Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sun May 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 2h

Dwyane Wade assessed flagrant foul-1 for hit on Lance Stephenson in Game 2. No further upgrades/discipline.

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/statu ... 4346935297
Kobe8Fan

Re: Dwyane Wade Receives Flagrant 1, No Suspension For Game 3

Postby CGrand81 on Sun May 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Good, happy to see it, I'm pumped for tonight's game.
CGrand81

Postby SK8 on Sun May 26, 2013 2:28 pm

I always hated this "after game calls", like Wade give a f that he will get flagrant, they should call it during the game, wtf, that was FLYING ELBOW on the center of court, and what, 3 refs on court and no one didn't saw it or what :bang:
That's just stupid.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Weezy on Sun May 26, 2013 3:20 pm

These after the fact penalties are a joke. What if the Pacers had lost by a point, those flagrant free throws in-game would have mattered big time. Calling it a flagrant 2 days later doesn't mean a thing, especially since no further penalty was assessed.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun May 26, 2013 4:03 pm

and the jokes continue.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby gill on Sun May 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Lance Stephenson didn't get fined for running into Wade's elbow? Stu Jackson, David Stern... I'm disappointed. They've gone soft!
gill

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun May 26, 2013 4:25 pm

I am suprised they didn't fine West for that elbow. Just as suprised as I am that they fined Wade.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby SK8 on Sun May 26, 2013 5:11 pm

:man10:

Sports Humor ‏@Sport_Humor 2h
Dwyane Wade will NOT be suspended for game 3. The league took a hard look at the play and realized he was wearing a Heat Jersey.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby JGC on Sun May 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Not surprised. Called this yesterday. Also called little to no punishment for West as well (though many were expecting suspension).

I honestly do not understand why people are continually surprised. Most of these retroactive flagrants and suspensions are so easy to call if you just read the rules. It's the in-game ones that are the real head scratchers IMO.
JGC

Postby hatelakers4eva on Sun May 26, 2013 7:23 pm

I'm exercise my freedom of speech here.the refs need2 call a clean and fair game! I've watched sports all my life & haven't seen so many uncalled fouls on the 2 super teams the heat & spurs game stop hating rough fouling & take your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] whipping like a man at least! You all need2 watch Dr. J on 6/10 & see a real foul! You may learn who this game has gotten so soft & unfair!
hatelakers4eva

Postby hatelakers4eva on Sun May 26, 2013 7:23 pm

I'm exercise my freedom of speech here.the refs need2 call a clean and fair game! I've watched sports all my life & haven't seen so many uncalled fouls on the 2 super teams the heat & spurs game stop hating rough fouling & take your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] whipping like a man at least! You all need2 watch Dr. J on 6/10 & see a real foul! You may learn who this game has gotten so soft & unfair!
hatelakers4eva

Postby abeer3 on Mon May 27, 2013 5:39 pm

wait...are you telling me that the league office went easy on d-wade?

impossible.
abeer3

Postby dj vitus on Mon May 27, 2013 9:20 pm

I like how reporters are saying it was a "hit" on the head with an "arm" or "forearm."

IT'S A MUTHER FN FLYING ELBOW TO THE HEAD! :bang: :bang: :bang:

I have never seen a more ridiculous WWE move in the NBA except for that one guy who body slammed someone a long time ago.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Balance&Options24 on Mon May 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Randy "Macho Man' Savage would be proud.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby Frank Dux on Mon May 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Matt Barnes or Ron Artest would've been suspended for 3 games for that bush league move. Wade is the dirtiest player in the league, and his antics yet again go unpunished.
Frank Dux

Postby XXIV on Mon May 27, 2013 11:30 pm

It's just laughable how there was no punishment for that let alone a foul. The league and media continues to act as if Wade is some sort of Pau Gasol where he hardly does anything dirty on the court. The guy has been considered a dirty player for quite some time now and yet the league continues to look the other way. I mean just hearing Steve Kerr stating how it was inadvertent and there was nothing there is just plain dumb. The league needs to start being more consistent with the way they deal with these things.
XXIV

Postby Scnottaken on Mon May 27, 2013 11:44 pm

XXIV wrote:It's just laughable how there was no punishment for that let alone a foul. The league and media continues to act as if Wade is some sort of Pau Gasol where he hardly does anything dirty on the court. The guy has been considered a dirty player for quite some time now and yet the league continues to look the other way. I mean just hearing Steve Kerr stating how it was inadvertent and there was nothing there is just plain dumb. The league needs to start being more consistent with the way they deal with these things.

The thing I find most telling is the league is able to dole out punishment based on "history", but they're the ones who start that same "history". So they're basically saying "we can punish certain people because we've punished them before". That makes no sense.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Murdock on Tue May 28, 2013 6:38 am

Uncle Drew wrote::man10:

Sports Humor ‏@Sport_Humor 2h
Dwyane Wade will NOT be suspended for game 3. The league took a hard look at the play and realized he was wearing a Heat Jersey.

That one really floored me :D
Murdock

Postby Doc Brown on Tue May 28, 2013 8:14 am

GREGG DOYEL
National Columnist

Way of Wade: Flopping, dirty plays for the win!
May 27, 2013 12:51 pm ET

Someone has to say it, so I'll be the bad guy. No, wait. Dwyane Wade is the bad guy.

And that's how I'll say it:

Dwyane Wade is the bad guy. He's the worst guy in the NBA, when it comes to bad-guy stuff. Dirtiest player in the league? Yeah. That's Dwyane Wade. Look no farther for The Next Bruce Bowen, because he's here and headed to the Hall of Fame. Rare that a player as good as Dwyane Wade would be as devious, as dirty, as Dwyane Wade ... but there we are.

Dwyane Wade is the most devious, the most dirty player in the NBA.

And I say that as a guy who fell (back) in love with Wade last season, during the 2012 NBA Finals, when Wade's family went through some trauma and Wade was reunited with his sons before Game 4 and he was hugging them courtside and I was getting goosebumps -- getting goosebumps, right now, thinking about it -- because there's nothing more beautiful or pure or likeable than a parent's love for his/her children. How can you not like Dwyane Wade after seeing that?

BERGER: LOOKS FAMILIAR
Heat reminds us of power
But at the same time, how can you like Dwyane Wade after seeing this?

Or this?

Or this?

The guy's dirty. He doesn't just foul people -- he hurts them. He hurled Rajon Rondo to the ground during the 2011 playoffs and Rondo suffered a dislocated elbow. He raked his arm down on Kobe Bryant's face and broke his nose ... during the 2012 All-Star Game. He kicked Ramon Sessions in the groin earlier this season and was suspended a game for that.

He's dirty, man. Dirty. Dirtiest player in the NBA? I think that goes without saying. Does anybody else have a rap sheet as long as Wade's rap sheet? Did I mention the forearm shiver to Lance Stephenson's head yet? That was in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals, and it was so bad, so dirty, that after studying it on film the NBA assessed Wade with a flagrant foul.

The NBA didn't suspend Wade for Game 3 because he's Dwyane Wade and that's the Miami Heat and suspending Wade for Game 3 might have thrown the Eastern Conference finals even further out of balance, and the NBA would prefer the Miami Heat to reach the NBA Finals. We all know that, right? That the NBA prefers the Heat (and LeBron James) to reach the NBA Finals? I'm not suggesting the referees would affect the outcome, but I am absolutely suggesting the NBA didn't suspend Dwyane Wade for smashing Lance Stephenson in the head because he plays for Miami, and he plays with LeBron, and the NBA would prefer the Heat reaches the NBA Finals.

Which brings me to Sunday night. Game 3.

The flop.

You saw the flop, right? Wade was under the basket, near the baseline, nowhere to go. Well, there was one place to go -- out of bounds. With Pacers big man Ian Mahinmi nearby, Wade threw himself out of bounds. He wanted the call, the foul, the ball. He got none of it.

I want a fine.

The NBA now fines players for flopping, and I want Dwyane Wade fined for that egregious flop on Game 3. I'd like him fined for the two or three flops he does every game, and even Miami Heat fans have to know what I'm talking about. Two or three times a game, Wade rises for a shot and a defender contests the shot, maybe even fouls him across the hand or arm, and Wade falls to pieces like a skeleton suddenly missing a pelvis.

All the bones come tumbling down because somebody touched Dwyane Wade on the forearm.

It's hilarious to watch, really, but not in a laughing-with-you sort of way. I see it and I'm laughing at you, Dwyane Wade, because it's pathetic for a player of your stature and skill to resort to such blatant cheating. And that's what flopping is -- it's cheating. Trying to gain an unfair advantage, help your team and penalize theirs, by getting a call you don't deserve.

Wade's a cheater.

Dirty, too.

These facts are undisputable. Someone had to say it, so I'll say it. And I'm not worried about being the bad guy anymore, because everyone knows who the bad guy is in this story.

He wears No. 3 for the Miami Heat.

Props to this guy for calling it like it is. :bow:

I put the videos in that he was referencing when it says, "Or this."

Wade has a history of being a dirty player taking shots at people, yet he continues to be treated like a 1st time offender every time.

You can add in the play where Wade throws the ball at Belinelli after the play as well. Nazr gets thrown out for pushing Lebron after the play, Wade gets a technical for throwing a ball at Belinelli after the play.

It's no secret that Wade can do whatever he wants without serious consequences. He berates the officials all game, flops, and takes cheap shots on players when they have the upper hand. I'm happy that one writer finally had the stones to go against the grain and call this POS out.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Lakerjones on Tue May 28, 2013 9:04 am

^^ That is such an awesome article. Right on point. Glad someone in the media is actually calling the guy on his dirty play. Everyone else seemingly is turning a blind eye to it.

:bow:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby thkthebest on Tue May 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Yes! I wish I can give that article a thousand likes. Wade's such a dirty player. I don't understand how anyone can be a fan of him.
thkthebest

Postby abeer3 on Tue May 28, 2013 8:27 pm

what's more important here: the whistle doesn't look so good when his namesake isn't working in his favor.

let's focus on his crappiness in addition to his poor sportsmanship. no need to be so narrow.
abeer3

Postby Ras Algethi on Tue May 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Awesome article, spot on. I actually dislike Wade a lot more than I do Lebron.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby CGrand81 on Tue May 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Lol it's an extremist article, really lopsided, when I think Wade I do not think "dirty" but that is just me. You can literally YouTube "insert players name" followed by "dirty plays", so the video just shows me he has some dirty plays on his résumé. YouTube Kobe's dirtiest plays, it's pretty bad I don't think Kobe is a dirty player.

Personally when I think of Wade, what comes to mind is Maimi, slasher, free throws, and 2006 finals where he was gifted a ring.
CGrand81

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue May 28, 2013 9:35 pm

B.S. Kobe has his quick chippy elbows to keep guys off his back but he does not do the s--t that Wade does, not even close. Wade has moved into same realm as KG at his worst.
LTLakerFan

Next

Return to NBA Discussion