Dwight Coward Discussion

Re: Dwight Coward Discussion

Postby Weezy on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:17 am

Oh man those fans are in for a wake up call unless Dwight really was injured all last season and is extremely motivated this season.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:33 am

Dwight is a drama queen. He is great. But as soon as he dislikes something, it throws him off his game.

Another thing he has in common with Shaq...the big sensitive.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:55 am

ESPN 710 was playing clips from his interview with Steven A Smith and I was SHOCKED to hear some of the things coming out of his mouth.

He said things like "I'm a winner. I'm a winner because I've been in the NBA 10 years and the average career is 3. Rings don't make me a winner. There's plenty of great players that don't have rings. Look at Barkley, etc."

What the hell are you talking about, Dwight? You're in the PRIME OF YOUR CAREER. Do you honestly think that Barkley, Malone, or any of the other guys that never got a ring really thought that way when they were 27 years old? Do you really think that in the primes of their careers they thought "eh, whatever it's not a big deal to not win". Or do you think they approached each season desperate to try to get a ring and only after they retired came to terms with the fact that they never won?

Not winning a Championship DOES make you a loser, Dwight. It makes you one of the very best losers in the world.

I'm so glad that we got away from this moron before he brought more of that attitude to the Lakers. No wonder we couldn't get our chemistry down right. No wonder we couldn't get all on the same train of thought.

Winning is all we care about in Los Angeles. It's an obsession. It's unhealthy. It's dangerous. The way we want to win is the same way we want to breathe, we need it. Dwight didn't need it. Dwight doesn't need it and he's never going to be more capable of winning than he is now.

Anyone who tells me that Houston has the ability to win it because Harden and Dwight are great, I'll point to this interview. I'll tell them that there's no way they win it unless all the best players in the world suddenly can't play. Because to win a Championship takes desire. It means you need talent and you need luck, but more importantly you need to want it more than the rest of the world. You need to want it more than the team you're looking at and Howard will never be that person.

Thank God he's gone. He'll never be a Champion.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:14 am

Tobias Funke wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:I stopped the interview at " I've never been a cry baby " :man10: :man10:

I didnt watch, but Id imagine its the same old Clown.

"Happy and so excited to be here...........That wasnt my fault.........Happy for a fresh start finally..........Im so misunderstood and it isn't fair.......The media is telling lies on me.......Im focused on winning a championship.......Which reminds me, are any of you camera guys available to help me and Chandler P shoot music videos this season?"

That's freaking amazing! Can you do stocks and horses? :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:19 am

kenzo wrote:Ewing in Orlando tought him nada. I can see Dream choking Howard 3 months into the season :man9:

:man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:23 am

KB24 wrote:Dwight is a drama queen. He is great. But as soon as he dislikes something, it throws him off his game.

Another thing he has in common with Shaq...the big sensitive.

"Gotta feed the big dog if you want him to guard the house". Boy did we see that in the games leading up to the locker room air it out meeting in Memphis.
LTLakerFan

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:47 am

noobiew wrote:Rocketman :scurred: :scurred: :scurred:

:hurl:

i can hear the collective groan from that crowd as Dwight clanks FT after FT during a crucial game
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby KB24 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:38 pm

anyone remember this classic...Orlando fans knew better than we did.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby charvin on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:01 pm

If you're not playing for rings, gtfo. It's only fitting that he's no longer a Laker, I wouldn't want anyone on the roster who's main priority is not to win a ring, but to have fun, first and foremost.
charvin

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Now sure how to upload a video on here but Howard got owned at the espys tonight lol love it

http://youtu.be/A09eSFBdUi8
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby GNC on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:22 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: the highlight video part was good
GNC

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Here we go
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:29 pm

The highlights rocked :bow:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby noobiew on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:36 pm

^^ Loving it, so classic. :man10:

Hereby is the longer version of the monologue, watched it, it's hilarious. :man10:

Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:45 am

BBALLBREAKDOWN ‏@bballSource 1h
Dwight finished at 70th %tile overall. He was 2nd to Jefferson in # of post ups at 606. #DeepStats
Expand

13 players posted up at least 375 times. Dwight ranked 13th. David West was #1 by a healthy margin.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

The big cry baby complained about not getting post touches and damn near led the league. He wasn't even a top 10 post player. Meanwhile among the tears, this guy.....

Kobe ranked 78th %tile overall. He Iso'd the most of any category (28.3% of time), was 84th %tile. He was best at post up: 94th %tile.
Expand

BBALLBREAKDOWN ‏@bballSource 8m
So say the stats RT @xcellence1906: @bballSource so the best post player in the league is a 35 year old guard (Kobe) ?
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite

.....Had to defer to the sub par player to make him happy.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:08 pm

I want this dick to fail to ever even sniff the finals again, let alone a championship..... badly. Fire the coach, amnesty Kobe and maybe I'll stay. What a pompous, clueless self image of his own game he has.
LTLakerFan

Postby Sirron on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Kobe was 84th %tile on iso's? Ouch.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Finwë on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:47 pm

I follow Bball breakdown but didn't really pay attention to this whole "deep stats" things he's been doing..
what does he mean when he's talking about x %tile?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:19 am

^^^^ 78%tile means Kobe points per possession ( or whatever the stat taken in consideration is here) is higher than 78% of the NBA players points per possession
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:18 am

These are all things we knew a while ago, but they'll keep coming up and I love it.

This guy is a loser through and through. He was never meant to lead LA. That's why we got Paul FIRST and then talked about Howard. Paul has a lot of faults, but his mentality of wanting to win is not one of them. The WAYS he tries to win might be, but no one can question that he WANTS to win more than most people in the league.

Howard couldn't care less about wins and losses.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:29 am

And Cuban was impressed :man10: :man3: when he asked and the The Big Diva said his main goal was "to be Epic". No 2 on list would be have fun I imagine.
LTLakerFan

Postby Finwë on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:52 pm

thanks wcsoldier, got it
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby nthydro on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 am

Yeah I was a bit bummed out when he left for Houston but I stopped caring once I found out he wanted Kobe amnesty. Is this fool out of his mind? Kobe was easily the best player on the team last year and arguably the greatest Laker of all time. This idiot actually had the audacity to demand we amnesty him? :man3:

It's funny how he pretended to care when he made that visit to Kobe's house after we lost in the playoffs, when he was secretly wanting Kobe gone.
nthydro

Postby kenzo on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:41 am

^ he did the same thing with/to SVG :freak2:
kenzo

Postby revgen on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:06 pm

HGH tests are working.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru