East 1st round (4) Brooklyn Nets vs (5) Chicago Bulls

Re: East 1st round (4) Brooklyn Nets vs (5) Chicago Bulls

Postby Lqv2015 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Lil Nate is tearing the Nets to pieces. Amazing.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby Alexxander on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Woah, turns out to be the most exciting game of the playoffs so far.
Alexxander

Postby escobar8 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:43 pm

it looks like triple OT...

its good we never go after players like robinson and jr...they were both cheap...we need to aim on that type of players who can come from bench and score 20p...and even start if necesery...
escobar8

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:20 pm

Alexxander wrote:Woah, turns out to be the most exciting game of the playoffs so far.

Fun game with that triple OT!!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Forward Three on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:30 pm

These Playoffs, overall, have been pretty boring, but there have been some gems. Today was one such gem. Both teams played their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off, we saw ridiculous 'come up big in the playoffs' performances from Robinson, Evans, Johnson and of course Mohammed.

I couldn't help but feel like this loss was on D-will though. He kind of disappeared in the OT periods. Johnson and Lopez were driving the team more at that point and it just seemed like if Deron had been attacking the way he had been in regulation the Nets would have had a much better chance.

Of course that wide open three pointer missed by CJ Watson late in the 3rd Overtime had to have hurt as well, it turned what could have easily become a 4OT or 1-point victory into a desperate losing effort in the final seconds.

It happens so rarely that maybe it doesn't require a rule change but it seems to me that if a game is going into 2OT or more that the 6-foul limit should be raised to 7-fouls before being taken out of the game.
Forward Three

Postby Finwë on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Can't believe that THIS is the game I miss... S*** luck. Went to the movies, come out and see it went TRIPLE overtime? C'mon!
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:35 pm

the bulls have one helluva coach. look what they've done without derrick rose this year and a variety of banged up players.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:43 am

Chicago has saved the East several times , between this game and the 2009 series against Loston ...

Nate Robinson was MJ for one "half" and Noah is all heart playing on one foot ...

Watson is a hell of choker though
wcsoldier81

Postby XXIV on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:12 am

Imagine if Rose played in the third overtime. :man10:
XXIV

Postby Basketball Fan on Thu May 02, 2013 8:32 pm

The Nets have now forced a Game 7
Basketball Fan

Postby abeer3 on Thu May 02, 2013 8:48 pm

chicago just doesn't have anything left on offense.
abeer3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu May 02, 2013 11:31 pm

What are your takes on the D Rose situation ?

On one hand , I really don't think him coming back post ASG would have mattered when it comes to Bulls chances to beat the Heat ... on the other hand , I have a pb with him sitting while the rest of team has played their arses off all season long despite being depleted by injuries
wcsoldier81

Postby Scnottaken on Fri May 03, 2013 12:02 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:What are your takes on the D Rose situation ?

On one hand , I really don't think him coming back post ASG would have mattered when it comes to Bulls chances to beat the Heat ... on the other hand , I have a pb with him sitting while the rest of team has played their arses off all season long despite being depleted by injuries

Is he still getting paid for not playing when he's been cleared to play?
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri May 03, 2013 12:35 am

Scnottaken wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:What are your takes on the D Rose situation ?

Is he still getting paid for not playing when he's been cleared to play?

Sure
wcsoldier81

Postby Tobias Funke on Fri May 03, 2013 5:46 am

Rose disappointed me personally. Im not a Bulls fan really, but I do watch pretty much every game they play and cheer for them unless they're playing us ofcourse. I thought it was low to leak the info that he was medically cleared, but thats when I thought he needed another week or two or whatever to get his mind right.

Not its clear he's afraid to take the final step when he obviously has to do it sometime. They weren't gonna win the Finals, but other guys are playing hurt and he's physically healthy but cant get over the mental hurdle. It would've been a real moral boost for his team to see him back out there.

And as of a week or so ago, both Thibs and a few players basically said "If Derrick wants to go tonight we'll gladly take him", which IMO means they'd rather he be on the court.

Been too little too late for a while now, but its a shame he wasn't able to come thru for his squad regardless, especially after his brother ripped the team for not having enough help. I wonder if he still feels like they should have made a trade and battled thru finding chemistry with the new players, all while his physically healthy brother sits on the bench wearing Ralph Lauren instead of adidas..
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri May 03, 2013 3:42 pm

I was so frustrated at them giving this game to the Nets. Even with Nate sick and Deng going home they still had something there to beat them. The Nets are not that good.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Finwë on Sat May 04, 2013 8:56 am

SO, Game 7 tonight.
Who do you got?
I don't think the Bulls can't take this one. What's worse is that Deng is out and Hinrich is questionable:

Luol Deng wrote:On Wed I was taken to the ER and my symptoms indicated I may have meningitis In order to play on Thurs I was required to undergo a spinal tap

Luol Deng ‏@LuolDeng9 20h
As a result of the spinal tap I suffered the worst headache I've ever experienced and been the weakest I've ever felt.

Yesterday I was unable to walk or even get out of bed. I made it to the UC and was sent home. This morning my symptoms worsened.

Now I'm back in the ER where I may have to spend the night... I want my teammates and Bulls fans to know I would NEVER miss a game bc of flu

If I'm medically cleared I will fly to NY to be with my team and try to win game 7

Brian Mahoney ‏@briancmahoney 24min
Luol Deng still hospitalized in Chicago, out for Game 7 in Brooklyn. Bulls not ruling out Kirk Hinrich yet.

That's tough.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat May 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Bulls might take this one, it they keep the intensity up.

I doubt they can beat Miami four times, but they can take a game or two and scare the hell out of them.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Doc Brown on Sat May 04, 2013 6:24 pm

If the Bulls hang on and win this one, the pressure on D. Rose to come back and play vs. the Heat is going to sky rocket.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Sat May 04, 2013 6:35 pm

The Nets are pathetic if they can't beat this Bulls team, wow. They're running with Nate, Belinelli, Jimmy Butler?, Boozer and Noah as STARTERS, and the Nets are down double digits at HOME? With Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerlad Wallace, Reggie Ballgrabber, and Lopez? Seriously?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Sat May 04, 2013 6:44 pm

The Nets coming back really, really fast.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sat May 04, 2013 6:58 pm

They should come back, damn, how can you lose this series with a full team against half a team? Eh, whoever wins this is most likely a sweep for the Heat anyway.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat May 04, 2013 7:00 pm

chicago has a good head coach
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby karacha on Sat May 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Weezy wrote:They should come back, damn, how can you lose this series with a full team against half a team? Eh, whoever wins this is most likely a sweep for the Heat anyway.

The Heat might lose one if they get really unlucky and start missing all open shots. But yeah, you are absolutely right.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby CGrand81 on Sat May 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Noah is so ridiculously good, out works everyone on the floor, rebounds, defends, his offensive game is there, just a great player.

Got to give it to the Bulls, when Rose comes back and a few off-season additions they'll compete with anyone in the NBA.
Last edited by CGrand81 on Sat May 04, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CGrand81

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion