Dwight Coward Discussion

Re: Dwight Coward Discussion

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:35 am

Doc Brown wrote:He's a less athletic Orlando Dwight. He hasn't improved on anything that he was weak at and he hasn't perfected anything that he was good at.

He's just Dwight, with the only difference he can't jump as high or bully people around the rim anymore.

Got it, thanks. And good, glad to hear it. Not willing to work hard enough on all those areas. Ever. Apparently.
LTLakerFan

Postby scissors on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Howard doesn't care about the All Star Games. He has one thing on his mind and that is winning championships. That's why he went to Houston. To win championships. LULZ.
scissors

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:28 pm

and to have fun.. Don't forget FUN
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby scissors on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Yes. Forgot about fun. LOL.
scissors

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Speaking of fun....Clown comes to Staples Wed night and fans can boo the crap out of him to their hearts' content. It's win win no matter what happens. The "Riggin' for Wiggins" train likely keeps rolling, but if it jumps off track this game well..... hell yeah, that would be twice this season against the Rockets. :man10:

Actually L.A. fans do have something to legitimately, fondly remember him for from last season. The firing of T.J. Simers from the Times after he did his little video piece with" the daughter" vs Clown in the FT shooting contest. Independently from the Times. The paper got its nose bent about it for some reason and "SEE YA". :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: One can only hope with Plaschke a similar fate. :man9:
LTLakerFan

Postby 432J on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:26 pm

i wish the fans wouldn't boo dwight at all

it would just totally get into his immature head and show what most of us truly think of him
432J

Postby kenzo on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:01 am

432J wrote:i wish the fans wouldn't boo dwight at all

it would just totally get into his immature head and show what most of us truly think of him

Yep. I think that absolute silence would just crush him.
kenzo

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:58 pm

While I get the logic and sentiment for silence to get into Clown's head and hurt his ego, actually that would be to his advantage the rest of the night & during free throws. It would only be (maybe) embarrassing when his name is announced. And really it is huge :pipe: to think it could happen. He will get the crap booed out of him for at least awhile and "D cells" :man1: tossed at him during free throws. :man12:
LTLakerFan

Postby scissors on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:06 am

I was at the game. Every time Howard touched the ball the boos were loud. Also Howard Sucks chants were going on through out the night. Looked like he was enjoying it because they were killing us.

I gotta give props to the fans in the nose bleed section. Almost everyone stayed til the game was over even though it was a blow out going in to fourth. Can't say the same for the people in the lower seats. It was more than half empty after 3rd quarter.
scissors

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Howard and his teammates were chanting along with "Howard suck" during the game, and on the team plane after. Howard is a child, and giving into the crowd this way shows that he still cares way too much what crowds think, and IMO that he doesn't have that "I don't give a f***" attitude it takes to win big.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Weezy wrote:Howard and his teammates were chanting along with "Howard suck" during the game, and on the team plane after. Howard is a child, and giving into the crowd this way shows that he still cares way too much what crowds think, and IMO that he doesn't have that "I don't give a f***" attitude it takes to win big.

Agree. I can't think of another athlete that craved being liked as much as him. It's fine when things are going your way, but when you lose (Finals) or piss off a fanbase (Orlando and LA), he can't handle it and reacts in the most bizarre ways. Can you imagine him going thru what Kobe did after Colorado?
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:58 pm

don't worry about dwight, let him have all the fun he wants because the rockets aren't winning anything anytime soon and he'll be turning his back on that team just like he did the magic and the lakers sooner or later
432J

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Howard is now and will always be a joke to me. If he ever wins anything I would be shocked beyond belief
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:12 pm

John3:16 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Howard and his teammates were chanting along with "Howard suck" during the game, and on the team plane after. Howard is a child, and giving into the crowd this way shows that he still cares way too much what crowds think, and IMO that he doesn't have that "I don't give a f***" attitude it takes to win big.

Agree. I can't think of another athlete that craved being liked as much as him. It's fine when things are going your way, but when you lose (Finals) or piss off a fanbase (Orlando and LA), he can't handle it and reacts in the most bizarre ways. Can you imagine him going thru what Kobe did after Colorado?

Kobe is on a level very few have ever been on in that regard. Back to Howard though, that he chanted along with the fans last night shows, to me at least, that it actually did bother him. Most pro athletes will ignore that and not give it a thought, that Howard played along like a child showed to me it got to him, so he played along with it like the insecure dude he is.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:25 pm

Lets be fair no star player is immune from the fans taunting. MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bird etc have all reacted to heckling and boos. Russel Westbrook famously does his Trex face scowl, pistols in the holster, "silience" thing to the opposing fans. Kobe has done the "hush" move or winked at the fans on the sidelines. Howard isn't those guys he is a child who is a front runner. He only started showing off when Hou was 20 points ahead. Had LA been competetive he wouldn't have said nothing cause we know he is a choke artist on the biggest level. His act shows just how much he is effected by fans. Funny enough if fans really wanted to go at him all they had to do was call him "Houston's 2nd Fiddle" or "Harden's Robin" those would of really gotten under the Divas skin.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:33 pm

You're right, stars react to heckling, but they do it with the thing you mentioned. The "hush" finger, mean faces, shouting angry expletives to the whole arena, stuff like that. Howard jokes and laughs, which again shows me his insecurity and true personality, no killer instinct whatsoever.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:57 pm

just imagine kobe mimicking the fans taunting him like howard did
:man10:
432J

Postby 432J on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:59 pm

432J

Postby gcclaker on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:07 pm

Great players react differently to hostility. There are the defiantly arrogant like Bird, Jordan and Bryant. Some just perform with cold blooded efficiency like Abdul-Jabbar or Duncan. Then you have those who smile while destroying opponents like Magic Johnson or Isiah Thomas. Howard is NONE of the those.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:46 pm

gcclaker wrote:Great players react differently to hostility. There are the defiantly arrogant like Bird, Jordan and Bryant. Some just perform with cold blooded efficiency like Abdul-Jabbar or Duncan. Then you have those who smile while destroying opponents like Magic Johnson or Isiah Thomas. Howard is NONE of the those.

Yep.
And despite how pathetic all of that is, he's just not that great of a player. He's huge and athletic, and capable of good performances, but he shouldn't be in the same breath or even paragraphs as the players you mentioned.

The guy gets to the arena and takes a bunch of 3s before games. He's immature, and he's not good enough right now to ever be great without tremendous work on his game.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:30 pm

Dwight 2/11 tonight so far tonight, 7 points, too bad he can't play the Lakers every night.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:49 pm

Mr.Fun got held down by J O'neal... yes 483 year old J O'neal. Crybaby did have 20+ boards but made 4 shots (the first 3 were lobs and the last one was a easy layin off a miss)
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:45 am

Howard's offensive game remains a joke, I have no idea how he averages 19 PPG, I guess there's just not many big men to defend him these days. In any other era where there were still great bigs and defense was still allowed to be physical he would have been exposed for his lack of fundamentals even worse though. He'd be like the Mutombo, not the Olajuwon or Shaq, really good, still an All-Star and DPOY, but not a "superstar".
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:17 am

JO is actually a really solid post defender. He might be old, but like Chuck Hayes, they just know how to make things as difficult for a player as possible in the post.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:20 am

JO didn't even have to do anything special. He just stayed to the middle of Dwight and forced him to take that horrible hook shot. It was what Sacre did a couple times to him. Kaman played him to one side so Dwight could spin off of him which plays to his limited advantage. Simply stand him up and he has nothing but a week hook or sweeping hook. Dwight wouldn't have even had the shots he had if it werent for him being allowed to shove his defender which is something he did not get away with as a Laker.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion