Dwyane Wade's Knee More Painful Than Last Season (Pg. 3)

Re: Dwyane Wade Slow To Recover From Knee Surgery

Postby Tobias Funke on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:26 pm

^ Not to mention over 8000 playoff minutes as well.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:32 am

Tobias Funke wrote:He's only played about 27K minutes total (including playoffs), he's not really that old in NBA terms. It is old for a guy that quite often plays reckless to get calls though, but thats on him.

He'll probably be fine this season though (not that Id be crushed if he played well below his standards).

Yeah, it's more the way he plays and the fact that he's had multiple injuries to the same area (knee surgery twice now on the same knee). Honestly he shouldn't be anywhere as explosive as he is right now, but that's what HGH will do for you.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Good. I hope his leg falls off.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:51 am

Punk-101 wrote:Good. I hope his leg falls off.

Whoa!! ..... :man10: :man10: :man10: :bow:
LTLakerFan

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:46 pm

As another poster stated, he has two more years max. I expect they'll monitor his minutes and try to keep him fresh for the playoffs.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby KB24 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:44 am

my give-an-F-o-meter is failing to raise.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby lakersStan24 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:50 am

Punk-101 wrote:Good. I hope his leg falls off.
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby kray28 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:58 am

If you make Wade into a jumpshooter, he becomes mediocre at best.
kray28

Postby scott12199 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Good.... We should shout grandpa when he takes a shot in staples.
scott12199

Postby purp n gold on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:11 pm

I hope any injury complications he endures are karmic. He broke Kobe's nose in an ALL STAR GAME and damn near snapped Rondo's arm backwards during the playoffs 2 years ago. Meanwhile his game is predicated on "attacking" the basket and faking fouls. He is one of the biggest hacks and on the shortlist of NBA players I actually hate. I want Sacre to throw some bows when Wade tries to get in our paint.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Tragic on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Never liked wade one bit..Hope he retires.
Tragic

Postby nthydro on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:48 am

Without Bosh last year Miami would've lost. If Wade has injury issues this season, they're not repeating.
nthydro

Postby Tragic on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:05 pm

He played against the clips today. Guess he's fine enough to play.
Tragic

Postby Magic Skywalker on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:57 pm

@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Wrath12X on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:13 pm

:man10: :man10:
Wrath12X

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu May 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Dwyane Wade's Ability To Stay Healthy Long-Term Concerns Heat

Dwyane Wade is 30 now — in NBA terms, an old 30. After knee surgery and other ailments, the Heat hopes more rest will extend his career.

By Joseph Goodman
jgoodman@MiamiHerald.com

The knee has taken longer to heal than Dwyane Wade, the Miami Heat or anyone else would have expected.

Four to six weeks was the projected recovery time. Training camp began Saturday, marking 11 1/2 weeks of Wade’s rehabilitation from arthroscopic surgery on his left knee. He will miss preseason games, perhaps all of them. He said Friday that his goal was to be ready for action Oct. 30, the day of the Heat’s season opener in Madison Square Garden.

For Wade, it’s a disappointing beginning to the Heat’s bid to repeat as NBA champion. This is the second preseason in the past two years Wade has spent time laboring over pain in his legs rather than playing, and last season, plantar fasciitis in his left foot nagged him often. He has had surgery on his left knee twice in the last four years and it swelled with fluid at the end of last season, forcing him to have it drained during the second round of the playoffs.

“I understand that it’s a process and I’m going to take that process and be … I’ve been here before, guys, so I know what to do. I’ll be all right,” Wade said to reporters Friday. “I went all the way around the block just to go next door.”

In other words, he put off surgery on his knee for far too long.

The Heat will not admit it publicly, but there are concerns among those in the organization about the second half of Wade’s Hall of Fame career. Reckless abandon on the court made him famous and made him rich and made him loved in his adopted city of Miami, but now it’s making him and the Heat refocus their expectations. Wade is only 30 years old, but it’s an old 30.

Wade expects himself — as does the Heat — to play well into his 30s and at a very high level. It might seem early in his career for such things, but the team has started an aggressive plan to preserve Wade’s body for the long term. Reduced minutes, scheduled off days and a repurposed skill set are all being considered.

It begins in earnest with this training camp.

Wade is noticeably heavier this preseason than the last, so dropping weight, strengthening his legs and core and allowing his knee to heal fully from surgery are the first priorities. Next will come a more intense level of conditioning and monitored minutes of scrimmage time.

“I’m just strictly looking at him big picture,” Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. “I don’t have a specific plan for him in training camp of how many days. We’re going to read and react to it.”

More days off likely

Although Spoelstra would like to have him back to full speed by Oct. 30, there is, in reality, no specific time crunch or deadline. Off days will be sprinkled into Wade’s rehab just as off days will dot his regular-season box scores. The ultimate goal is for Wade to be completely healthy and pain free after the All-Star break.

“When you feel good and you want to push it to the next level, sometimes that’s when it’s important to take the day off,” Spoelstra said.

Last season, Wade played 49 of the regular season’s 66 games. Convert that percentage to this season and that’s 22 games before the playoffs. By no means does Wade expect to miss that many regular-season games, but if he did, and you multiply those rest days over the next four years, that’s an entire season added on to Wade’s career.

There is a recent precedent for such a concerted effort to extend the career of a superstar, and it has worked better than expected for San Antonio. Tim Duncan has had knee problems throughout his career. After a knee procedure more than a decade ago, Duncan began scaling back his minutes and in the past two seasons, he has taken rest days throughout the regular season and played even fewer minutes.

At the age of 36, Duncan signed a three-year deal worth $34 million this offseason. If he doesn’t retire early, he still could be in the league at 39. Either way, he’ll walk away from the game with a Spurs jersey on his back.

Duncan has averaged 28 minutes per game for the past two seasons, yet his game has remained at a high level. He has averaged more than 14 points and nine rebounds over the past two seasons. In the 2011-12 playoffs, he averaged 17.4 points and 9.8 rebounds.

Like his games-played stat, Wade’s minutes receded in 2011-12. He averaged six fewer minutes per game during the regular season than the previous one. It allowed his body, despite carrying a few injuries, to still have enough in the tank to average more 39 minutes in the postseason.

“Last year, I did what I could with what I was dealing with and I didn’t do too bad,” Wade said. “This year, I’m looking to have an even better year. It’s all about just how efficient I can be.

“My opportunities are a lot different now than they’ve been, so I just want to be an efficient basketball player when I’m on the basketball court and that’s what I pride myself in.”

Wade’s buzzword Friday was “efficient.” The great ones have all made the transition from aggressive to artistic during their careers, and that is Wade’s eventual goal. His plan for this season and those beyond is to raise his shooting percentages, particularly from the free-throw line and midrange.

Of course, it’s not like Wade has been inefficient. Not even close. Last season, he ranked 13th in efficiency (22.1) in the league. Player efficiency is a measurement of a player’s overall production based on minutes played. The league average is around 15. LeBron James led the NBA last season with an efficiency rating of 29.9, according to NBA.com.

“We already made that adjustment last year,” Spoelstra said. “He went from about 39 minutes a game to 33. Even an older veteran player, older than him, can handle that.

“I don’t think there will be a need to take him down much further than that. He did make an incredible adjustment for a veteran player. His efficiency last year was about as high a year as he’s had in those 33 minutes he played.”

Less pressure on Wade

The addition of Ray Allen on the wing also will take some of the pressure off Wade. Wade and Allen play the same position and, as Wade can attest, Allen’s motor around the court will keep opposing defenders on their toes throughout the game. Wade still will work just as hard, but theoretically he won’t have to for so long every night.

“One thing is, we’ve put ourselves in a position,” Wade said. “I don’t have to play 40 minutes a night anymore. Signing a guy like Ray really helps and other guys can play multiple positions.

“Like I said, the minutes I play, I’ll be very efficient in and as the season goes on I’ll still continue to try to be stronger. Coming off surgery, you can’t just work out in the summer and think that’s it. Throughout the year, you still have to work. So, I have to work just as hard or even harder.”

Spoelstra is optimistic about Wade’s recovery. He said Friday that he expects Wade to return stronger this season than the last and that by the end of the season, if all goes as planned, “you’re going to see a great deal of that athleticism come back.”

“We’re encouraged by the summer that he had — that he was able to get the procedure,” Spoelstra said. “He was such a warrior in the playoffs and you saw bursts of it but what you saw was a veteran player — a winning player — doing whatever it took to win.

“But you’re going to see the cat quickness again.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/30/v ... wades.html
Kobe8Fan

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu May 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Dwyane Wade Ahead Of Expectations In Recovery From Knee Surgery

Dwyane Wade is far ahead of schedule in recovering from offseason knee surgery.

"We didn't anticipate him really competing in this many practices," Erik Spoelstra said. "He's getting stronger. He's getting quicker. You see a lot of that quick twitch that we've known Dwayne for so well for all these years. You're seeing that come back."

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-1 ... -ray-allen
Kobe8Fan

Dwyane Wade Making Progress To Get Healthy

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu May 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Dwyane Wade Making Progress To Get Healthy

Dwyane Wade had one of his best performances of the season on Saturday with 34 points and seven assists.

“Obviously I wanted to play better. I was struggling a little bit,” said Wade. “For me, my goal is by All-Star to feel better coming off of knee surgery but I worked hard the last couple days. I didn’t take no time off and I really tried to get my legs under me.”

“It was not a thought in our mind to panic,” Erik Spoelstra said of Wade’s game. “It’s a long season. He started the year with minor injuries and it takes awhile to get into the flow. He’s put in a lot of work behind the scenes.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/02/3 ... rries.html
Kobe8Fan

Postby MadMax on Thu May 23, 2013 9:04 pm

Am I missing something? Why was this thread bumped with old Wade articles?
MadMax

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu May 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Dwyane Wade Feeling Less Pain In Sore Right Knee

BY ANDRE C. FERNANDEZ
a1fernandez@MiamiHerald.com

ORLANDO -- Dwyane Wade sat out for the second game in a row as he continued to rest a sore right knee.

Wade said he underwent an MRI that returned negative and said the pain in his knee was diminishing.

“It’s just a bruise,” Wade said. “It’s just about understanding when you have something lingering it can affect other parts of your body. You have to be smart about it.

“You have to understand what’s coming down for our team in the next few days. [Sunday] was a good day, and hopefully it will feel better by Wednesday so I can get back on the court.”

Wade said he first took a hit on the knee in the team’s previous home game against Orlando on March 6, then hit it again against the Celtics on March 18.

“It’s something I’ve been dealing with for two weeks,” Wade said. “Some days are good and some are bad. We don’t need to deal with this down the stretch, so I felt like this was the right time.”

Wade, who had offseason surgery on his left knee, missed his sixth game this season overall and said he is hoping the rest will allow him to return for the Heat’s next game against the Bulls — the second of the team’s four-game trip that began Monday against the Magic.

“We want to be proactive and take care of it right now,” Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. “He’s been getting treatment and been feeling better each day.”

Wade said he almost sat out against the Pistons on Friday but pressed on.

“Right now, it’s fun playing with these guys,” Wade said. “But we felt these back-to-back games would be the right time to rest it. The pain is kind of going away, and the doctors said it would. I’m not a doctor, but I knew there was nothing seriously wrong with it.”

Mike Miller started for the second game in a row after playing only 28 total minutes during the previous 25 games. Miller played 21 minutes Sunday against the Bobcats and scored six points.

More accolades

LeBron James was named the Eastern Conference’s Player of the Week on Monday, marking the sixth time he has earned the honor this season. James averaged 30.8 points, 10 assists, 8.8 rebounds, 2.5 steals and two blocks last week in four wins against the Celtics, Cavaliers, Pistons and Bobcats. James recorded his fourth triple-double of the season (25 points, 12 rebounds, 10 assists) against the Cavaliers.

James has earned the honor 43 times in his career — the most by a player in NBA history. James also has been named the NBA’s Player of the Month four times this season.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/26/3 ... -knee.html
Kobe8Fan

Dwyane Wade Admits He May Sit Until Playoffs

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu May 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Dwyane Wade Admits He May Sit Until Playoffs

By Michael Wallace | ESPN.com

MIAMI -- Dwyane Wade won't rule out missing the rest of the regular season to recover from a right knee injury, but the Miami Heat star said Sunday he hopes to return before the playoffs.

Wade has missed six of the Heat's past eight games and is still dealing with soreness and swelling in the knee, which he has aggravated twice since initially injuring it a month ago.

"The most important thing is to be healthy," Wade said Sunday, addressing the media for the first time since he last played March 29. "So when I feel it, then I'll get back on the court. Obviously, I want to play. But I have to make sure that I'm right. You have to get healthy."

Wade is one of several key players for the defending NBA champions who have missed games recently as the team tries to balance rest and recovery before the April 20 start of the playoffs. LeBron James sat out three games before he returned Saturday from a hamstring injury to score 27 points in a blowout win against Philadelphia.

"[My hamstring] was a little sore this morning, which I knew it would be," James said Sunday. "But I feel better today than I did a week ago. So I'm making progress."

Chris Bosh, who missed Saturday's game, is recovering from a hyperextended right knee and said Sunday he wasn't sure when he might try to return.

Wade, James and Bosh were among Miami's players, coaches and front-office staff members who attended Sunday's annual Heat Family Festival. The carnival-style event held outside of AmericanAirlines Arena raised more than $503,000 for local charities affiliated with the Heat.

While the injuries James and Bosh have been dealing with have been considered minor, there seems to be more concern around the team regarding Wade's situation.

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said Saturday that all three of his marquee players will be considered day to day for the rest of the regular season. But Spoelstra confirmed that Wade has been held back by consistent swelling in his knee.

Wade initially banged knees with a defender during a March 6 game against Orlando and aggravated the injury when he collided with another player two weeks later against Boston. Wade played through the discomfort a few more games before he sat out a back-to-back set against Charlotte and Orlando on March 24-25.

Wade returned for the March 27 loss in Chicago, which ended the Heat's 27-game winning streak, and also played two nights later in New Orleans. But he had a setback in each of those games, first spraining his right ankle when he stepped on Bulls forward Taj Gibson's foot and then took more hits and falls during the game against the Hornets.

"His body will tell us when we'll play him," Spoelstra said of Wade on Saturday. "He got hit right on top of his knee twice. He was able to resolve it, then get past it. But in the New Orleans game, he got beat up and was on the floor."

Wade seemed to downplay the severity of the swelling and the bruise on Sunday, but alluded to areas around the knee that have been the focus of his recent treatment sessions.

Because the Heat have clinched the No. 1 seed in the East and are closing in on securing the best overall record in the league, the team's approach is that it's best to be cautious down the stretch and get players healthy now.

"We took care of business so we were able to say, 'We have these injuries, so let's take care of it now and be smart,'" Wade said. "I would love to be playing right now. As a player, if you get a couple of days off you, you want to get back to it. But I'm just trying to be smart with my doctors. When I feel like I can get back on the floor, then I will."

Wade has averaged 21.3 points, five rebounds and five assists in 66 games this season. This is the second straight season he has dealt with a knee injury heading into the playoffs.

Wade played through soreness in his left knee late last season and had it drained during the second round of the playoffs. He ultimately had surgery on the left knee last summer after the Heat beat Oklahoma City in the Finals.

With six games remaining on the Heat's regular-season schedule, Wade said he's hopeful he can get back on the court as early as this week. Miami plays Milwaukee on Tuesday, travels to Washington on Wednesday and hosts Boston on Friday.

"Obviously, the biggest thing is to get your wind back and get your legs back under you," Wade said. "But I've been around the block a few times. It'll be a little adjustment, but I'm not overly concerned about it. I do want to get back on the court before the playoffs to get a rhythm. Hopefully, sometime this week I can step back on the court."

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamihe ... a-playoffs
Kobe8Fan

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu May 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Dwyane Wade Day-To-Day With Bruised Right Knee; Erik Spoelstra Downplays Condition

By Ira Winderman South Florida Sun Sentinel
1:22 p.m. EDT, April 26, 2013
MILWAUKEE—

Erik Spoelstra isn't a doctor, but the Miami Heat coach got to play one Friday.

Asked about the best course of treatment for Dwyane Wade's balky right knee, Spoelstra said, "no collisions."

But in the next breath Spoelstra said that doesn't mean there is necessarily a need to hold Wade out of Sunday's Game 4 against the Milwaukee Bucks at the BMO Harris Bradley Center, when the Heat try to sweep the best-of-seven opening-round NBA playoff series.

"He's been dealing with this for over a month," Spoelstra said of what the team is reporting as a bone bruise. "It's getting better. But he plays a physical game. He was on the ground four or five times [Thursday] night. One was a collision where he got fouled in the first half, he got hit in the elbow, he got hit in the face, he got hit in the knee, all in one play.

"But he's fighting through it. Some days are a little bit better than others, depending on the collisions he has from the night before."

Wade took his fight Friday to the training room at Marquette University, for another round of aggressive therapy.

But Spoelstra warned, coming off Wade's 1-of-12 shooting in Thursday's 104-91 Heat Game 3 victory, that this is not nearly the concern as Wade's left knee was during last season's playoffs, when offseason surgery followed the run to the franchise's second NBA title.

"Totally different," Spoelstra said during an informal media session at the team hotel, with the players given Friday off. "It's not anywhere near that. Structurally, his knee is as good as it's been in years, and that's why we're treating him [as] day-to-day. This was a bone bruise. And what it needs is time, and it gets better. But what it also needs is no collisions."

That doesn't mean it isn't being closely monitored.

"He came over to me at one point," Spoelstra said of Thursday's game, "and I just made sure, 'Hey, you OK?' And he said, 'I'm good to go Coach. Whatever we need.' "

Wade contributed 11 assists, nine rebounds and five steals in his 28 minutes.

"He's feeling better. So it's been getting better," Spoelstra said. "He was moving around very well [in Game 2]. He was moving around very well at the start of [Thursday's] game and then he had a couple of collisions."

Spoelstra declined to directly address the possibility of giving Wade Sunday off.

"We'll see how he responds," he said, with practice scheduled Saturday afternoon at Marquette, "and we'll make our evaluations then."

iwinderman@tribune.com. Follow him at twitter.com/iraheatbeat

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss
Kobe8Fan

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu May 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Dwyane Wade Misses Game 4 To Rest Knee

MILWAUKEE – After working out pregame, Dwyane Wade missed the Miami Heat’s Game 4 against the Bucks on Sunday afternoon, deciding to rest his knee.

Wade warmed up without his knee pads, and Heat assistant coaches walked off the court confident that the All-Star guard could play if needed. Wade has dealt with a sore right knee this season and tweaked his forearm in Thursday’s Game 3 win.

The Heat have a 3-0 lead over the Bucks in this first round matchup and should still close out the matchup. Mike Miller will start at shooting guard in Wade's place.

Wade missed 11 of 12 shots in Game 3, but he made critical plays to allow the Heat to pull away in the second half, finishing with 11 assists and nine rebounds. He has averaged 13.7 points, seven rebounds and 6.3 assists over three playoff games.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... -Rest-Knee
Kobe8Fan

Dwyane Wade To Play Game 1

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu May 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Dwyane Wade To Play Game 1

Shandel Richardson ‏@ShandelRich 6 May

Dwyane Wade says he's good to go tonight.

https://twitter.com/ShandelRich/status/ ... 5544698880
Kobe8Fan

Dwyane Wade Tweaks Bruised Knee

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu May 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Dwyane Wade Tweaks Bruised Knee

Jeff Zillgitt, USA TODAY Sports

CHICAGO — Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade has an usual method for trying to relieve the pain in his bruised left knee.

Wade said he is using tape to move his kneecap over into a position that is more comfortable.

Though it's known Wade is battling the bruised knee, for the first time in a game it was revealed how much pain he is experiencing. It happened just before he took a shot with 7:21 left in the second quarter of Miami's 88-65 victory against the Chicago Bulls in Game 4 on Monday.

Wade tweaked his knee, favored it, grimaced in pain and stopped moving while the action moved to the other end of the floor after his missed shot.

He checked out at 7:12 and returned with 3:36 left in the half.

"Just a shooting pain. It hurt," Wade said. "Eventually I was able to re-tape my knee, come back out and try to finish."

Wade did not score in the first half and finished with six points — all in the third quarter — on 3-of-10 shooting. It's just the fourth time in 117 playoff games that he has scored less than 10 points.

The Heat have had strong performances from LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Norris Cole and still have a 3-1 series lead despite Wade's injury.

"Any time you have a guy who is not 100%, you have to give a little more effort," Bosh said. "Dwyane has been having a tough time getting into the flow of some of the games."

James sympathizes with Wade.

"We've got his back as a team, and then I definitely pick it up even more because I know what he's going through," James said. "I'm around him each and every day. It's difficult for him, but he hasn't made an excuse. He's just trying to give us what he's got right now until it starts to feel better."

James recalled the painful right (shooting) elbow that bothered him in the 2010 playoffs.

"My last year in Cleveland I had an elbow injury that lingered throughout the whole playoffs," he said. "Just try to go out there and give it all you've got. It (stinks) because you know you can play much better. You know you can do things, but the injury's not allowing you to do it. And it was on my shooting arm. It's very tough. I know what he's going through. I'm just happy I'm able to pick it up for him, and everybody else is doing the same."

Wade had a fantastic regular season, averaging 21.2 points, 5.1 assists, five rebounds and a career-high shooting percentage of 52.1%. But in the playoffs, Wade is averaging 12.3 points, including 11.3 against the Bulls. He shot 33.7% against the Milwaukee Bucks in three games in the first round, missing Game 4 to give his ailing knee a rest.

"It's frustrating at times," Wade said. "You try to do what you can. How I feel is, sometimes it feels good and sometimes it doesn't. You can't predict it. Try to go out there and continue.

"Some days are better than others. Certain games, make a move or do something and the shooting pain might come up."

Wade is shooting 50% against the Bulls, but he has taken just 11 shots per game, nearly six shots less per game than he took during the regular season.

The Heat have put their spin on it, saying Wade is playing smart basketball by not forcing shots while contributing in other areas, namely defense, rebounding and passing. Wade had four rebounds, four assists and a steal on Monday.

"He understands better than anybody right now to just help us win, and he is, with his minutes," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "Is he coming in here and getting 30 a night? He's creating a lot of good things for us defensively, he's competing and giving us a presence from the perimeter. Offensively, he's making the right plays."

Spoelstra was even more complimentary at Miami's Monday morning shootaround.

"We ran some of his plays and he was making very mature, unselfish decisions (in Game 3)," Spoelstra said. "He was forcing two on the ball and we were moving it. Now, our point guards were recipients of second actions. If they let up on any of these actions, Dwyane is savvy enough to know when he's able to attack and get to the rim.

"He's been playing very poised with a team ego, and it's been necessary. Play in the playoffs and you get deeper into a round like this and both teams are very good defensively, you don't know where your scoring is going to come from. You must have a team ego. You must move the ball and be OK with different guys making different plays on different possessions."

However, as the playoffs continue and if the Heat advance — and it looks like they will — they want Wade closer to 100% than he is, and they will need him for more offense. The Heat can help Wade rest his knee and get more treatment for it if they close out Chicago in Game 5 on Wednesday and the Indiana Pacers-New York Knicks series extends to six or seven games.

Wade will have his knee re-examined on Tuesday in Miami.

"Well, we won't know until we get back to Miami how he really feels," Spoelstra said. "He's a battler. He's a warrior. He'll fight through it. He never makes excuses for anything, and he's giving us everything he's going and he's giving minutes that help us win. ... He'll get treatment, he'll get rest and we'll go from there."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb ... t/2157237/
Kobe8Fan

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion