Dwight Coward Discussion

Re: Dwight Coward Discussion

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:15 pm

^Damn dude looks much smaller. Wonder what his weight is
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:47 pm

He had a great run in LA????
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:38 am

^ yea he ran the hell from LA with great energy.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby revgen on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:28 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^Damn dude looks much smaller. Wonder what his weight is

I'd say probably 240 to 250lbs.

Either the new HGH testing has forced him to stop injecting or the bad back is forcing him to retire from his usual weightlifting regimen. Either way, he's not the same physical specimen we saw in Orlando before the back injury.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby XXIV on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:29 am

HGH tests got approved?

But yeah he definitely looks smaller, smaller than last season even. Have fun with that Houston.
XXIV

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:30 am

That's funny, I saw a photograph a few days ago of Hakeem working with Dwight in one of those tight black compression shirts and his shoulders looked huge, like he had been lifting up a storm again, and I thought oh crap! Looked bigger than last year when he couldn't lift like he wanted to over the summer and then after his labia was torn. :man12: It was an article with Olajuwon saying the Rockets could contend for a ring this year. I just searched a bit and could not find it, but now wonder if it was an old photo of when he worked with him.

Looks like one good yank from a guy behind him he doesn't see could injure it again. I thought that was his path to keep it from being hurt again..... getting super strong all around it since he never had the surgery. Glad to see he's not like that. :man9:
LTLakerFan

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:11 pm

revgen wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:^Damn dude looks much smaller. Wonder what his weight is

I'd say probably 240 to 250lbs.

Either the new HGH testing has forced him to stop injecting or the bad back is forcing him to retire from his usual weightlifting regimen. Either way, he's not the same physical specimen we saw in Orlando before the back injury.

Yep, Superman is looking a lot more like Clark Kent right now. He's waaaaay smaller than he was in Orlando, that's for sure, and smaller than he was even last year.

Well, someone else's issues now not ours.
Lakerjones

Postby The Rock on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:24 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/rockets/2013/09/29/houston-rockets-dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers/2891521/
Even with all the mystique that came with the Lakers and their 16 titles, Howard went with the franchise that fit him now.

"Other teams have more history, but yesterday's scores don't win today's games," he said. "You've got to look at the now. What's in the now? What can we do now? Nobody cared about what I did eight years ago, they want to know what I can do now, and it's the perfect team for me."

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Juronimo on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:34 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:That's funny, I saw a photograph a few days ago of Hakeem working with Dwight in one of those tight black compression shirts and his shoulders looked huge, like he had been lifting up a storm again, and I thought oh crap! Looked bigger than last year when he couldn't lift like he wanted to over the summer and then after his labia was torn. :man12: It was an article with Olajuwon saying the Rockets could contend for a ring this year. I just searched a bit and could not find it, but now wonder if it was an old photo of when he worked with him.

Looks like one good yank from a guy behind him he doesn't see could injure it again. I thought that was his path to keep it from being hurt again..... getting super strong all around it since he never had the surgery. Glad to see he's not like that. :man9:

Dwight worked out with Dream in 2011 I believe.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:19 pm

Did big "I wanna have fun" actually get kicked out of his first game?
puffyusaf#2

Postby Juronimo on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:14 pm

No. He got a T but that was it.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Coward looks very skinny for his standards :man3:
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:43 am

He looked pretty good, quicker and I'd say more in basketball shape than last season. I'm sure he'll have a lot of fun this season in Houston. They won't win jack, but he'll have fun and that's what matters most because he's already a winner to himself.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:07 pm

I can't wait to beat his stupid *** into the ground.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:47 pm

It's typical Dwight from that highlights video above. 90% of the time he scored he was either spoon fed for a dunk/layup or it was a garbage point. He's got no offensive skills and can't score on his own.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:52 am

http://instagram.com/p/fSQtrixh_I/

Is Dwight trying to play SF now? :man3:

He looks 6'7 and he looks more like Quailman than Superman.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:21 am

I don't know if he stopped using HGH, but he's smaller than he was even here. I think he's probably going for a different look/feel. Maybe the doctors told him no more power lifting to protect his back? Who knows.

Either way, his upper body looks woefully small. They probably told him he needs to be able to run more so he can play 4 next to Asik. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:05 pm

therealdeal wrote:I don't know if he stopped using HGH, but he's smaller than he was even here. I think he's probably going for a different look/feel. Maybe the doctors told him no more power lifting to protect his back? Who knows.

Either way, his upper body looks woefully small. They probably told him he needs to be able to run more so he can play 4 next to Asik. :man10:

he has now fully become Ben Wallace...

i read in an article that he was getting booed in the Philippines when they played the Pacers and that the crowd was chanting 'Kobe Kobe' lol
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:27 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I don't know if he stopped using HGH, but he's smaller than he was even here. I think he's probably going for a different look/feel. Maybe the doctors told him no more power lifting to protect his back? Who knows.

he has now fully become Ben Wallace...

i read in an article that he was getting booed in the Philippines when they played the Pacers and that the crowd was chanting 'Kobe Kobe' lol

Really? I'm so shocked. Doesn't everyone know that Yao is the key to the Asian market. :man10:

Kobe is a basketball god in China and the Philippines. They love him over there.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:49 pm

Howard probably thought it was Lin and him going to blow up over there. I didn't watch that clip yet but will take Ras' word for it that he still has no skills to create his own shots. There was something on Yahoo several days ago with him up on some stage singing (I think) I Believe I Can Fly. That was surely more fun than working with Dream on his repertoire in the post where he wants the ball.
LTLakerFan

Postby hitman20 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:57 am

Change is the only thing permanent in this world.
hitman20

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:43 am

Watched the 1st three quarters against the Pacers ... same old D12 , poor touch around the rim and his face up bankshot is still a fail .

He looks slightly faster but the athletic freak he was in Orlando is long gone ... damaged good .

The rest of Houston roster is going to take advantage of the opponent defense focus on D12 though ...
wcsoldier81

Postby abeer3 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:17 am

yeah, houston's going to score a ton of points this year. i bet they finish top 3 in the west. i still wonder if they can win in the playoffs with that roster, though. then again, a harden parade to the ft line can cure all ills (see wade, 2006).
abeer3

Postby charvin on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:48 am

Poor schmuck still can't stay out of foul trouble. Good news if the refs continue to call him on fouls and not give him special treatment now that he's not a part of the Lakers.
charvin

Postby abeer3 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:48 pm

i'm more interested in seeing if the refs continue to swallow their whistles on the strip attempts that yielded so many fast break points for the opposition last year. the conspiracy theorist in me says the league decides he's been punished enough for crapping on orlando as the new cba was trying to promote the small market contender idea. this would annoy me greatly, as the lakers could have been much better last year if he didn't turn the ball over at what i considered to be an alarming rate (and many of those plays, imo, could have been called fouls).
abeer3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion