Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby CGrand81 on Tue May 28, 2013 11:05 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:B.S. Kobe has his quick chippy elbows to keep guys off his back but he does not do the s--t that Wade does, not even close. Wade has moved into same realm as KG at his worst.


I do not feel its BS at all, to each their own, my thoughts...

if the author of this article where people are staying he is right on point, wrote the same article about Kobe (which he could of in the past, ex. him getting fouled and smacking people in the face... that phase of that season) those same people would be saying what you are, just chippy elbows.

IMO Wade is not a dirty player, no more than Kobe would have been in the past. Only reason I use Kobe as an example is because everyone here is familiar with him, watch him, and know he is not a dirty player despite some of his dirty plays.
User avatar
CGrand81

 
Posts: 743
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:04 pm
Location: San Marcos -TXST

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby Forward Three on Wed May 29, 2013 12:06 am

One thing about Wade though is that he is a revenge seeking player. Kobe, not so much. Kobe's idea of revenge is to attack the player offensively, try to score on them, try to make them look bad on D...etc. Wade is more likely to get frustrated and just get 'lazy' with his elbows and arms and body and take it out on someone.
Forward Three

 
Posts: 4596
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby Weezy on Wed May 29, 2013 1:33 am

Wade is a dirty player, there's too many incidents of him hurting people to back it up now, or to dispute it. Kobe once made a dirty play on Mike Miller, that's it, that's his only dirty play. Other than that he fights for position like any other player and doesn't play any rougher than most. When Wade gets mad or frustrated he flips out, goes too far, and actually tries to hurt guys. That takedown of Collison in the playoffs last season was something out of the NFL and uncalled for, but he did it because he's a coddled baby who didn't get a call he thought he deserved on the other end (which was a clean play). You can't defined this guy, he goes after players, he has a short fuse if he doesn't get treated like I guess he thinks he deserves by the refs, something the 2006 Finals must have put in his mind. Elbowing guys, tackling guys, shoving guys down, pulling guys down, breaking a guys nose in a freakin All-Stat game with a hard intentional foul that was completely uncalled for, the guy is dirty. That was a great article and I'm glad somebody finally called him out on it and that of course the NBA wouldn't suspend a Heat star for something anyone else would have been suspended for.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50941
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed May 29, 2013 1:40 am

Kobe did elbow Miller, but Wade has multiple instances where he's retaliated violently (relative to whats considered a foul in today's NBA) whenever he feels like the refs aren't giving him whistles.

What kicks the douchebaggery up a notch is that he never even tries to fake concern to hide the fact that he did it on purpose. Matter of fact, most times he's talking smack to the player or the ref saying he was fouled on the other end and didn't get the call.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

- 24
User avatar
Tobias Funke

 
Posts: 5696
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:13 am

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby Doc Brown on Wed May 29, 2013 6:08 am

Gotta love the, "If this article was about Kobe, you guys woulda shoulda coulda"

Instead of the hypothetical BS, how about coming in here with video evidence of it. That guy provided clear examples of Wade being a dirty player.

If you want to label Kobe as dirty provide video evidence instead of this beat around the bush hoopla.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby Kasumi on Wed May 29, 2013 6:35 am

Doc Brown wrote:If you want to label Kobe as dirty provide video evidence instead of this beat around the bush hoopla.

Read what he wrote, he does not think that Kobe is a dirty player but states instead that it's all a matter of perspective. Guess what, Spurs fans didn't think that Bruce Bowen was a dirty player, just a hard-nosed defender who got a little over-anxious at times. It's a matter of perspective. I believe his point is that almost any player that is active on D could have a smear job written about him if the writer's intent is to be completely one-sided.

All that being said, I do think D-Wade is a dirty player. I think his athleticism failed him earlier in his career than he expected so to make up for it, instead of improving his fundamentals, he's resorting to flops and elbows.
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
User avatar
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator
 
Posts: 7471
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed May 29, 2013 8:34 am

..... and a lot more and more dangerous stuff "with intent" than that
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6334
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed May 29, 2013 8:47 am

Kasumi wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:If you want to label Kobe as dirty provide video evidence instead of this beat around the bush hoopla.

Read what he wrote, he does not think that Kobe is a dirty player but states instead that it's all a matter of perspective. Guess what, Spurs fans didn't think that Bruce Bowen was a dirty player, just a hard-nosed defender who got a little over-anxious at times. It's a matter of perspective. I believe his point is that almost any player that is active on D could have a smear job written about him if the writer's intent is to be completely one-sided.

All that being said, I do think D-Wade is a dirty player. I think his athleticism failed him earlier in his career than he expected so to make up for it, instead of improving his fundamentals, he's resorting to flops and elbows.


Yes, anyone can find bits and pieces to show someone may be a dirty player that is true. However, even Spurs fans knew Bruce Bowen tip-toed the line of great defense and dirty. Most great defenders (which I believe Bruce was) often tote that line. However, once you start stepping underplayers like Bruce did and Shane does (lately) then that is more dirty plays than great defense. Wade on the other hand is making dirty plays on all sides of the court. What defense was he playing when he launched the Ultimate Warrior FLying Elbow? When he broke Kobe's nose he was playing D by basically busting Kobe in the face. Like you said it is easy to point fingers at the other team when your team is involved but it is easier to see the "truth" when your team has nothing vested. That is, of course, if they can get by the hate for the team. This is the Heat we are talking about so some just may be fueled on Hate for the Heat too. That being said, Wade is Dirty.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby CGrand81 on Wed May 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Gotta love the, "If this article was about Kobe, you guys woulda shoulda coulda"

Instead of the hypothetical BS, how about coming in here with video evidence of it. That guy provided clear examples of Wade being a dirty player.

If you want to label Kobe as dirty provide video evidence instead of this beat around the bush hoopla.


Well I never said Kobe was a dirty player, I think I made that quite clear.

If I was a complete Kobe-hater and wrote an article I'd could say similar things about Kobe after some of his instances, I guess if you want video proof I could go online and find this hilarious elbow mix tape, just the song really.

I do not know how to only take certain parts of the video (anyone share that info for future reference mucho gracias) because some are stupid but others are dirty. One could easily write an article just as the one posted in this thread; mostly based off his flailing arms when fouled technique, definitely not a natural motion and that fact that it was so easy for him to stop doing it proofs just that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUxsK_2imYI

Had the link instead of the youtube embed because the song might be against clublakers rules, so yea that is that, viewer discretion advised/NSFW lol.

Kasumi got what I was saying, it is just my opinion on Wade and how this guy who wrote the column is so biased it rubs off his main points, he could of written the article and gotten his point across may more effectively, but maybe he was just doing it for the hate views and what not.
User avatar
CGrand81

 
Posts: 743
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:04 pm
Location: San Marcos -TXST

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby Weezy on Wed May 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Kobe got suspended a game for flailing his arms and hitting a guy in the face accidentally, Wade got a retroactive flagrant 1 for an intentional flying elbow to the back of a players head. So not only is he dirty, he gets away with it because he plays for Miami and everyone knows it. Yeah, you can make that case for Kobe if you want through carefully chosen videos, but making that case doesn't undo the case for Wade being dirty, the arguments don't cancel eachother out, the guys still dirty even if another guy is too.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50941
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby CGrand81 on Wed May 29, 2013 8:49 pm

^^

IMO Wade and Kobe are not dirty players, there's no canceling out, it does not work like that. I never implied that, just making fun of the article posted, Doc wanted proof so I played a hypothetical where a similar writer could say similar things.

The punishment is a completely different factor, I was strictly talking about dirty plays, however they are enforced afterwards is up to the NBA, separate debate.
User avatar
CGrand81

 
Posts: 743
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:04 pm
Location: San Marcos -TXST

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed May 29, 2013 9:01 pm

^The debate was about dirty play plain and simple. So I am not sure what the point of the debate you dragged Weezy into. There really wasn't a reason to bring Kobe up in any of this except to try and taint the picture. Wade is dirty and has been so for many years. There are plays where players may throw a little extra elbow or push or extra hip into the screen. Yes that is basketball and it happens. Running and giving the flying elbow to the head? Nope. Kicking players? Nope. Breaking a players nose cause he clowned you? Nope. The article was spot on as DWade has not been called out for his BS because he is with the Heat and plays with the Golden Boy.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby Avenged24 on Wed May 29, 2013 9:15 pm

Wade is perhaps the dirtiest STAR player in the league. What gets to me is how role players or even players with a bad rep would get suspended for a game from some of the thing Wade does but he gets to get away with it.

Also coming out AFTER the game is over is pointless by the league when it does not involve a suspension. Upgrading it to a flagrant? Big deal.. Goes to show they just don't want the general public to start thinking they are playing favorites.
Image
User avatar
Avenged24

 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed May 29, 2013 9:20 pm

This guy is bush league dirty, his dirty plays are usually a result of not getting a call so he retaliates with dirty plays.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
User avatar
Balance&Options24

 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby Murdock on Thu May 30, 2013 8:04 am

Weezy wrote:Kobe got suspended a game for flailing his arms and hitting a guy in the face accidentally, Wade got a retroactive flagrant 1 for an intentional flying elbow to the back of a players head. So not only is he dirty, he gets away with it because he plays for Miami and everyone knows it. Yeah, you can make that case for Kobe if you want through carefully chosen videos, but making that case doesn't undo the case for Wade being dirty, the arguments don't cancel eachother out, the guys still dirty even if another guy is too.


C'mon it was not intentional as his foul on Kobe was ... Wade just wanted to jump around stephenson that's why jumped ... he just didn't lift his elbow high enough ... it wasn't malicious or anything, stupid yes, foul yes but definitely not intentional .. i doubt his intend was to elbow him to the head, he wanted to jump around
User avatar
Murdock

 
Posts: 1734
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:33 am

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 30, 2013 8:21 am

Murdock wrote:
Weezy wrote:Kobe got suspended a game for flailing his arms and hitting a guy in the face accidentally, Wade got a retroactive flagrant 1 for an intentional flying elbow to the back of a players head. So not only is he dirty, he gets away with it because he plays for Miami and everyone knows it. Yeah, you can make that case for Kobe if you want through carefully chosen videos, but making that case doesn't undo the case for Wade being dirty, the arguments don't cancel eachother out, the guys still dirty even if another guy is too.


C'mon it was not intentional as his foul on Kobe was ... Wade just wanted to jump around stephenson that's why jumped ... he just didn't lift his elbow high enough ... it wasn't malicious or anything, stupid yes, foul yes but definitely not intentional .. i doubt his intend was to elbow him to the head, he wanted to jump around


Cmon it was absolutely intentional. Wade didn't need to jump around Stephenson at all especially playing on a crippled leg that Wade is playing. It was an elbow that was shoved at a player who didn't see it coming. You can doubt it but I don't and neither does a lot of people. I can't see how you say it was "definitely not intentional" when for some it looked just that way. He wanted to hit the guy and did. So whose right? Your opinion or our opinion.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu May 30, 2013 9:05 am

Murdock wrote:
Weezy wrote:Kobe got suspended a game for flailing his arms and hitting a guy in the face accidentally, Wade got a retroactive flagrant 1 for an intentional flying elbow to the back of a players head. So not only is he dirty, he gets away with it because he plays for Miami and everyone knows it. Yeah, you can make that case for Kobe if you want through carefully chosen videos, but making that case doesn't undo the case for Wade being dirty, the arguments don't cancel eachother out, the guys still dirty even if another guy is too.


C'mon it was not intentional as his foul on Kobe was ... Wade just wanted to jump around stephenson that's why jumped ... he just didn't lift his elbow high enough ... it wasn't malicious or anything, stupid yes, foul yes but definitely not intentional .. i doubt his intend was to elbow him to the head, he wanted to jump around


:man10: :man10: Sorry.... go to the corner with your laptop and watch that play 100 times for punishment. "jump around" him? WTF for?? All he had to do was change direction a couple degrees like a normal player would. He flew into a guy who never saw him coming, with also his elbow out stiff like a forearm shiver that wasn't even close to clearing his head.... and never even looked back, like I'm Dwyane Wade and I can do whatever the hell I want.

Which by the way is his USUAL look after one of the dirty shots he takes. Just defiantly acts like what are you or the ref gonna do about it?
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6334
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby Weezy on Thu May 30, 2013 12:13 pm

Murdock wrote:
Weezy wrote:Kobe got suspended a game for flailing his arms and hitting a guy in the face accidentally, Wade got a retroactive flagrant 1 for an intentional flying elbow to the back of a players head. So not only is he dirty, he gets away with it because he plays for Miami and everyone knows it. Yeah, you can make that case for Kobe if you want through carefully chosen videos, but making that case doesn't undo the case for Wade being dirty, the arguments don't cancel eachother out, the guys still dirty even if another guy is too.


C'mon it was not intentional as his foul on Kobe was ... Wade just wanted to jump around stephenson that's why jumped ... he just didn't lift his elbow high enough ... it wasn't malicious or anything, stupid yes, foul yes but definitely not intentional .. i doubt his intend was to elbow him to the head, he wanted to jump around


If he wanted to miss Stephenson all he had to do was lift his arm up, but he didn't even attempt to. It was intentional, and he even got away with it in the moment.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50941
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby therealdeal on Thu May 30, 2013 12:53 pm

Weezy wrote:
Murdock wrote:
Weezy wrote:Kobe got suspended a game for flailing his arms and hitting a guy in the face accidentally, Wade got a retroactive flagrant 1 for an intentional flying elbow to the back of a players head. So not only is he dirty, he gets away with it because he plays for Miami and everyone knows it. Yeah, you can make that case for Kobe if you want through carefully chosen videos, but making that case doesn't undo the case for Wade being dirty, the arguments don't cancel eachother out, the guys still dirty even if another guy is too.


C'mon it was not intentional as his foul on Kobe was ... Wade just wanted to jump around stephenson that's why jumped ... he just didn't lift his elbow high enough ... it wasn't malicious or anything, stupid yes, foul yes but definitely not intentional .. i doubt his intend was to elbow him to the head, he wanted to jump around


If he wanted to miss Stephenson all he had to do was lift his arm up, but he didn't even attempt to. It was intentional, and he even got away with it in the moment.

If he wanted to avoid Stephenson he would have. He could have ducked around him, spun around him, lifted his arm and "swim-moved" him, heck he could have jumped and turned his body, he could have jumped and put his arms up over his head.

He's an extraordinarily gifted athlete with amazing hand-eye coordination and body control.

Anyone who thinks he didn't purposely elbow Stephenson is wrong. It's plain as day.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40266
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.