East 2nd round (1) Miami Heat vs (5) Chicago Bulls

Re: East 2nd round (1) Miami Heat vs (5) Chicago Bulls

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:59 pm

^true but we were also known for having little respect for any of our opposition. I remember a great debate for Miami, during the streak, that they were saying just how Lebron has his guys ready every game and how they don't miss a beat or take any nights off. Plus, when others can't step up he steps up and does everything.

The Heat could run off 4 straight for sure because the team is that good but I'd personally love to see the Bulls pull off the upset. They better keep Rose out period.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon May 06, 2013 11:33 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
gill wrote:Tom Thibodeau = f'n good coach. The analysts can use "rust" as the Miami excuse for this but Thibs is running with pretty much a less than 100% roster... AND ARE COMPETING EVERY GAME!

Wait..... Did they say the "OMG greatest team ever" Miami Heat didn't play well because of "rust"? I am sure that all the pundits told me on all the shows that the great one does not allow his team to take nights off or have down games. weird.

Really what people don't ever talk about is that Chris Bosh is the reason the Heat won last year and if he is going to be out the Heat team will have issues, big issues.

:man13: :man13: .....errrr.....excuse me for the tongue thing.....but tell me more?? Didn't see the whole game and was not aware of an issue with Bosh.
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon May 06, 2013 11:44 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
gill wrote:Tom Thibodeau = f'n good coach. The analysts can use "rust" as the Miami excuse for this but Thibs is running with pretty much a less than 100% roster... AND ARE COMPETING EVERY GAME!

Wait..... Did they say the "OMG greatest team ever" Miami Heat didn't play well because of "rust"? I am sure that all the pundits told me on all the shows that the great one does not allow his team to take nights off or have down games. weird.

Really what people don't ever talk about is that Chris Bosh is the reason the Heat won last year and if he is going to be out the Heat team will have issues, big issues.

:man13: :man13: .....errrr.....excuse me for the tongue thing.....but tell me more?? Didn't see the whole game and was not aware of an issue with Bosh.

I didn't get to see the game either but checked in on the game and heard something about Bosh not playing. I think I misheard cause Bosh played 28 minutes. However, he did only go 3-10. So my bad for sharing a little misinformation I guess.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby kenzo on Mon May 06, 2013 11:52 pm

revgen wrote:The "rust" excuse was used in our favor when we lost to the 76ers in Game 1 of the 2001 Finals. We beat them 4 straight.

Could it apply in this case as well? Sure. But we'll see what happens.

This. We delt with the exact same thing 12 years ago... only difference being that we didn't lose to a team but to a "hot" AI :man9: Miami still wins this in 5 :bang:
If i was Chicago, i would trade Rose and let's say Hamilton to Boston for Rondo + Green :man12:
Last edited by kenzo on Mon May 06, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenzo

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon May 06, 2013 11:53 pm

^^^ (Puff) Oh....OK. Sorry about the tongue but really it's just silly emoticons. Not like whatever the hell was going on with Lin and Parsons in those gifs in the "more than bromance" thread.

:man4: :man3: :man3:
LTLakerFan

Postby kenzo on Tue May 07, 2013 3:23 am

I never visit ESPN page but did they even mentioned it? :man9: I bet this didn't get to front page
kenzo

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue May 07, 2013 3:40 am

Rust isn't a valid excuse here ...

First of all , rust can be a valid point for a 1st half performance , not a whole game.

Secondly , Chicago can't score enough points to put the opposite team in a big hole ... it's not like Miami played OKC , was down 20 points and fell short after a great 2nd half .

The game was very close and Heat totally got totally outplayed down the stretch ... this is has NOTHING to do with rust .

Chicago on and off ball defense is just a beautiful to watch ... body positions , helps , recovery , playing the % ... I truly think Noah got robbed of the DPOY award ... there is not another player who makes as multiple efforts as Noah on every single defensive possession during a game ... the guy is helping on the PNR, containing a potential drive then comes back to his man time and time again .

- Nathaniel and Italian Kobe have big cojones ... as for Lebron , as I said many times before, when Battier and Allen shoot like MWP and Jodie Meeks , he doesn't look so unstoppable .... the part the Heat supporting cast play in its success is majorly underrated by the Lebron lovers in the medias
wcsoldier81

Postby denimPortugal on Tue May 07, 2013 4:12 am

Huge win Bulls!! FUUU CHeat!
denimPortugal

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Tue May 07, 2013 7:36 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Lebron , as I said many times before, when Battier and Allen shoot like MWP and Jodie Meeks , he doesn't look so unstoppable .... the part the Heat supporting cast play in its success is majorly underrated by the Lebron lovers in the medias

QFT I agree wholeheartedly.
Daloyalfan18

Postby noobiew on Tue May 07, 2013 8:14 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Rust isn't a valid excuse here ...

First of all , rust can be a valid point for a 1st half performance , not a whole game.

Secondly , Chicago can't score enough points to put the opposite team in a big hole ... it's not like Miami played OKC , was down 20 points and fell short after a great 2nd half .

The game was very close and Heat totally got totally outplayed down the stretch ... this is has NOTHING to do with rust .

Chicago on and off ball defense is just a beautiful to watch ... body positions , helps , recovery , playing the % ... I truly think Noah got robbed of the DPOY award ... there is not another player who makes as multiple efforts as Noah on every single defensive possession during a game ... the guy is helping on the PNR, containing a potential drive then comes back to his man time and time again .

- Nathaniel and Italian Kobe have big cojones ... as for Lebron , as I said many times before, when Battier and Allen shoot like MWP and Jodie Meeks , he doesn't look so unstoppable .... the part the Heat supporting cast play in its success is majorly underrated by the Lebron lovers in the medias

Noah plays with all heart, pure hustle and energy every possessions, his style and energy rub off their entire team, offensively and defensively.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby escobar8 on Tue May 07, 2013 11:15 am

escobar8

Postby JSM on Tue May 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld wrote:Word out of Chicago is that Rose may suit up for Game 3, which will be played this Friday. Suiting up doesn’t guarantee that Rose will play, but being in uniform on the bench rather than donning a suit would be a step forward for the 24-year-old. Nothing has been confirmed at this point, but it’s a possibility.

The Bulls have taken a beating during this postseason. Kirk Hinrich is out with a calf injury, Luol Deng is sidelined with spinal tap complications and Nate Robinson is playing through pain after receiving 10 stitches in his lip in Game 1.

If Rose suits up in Game 3, he would be available in case of emergency. He hasn’t played since tearing his ACL in the first round of last year’s playoffs. Game 3 will be played in Chicago, so if Rose is able to suit up it would be in front of the home crowd.

Even if he only plays 5 minutes, the energy that he'll give his teammates and the crowd might just be enough to ensure them a game 3 win.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue May 07, 2013 6:29 pm

^I actually think bringing Rose in at all could be horrible for the Bulls. These guys play for each other right now but don't play through anyone. Rose comes back they'll change their game (possibly). It could backfire big time. Then again, it could be amazing too.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed May 08, 2013 12:07 am

I want the Bulls to win so bad but look for Miami to blow them out and Bron to go for like 40 and 10, then from there on they win on out. Would be nice to see the Bulls pull off an upset though.
Jazzygirl205

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed May 08, 2013 12:20 am

Focus should be on the Bulls players and how hard they perform on the floor every night since last November .. not on Rose ( and his camp) being terrible at communication .

As Wojo said , it's no secret within the Bulls organization Rose has decided to sit for the season ... why does he continue to say his return this season is "still up in air" publicly ?
wcsoldier81

Postby BDG on Wed May 08, 2013 12:36 am

I say Chicago should only consider playing Rose if Miami wins one in Chicago ... you don't want to mess with the momentum they have right now.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed May 08, 2013 2:39 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^I actually think bringing Rose in at all could be horrible for the Bulls. These guys play for each other right now but don't play through anyone. Rose comes back they'll change their game (possibly). It could backfire big time. Then again, it could be amazing too.

My thinking exactly.... Of course the Bulls are a better team with Rose than without. But if Rose does come down his timing and the rhythm of the team will be off because Rose will more than likely have the ball in his hands a lot.

I think the best case scenario would be for him to come off the bench and play limited minutes if he does make a return this season.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed May 08, 2013 8:44 am

God I hope Chicago takes Game 2, then it's

#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Finwë on Wed May 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Who's watching?
Good game so far. Chicago is doing great on offense, oddly enough. Miami is scoring much better than in G1's first Q too.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed May 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Lqv2015 on Wed May 08, 2013 4:49 pm

^^ :man10:

Like Kerr said, it's getting fun.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby Lqv2015 on Wed May 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Stupid refs, quit taking over games.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby Weezy on Wed May 08, 2013 5:41 pm

This is what I was expecting from game 1, huge Heat lead.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lqv2015 on Wed May 08, 2013 5:48 pm

Miami got this one. Looking forward to SAS/GS
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby Finwë on Wed May 08, 2013 5:50 pm

So, Miami takes care of business in GM 2.
Expected.

Games 3 & 4 in Chicago are going to be really interesting
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion