Dwight Coward Discussion

Re: Dwight Coward Discussion

Postby Magic Skywalker on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:51 am

Although by not doing nothing, Kobe made that situation with Chris Rock go viral through the internet and receive a lot of attention. :man10:

Seriously, it's just awesome.

@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:40 am

There's still guys who are like Kobe, they're just very rare these days.

I think Rondo is a lot like Kobe (which incidentally is why Dwight didn't want him this last year). He's a warrior, a fighter, a gamer. I respect the hell out of this guy.

Kawhi is a warrior. Westbrook is an idiot, but a warrior too.

After listening to interviews and researching a bit, I think Smart and Randle might be more like Kobe than the other kids.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Dwight's decision to become more focused and series is hilarious. Stop bumping your gums, you ain't fooling a soul.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby trodgers on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:17 pm

My favorite taunt of Dwight of all time is from KG, because it's true:

During games, players used to hear Kevin Garnett screaming at Howard: “Paint your face, clown!” up and down the floor.

blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby gcclaker on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:34 pm

trodgers wrote:My favorite taunt of Dwight of all time is from KG, because it's true:

During games, players used to hear Kevin Garnett screaming at Howard: “Paint your face, clown!” up and down the floor.

During that series, Garnett also elbowed Howard to take him off his game. It befuddled the latter who did not know how to react. Any other would have retaliated in some form.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:59 pm

i've hated KG since he joined the celtics but that chirp is just downright hilarious
:man10: :man10: :man10:
432J

Postby John3:16 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Dwight has all the talent in the world. But he's not willing to work at it. He wants to hit weights for 10 hours a day, but doesn't wanna practice footwork in the empty gym. he wants it the easy way. The guy has not improved his offensive game since entering the league. He has no go-to move. And while he's at it, wants to be the #1 option, loved by fans, and paid the most. What a world he lives in.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby southbaylakers72 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:42 am

Lets be honest. Dwight is a Power Forward who plays center but who has not developed post moves which are deadly. Going to HOU to work with Akeem and McHale was a smart move on his part. As much as I hate to admit it, he was not going to grow as a player in LA with Kobe around because he is so sensitive to criticism. Dwight had a back injury which limited his time in the gym, his ability to work on his game and he (like Bynum) played through pain and perhaps pushed it when he shouldnt have to please Kobe, the fans, and prove to himself (and be able to say: Im tough and have some type of stat sheet as evidence). He was part of not one but two plans which failed: CP3 and Howard with Kobe, nixed by Stern, and Nash, Kobe and Howard nixed by freak accident. Sorry but as much as I want to see him lose, and be abused by the lakers I cant hate on him for leaving.
Make each day a masterpiece.
southbaylakers72

Postby abeer3 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:23 am

i can. he's a wuss for leaving, pure and simple. everyone said it was smart because Houston had a better roster, but here they are, exiting in the first round and attempting to gut the whole thing again. he could have stayed in la and had the exact same thing happen. he just couldn't handle the scrutiny. wuss.
abeer3

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:49 am

abeer3 wrote:i can. he's a wuss for leaving, pure and simple. everyone said it was smart because Houston had a better roster, but here they are, exiting in the first round and attempting to gut the whole thing again. he could have stayed in la and had the exact same thing happen. he just couldn't handle the scrutiny. wuss.

This. If he had made it through last season we're talking about Howard/Kobe with some cap space coming up. He's a wuss. He couldn't figure it out. He's a wuss.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Yes I got to agree with Abeer and Real the guy basically admitted he couldn't handle the bright lights. He left for a smaller market with lower expectations to play with a ball dom SG. He wanted to be the "man" without earning his stripes to do so and couldn't stand being in the shadow of one the Lakers greatest players in Kobe. He fled and wind up playing in the shadow of one of ESPN's greatest elbowbeard. In essence his balls shrunk from the lights that equals wuss.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby laakers on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:31 pm

John3:16 wrote:Dwight has all the talent in the world. But he's not willing to work at it. He wants to hit weights for 10 hours a day, but doesn't wanna practice footwork in the empty gym. he wants it the easy way. The guy has not improved his offensive game since entering the league. He has no go-to move. And while he's at it, wants to be the #1 option, loved by fans, and paid the most. What a world he lives in.

Interesting how you say that... From my experience/basketball days, lifting weights was the hard part :man10:

The two GIFs in this thread are hilarious. There's no reason Dwight can't turn it around, but at the same time, there's no reason he can. He can talk all he wants, but his play will be what proves anything. I'm waiting until he's the clear-cut best center in the league again, which is up to him.
laakers

Postby John3:16 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:42 pm

laakers wrote:
John3:16 wrote:Dwight has all the talent in the world. But he's not willing to work at it. He wants to hit weights for 10 hours a day, but doesn't wanna practice footwork in the empty gym. he wants it the easy way. The guy has not improved his offensive game since entering the league. He has no go-to move. And while he's at it, wants to be the #1 option, loved by fans, and paid the most. What a world he lives in.

Interesting how you say that... From my experience/basketball days, lifting weights was the hard part :man10:

Lifting weights is hard work. His body is proof that he's in there working at it (diet too). But he's not in the basketball gym working. His offensive game is proof of that. Push comes to shove, 4th quarter, down 1, ball is in his hands: What's his go-to shot? Does he have one? All those highly paid coaches can't teach him one move? They only have 2 - 4 hours per day with the guy. They teach it. His job to perfect it. I don't think he has. Defensively, he's awesome. Physically he's a work of art. Offensively, he's limited. Severely.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:40 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Yes I got to agree with Abeer and Real the guy basically admitted he couldn't handle the bright lights. He left for a smaller market with lower expectations to play with a ball dom SG. He wanted to be the "man" without earning his stripes to do so and couldn't stand being in the shadow of one the Lakers greatest players in Kobe. He fled and wind up playing in the shadow of one of ESPN's greatest elbowbeard. In essence his balls shrunk from the lights that equals wuss.

Where the hell BTW is "what's his name" (**** one year) with all his team first Lakers passion. Soooooo much wanted Kobe to understand it was Dwight's team now and give him the "torch"

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Not one peep this off season in a pretty important off season. No commentary. Guess we will have to wait for Kobe's first bad game this coming season to be worth his while to check in again. :man12:
LTLakerFan

Postby southbaylakers72 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Seriously? Lakers are a grease fire last year and would have been with d12. Why are we letting jimbo off hook for dantoni hire ?
southbaylakers72

Postby southbaylakers72 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:20 pm

8 almost walked to bulls and clippers in 2007. Would not have blamed him for being put on island with guys like smush and teenager named drew with Rudy t and Kurt Rambis coaching experience
southbaylakers72

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:45 pm

southbaylakers72 wrote:Seriously? Lakers are a grease fire last year and would have been with d12. Why are we letting jimbo off hook for dantoni hire ?

You're kidding right? Did you just jump in and sign up a few days ago with no prior lurking? :what:
LTLakerFan

Postby southbaylakers72 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:51 pm

Not kidding. Whining about d12 is not very becoming of a laker fan. Whining about shortbuss and dantoni? On point
southbaylakers72

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:52 pm

:man3:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby southbaylakers72 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Dwight coward discussion? Since when does a player owe fans anything?
southbaylakers72

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:56 pm

southbaylakers72 wrote:Dwight coward discussion? Since when does a player owe fans anything?

Dwight Coward discussion? Since when does that involve Jimmy Buss and MDA?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby southbaylakers72 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:59 pm

D12 was in this for himself from beginning and was honest about it. Felt lakers were going to suck and they did. The fact that HOU has not win with him makes me very happy but does not make him a coward. He just has no game. We almost pulled off a steal iN getting him and cp3. Howard would have been a great complimeNtary player. Go watch 2009 finals again. D12 was not a dominant player and never cut out to be a no 1 on any team. He felt it was a better fit in HOU and put him closer to winning now as opposed to 2 years from now and so he left. He wants to play with melo and maybe he will. Lakers build dynasties not 1 hit wonders. D12 is not and was not cut out to be the cornerstone if the franchise.
southbaylakers72

Postby Weezy on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:03 pm

This is a Laker fan discussion forum, we can talk however we want about whatever player we want. If you don't like it that's your right, but it's easily ignored, don't get on your high horse about it or come in here preaching to anyone about how we should be acting. Please. :man11:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby southbaylakers72 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Noted. I suppose we can't ignore the things that led to d12 leaving IMHO if we are talking about the feelings we have about d12 leaving. My opinion is he is not a coward for taking millions to play for a team that actually had a chance to win. D12 with antoni (no d) would not lead to anything 2013 2014 and beyond. D12 did us a favor. I'm not on a horse.
southbaylakers72

Postby abeer3 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:44 pm

yeah...my point is that howard thought he'd win now in Houston (as did most fans and media). he didn't. had he stayed in la, he'd be in a similar boat, winning wise--exactly what I said prior to his FA. so, if he's not a coward, then I guess he's just a moron? either way...
abeer3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion