Dwight Howard's HEIGHT?

Dwight Howard's HEIGHT?

Postby Alleyhoops on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:39 pm

Anyone notice this tonight? It was pretty glaring.

I know that Howard is listed at 6-11, but when he was standing next to Pau all night during dead-balls, eye-to-eye, Gasol is EASILY a good 4 inches taller.

They said during the game that Gasol is actually 7-1, (but he doesn't want to be listed that tall, same as KG) so that would put Dwight at about 6-9 which looks about right. When Dwight and Ronny stand next to one another, they look like the same height.

It's amazing how far player's actual heights differ from what they're listed at.
Alleyhoops

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:41 pm

I didn't notice, I'll look tonight when I watch the replay. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a good 6'10 like Odom, but I don't know about 6'9 that's a little short even though it's an inch, I don't think he's that short.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Re: Dwight Howard's HEIGHT?

Postby karacha on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:42 pm

Alleyhoops wrote:Anyone notice this tonight? It was pretty glaring.

I know that Howard is listed at 6-11, but when he was standing next to Pau all night during dead-balls, eye-to-eye, Gasol is EASILY a good 4 inches taller.

They said during the game that Gasol is actually 7-1, (but he doesn't want to be listed that tall, same as KG) so that would put Dwight at about 6-9 which looks about right. When Dwight and Ronny stand next to one another, they look like the same height.

It's amazing how far player's actual heights differ from what they're listed at.

Well, we figured out long time ago that being listed at, say, 6-11 doesn't always mean that.

Big Ben was listed @ 6-9. He's really 6-7. He's short even for a PF.

Dwight looks, at least to me, 6-10. As you already said, him and Turiaf seem to be the same height, but Howard is obviously heavier.

I'd say... Howard: 6-10

Bynum 7-0 3/4
Gasol 7-1
KG 7-0

Duncan is shorter than KG I think.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:42 pm

Yeah, I was a little surprised when I saw him standing next to Pau.

Here's his pre-draft measurement:

Without shoes: 6-9
With shoes: 6-10.25

Not sure if he's grown a little but it doesn't look like it.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby karacha on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:43 pm

BTW -

Kobe is really 6-5

Sasha is a legit 6-7 player.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chicano on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:50 pm

Just curious. I know this is probably a dumb question, but I ask it cuz obviously I don't know. It's kinda a myth I think, but don't know if there's any truth to it.
Is it true that when one bulks up A TON they lose a little bit of height as well? or does it just look like it? cuz i was gonna' say maybe that's the case here.. :man3:
Chicano

Postby nicehair911 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:59 pm

Chicano wrote:Just curious. I know this is probably a dumb question, but I ask it cuz obviously I don't know. It's kinda a myth I think, but don't know if there's any truth to it.
Is it true that when one bulks up A TON they lose a little bit of height as well? or does it just look like it? cuz i was gonna' say maybe that's the case here.. :man3:

Uh, that's physically impossible... :man10:
nicehair911

Location: Wit so much drama in da LBC it's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O double G

Postby davriver290 on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:01 pm

Chicano wrote:Just curious. I know this is probably a dumb question, but I ask it cuz obviously I don't know. It's kinda a myth I think, but don't know if there's any truth to it.

lol if anything your building muscle mass. So I don't think its possible.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby Chicano on Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:13 pm

DAMN HIGH SCHOOL MEMORIES! :bang: :bang:
Chicano

Return to NBA Discussion