East 1st round (4) Brooklyn Nets vs (5) Chicago Bulls

Re: East 1st round (4) Brooklyn Nets vs (5) Chicago Bulls

Postby Weezy on Sat May 04, 2013 7:07 pm

This is UGLY, it's like a game of who can score the fewest points yet still win.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat May 04, 2013 7:11 pm

you're right...both teams a combined 1/12....now 2/12 lol.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby LakerFanIam on Sat May 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Weezy wrote:This is UGLY, it's like a game of who can score the fewest points yet still win.

They're basically competing for "who gets to be humiliated by Miami next."
LakerFanIam

Postby Weezy on Sat May 04, 2013 7:35 pm

Wow, Brooklyn, that's pathetic. I'd be selling the team if I were that Russian owner. Now they have to play the Heat with all these players out. :man10: I don't even think Rose would make a difference having not played an entire season.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat May 04, 2013 7:35 pm

what are the chances rose comes back and the sick guys come back and the bulls upset the heat
lakersyunowin

Postby Doc Brown on Sat May 04, 2013 7:40 pm

The Nets are stuck with this mediocre terrible team until 2016-2017. :man10: :man10: :man10:

Don't believe look at the contracts of their starters and how much they can't upgrade the team.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat May 04, 2013 7:42 pm

what if they get a better coach?
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Sat May 04, 2013 7:42 pm

I don't think Rose is coming back, I think he's genuinely not right mentally and might not want to come back with the pressure of adding real expectations to the team either. If he hasn't played by NOW, I can't see him playing until next season. Deng could probably come back though, and Hinrich I would think would be available at some point next series, if not for the start, and that matters quite a bit. With those 2 guys back I would think the games would at least be competitive, without them I see double-digit losses.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sat May 04, 2013 7:48 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:chicago has a good head coach

My favorite coach at the moment. The way he gets all his guys to step up and play with remarcable effort and intensity is pretty impressive. I love his defensive system, and despite the Bulls' offensive struggles, I think he's a good offensive coach, just needs some shooters and another scorer (ROSE???) IMO.

What a great win by the Bulls, and what a fantastic job by NOAH. That dude is awesome, crazy intense, doesn't back down, just keeps fighting. Great bball IQ too.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat May 04, 2013 7:49 pm

joe johnson 2-14. there's your problem. also you got a guy getting significant minutes in reggie evans who doesn't know the meaning of the word offense.

also joakim noah is a beast.
lakersyunowin

Postby Finwë on Sat May 04, 2013 7:50 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:joe johnson 2-14. there's your problem. also you got a guy getting significant minutes in reggie evans who doesn't know the meaning of the word offense.

Despite his label as "clutch" (he hit a couple game winners), IMO Johnson's a choker.
He was a total non-factor for most of this season, and this series.

His contract is beyond laughable.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby karacha on Sat May 04, 2013 7:59 pm

The Nets really failed. At least we had an injury excuse. Wow.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sat May 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Can you believe Noah though, 24, 14 and 6 freakin blocks in a game 7 still playing hobbled? And Belinelli goes from not playing to dropping 24 as well, crazy. I don't know if it's good coaching, good chemistry, or what, probably all of the above. But damn, Noah plays hard, I used to hate the guy because he beat my UCLA teams 2 times in a row in the tournament, but I just can't hate on him in the NBA.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Sat May 04, 2013 8:03 pm

Doc Brown wrote:If the Bulls hang on and win this one, the pressure on D. Rose to come back and play vs. the Heat is going to sky rocket.

If he can't mentally get up to get on the court for a few regular games at the end of the regular season or to give a moral boost to his team when more than half of the remaining the guys are sick, hurt or playing sick or hurt, then I have a tough time thinking he'll suit up vs Miami.

The sad part is I really dont think he truly gets that no realistic person expects him to be Derrick Rose when he first returns, whether its in the playoffs or for next season, otherwise he'd probably be back already.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat May 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Wow the Bulls was basically playing with half a team and still beat the Brooklyn Nets.
Jazzygirl205

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat May 04, 2013 10:04 pm

I suspect that Rose will come back a shell of himself. All this fear of playing in a public game, despite practicing for the team for half a year, and this talk about "no muscle memory" signals to me that his body isn't working as well as it used to. Remember that he was cleared to play months ago, so he's healthy by doctors standards. The only reason for the delay IMO is his disappointment in the way his knee is performing.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Tobias Funke on Sat May 04, 2013 10:20 pm

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:I suspect that Rose will come back a shell of himself. All this fear of playing in a public game, despite practicing for the team for half a year, and this talk about "no muscle memory" signals to me that his body isn't working as well as it used to. Remember that he was cleared to play months ago, so he's healthy by doctors standards. The only reason for the delay IMO is his disappointment in the way his knee is performing.

We'll Ive seen reports that he actually looks great physically and is dominating in practice, even dunking explosively off the previously injured leg. Some Chicago reporters have said he looks good, possibly even better than before the injury.

All mental IMO.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Frank Dux on Sun May 05, 2013 1:39 am

I can't help but admire this Bulls team, and quite frankly, I wish our Lakers had the same heart. Noah is an absolute monster. His motor, and heart is just incredible. I just love his "no excuses" style of play, it doesn't matter who else is on the court with him, you know he's going out 100%. Noah is the true MVP, and leader of that team. Just about every player on that roster impressed me. Nate Robinson played his butt off and was puking in game six.

Too bad their so called leader Derrick Rose is still a no show 3 months after being cleared to play. That entire Bulls roster is falling apart, while the healthiest guy on the roster is on the bench in a suit. Can you imagine if Kobe, Lebron, or *gulp* Dwight Howard pulled a Derrick Rose? They would be absolutely crucified.

If I were a guy like Deng, or Noah I wouldn't want anything to do with Rose.
Frank Dux

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun May 05, 2013 4:13 am

seriously, what's up with rose's mental block....
lakersyunowin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun May 05, 2013 4:47 am

Pathetic to see guys like Dwill and Johnson getting paid that much and passing up shots down the stretch all season long ...

Dwill " I'm open , Joe here you go take the open shot"
Johnson : " No thanks , your turn Brook , take the midrange J"
Lopez : " I'm afraid Noah is going to block my ish "

Wallace " I'm open , I'm open ! ... brick"
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Sun May 05, 2013 4:53 am

lakersyunowin wrote:seriously, what's up with rose's mental block....

I knew it was bad, but I didn't remember that he'd been medically cleared and has been practicing 5 on 5 since FEBRUARY. He's been practicing that long and still isn't ready to come back? Wow, that's gotta be all mental, and eventually you just gotta play.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Sun May 05, 2013 5:08 am

Woj did a write up that his sources are saying that Rose has long decided that he isn't returning until next season, but he's just been playing it out in the media as if there's a chance he might come back this season.

Tobias Funke

Postby lakefansac on Sun May 05, 2013 10:00 am

I have no problem with Derrick Rose being out the whole season. Everytime I think of knee issues I think of the guys below..

Anfenee Hardaway, Gilbert Arenas, Tracy McGrady, Steve Francis.
lakefansac

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion