn to shoot better that far into your career. Hakeem can teach him some moves, no question, footwork, fakes, stuff like that, but I have to see that for myself as well, it would be the first time he's added to or advanced his game in a while, depends on his motivation from inside IMO.
charvin

Postby kenzo on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:08 am

Ewing in Orlando tought him nada. I can see Dream choking Howard 3 months into the season :man9:
kenzo

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:28 am

Working with Hakeem isn't going to make Dwight become the Dream or a superior post up player ... it doesn't work that way ... D12 hasn't the innate talent nor the fundamentals of a good post player...

Tell me which bad to average post up player become a good one after these "sessions" with the Dream.

Only player who improved is Lebron but he still looks very awkward and uncomfortable out there ...

About the touch around the rim , how can you have a good touch when you shoot the ball with your palm and not your fingertips ? that's a basic fundamental right here
wcsoldier81

Postby noobiew on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:08 am

Rocketman :scurred: :scurred: :scurred:

:hurl:

Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion