East 2nd round: (2) New York Knicks vs (3) Indiana Pacers

Re: East 2nd round: (2) New York Knicks vs (3) Indiana Pacers

Postby CGrand81 on Sat May 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Melo has not done anything in the 4th thus far, his 4 points scored (0 in the first 9 mins where IND gained their lead) is negated by his 2 idiotic turnovers that led in points for Indy, so yea he deserves blame along with everyone not named Shump/Copeland.
CGrand81

Postby CGrand81 on Sat May 18, 2013 7:51 pm

The Knocks gotta be one of the dumbest teams lol what are they doing :man10:
CGrand81

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat May 18, 2013 7:55 pm

I don't understand the Knicks, how did they make so many mistakes?

The Pacers are a really good team, they're not a big name team just a team that plays together and win. Much like the Memphis Grizzlies.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Basketball Fan on Sat May 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Pacers!!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Basketball Fan

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat May 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Please basketball Gods let there be a Pacers/Grizzlies finals **crosses fingers**
Jazzygirl205

Postby Weezy on Sat May 18, 2013 8:03 pm

Well, Go Pacers.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Basketball Fan on Sat May 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Please basketball Gods let there be a Pacers/Grizzlies finals **crosses fingers**

I'd love that I'd prefer the Pacers to win but I'd be cool with the Grizzlies since they have two Indiana products(three if you count Manning as minority owner)
Basketball Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Sat May 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Lance Stephenson reminds me of Tony Allen. Can't quite put my finger on it, except offensively both can attack, attack, attack, but can't shoot.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Legendary on Sat May 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Stephen A. Smith seems a little upset... :man3:

He doesn't want to "throw Hibbert a cookie" for blocking 'Melo.

C'mon, SAS (although he did give credit to Hibbert for his offensive output)...that Hibbert block on 'Melo turned the tide tonight IMO.

Doesn't really matter now though....does it?
Legendary

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat May 18, 2013 11:53 pm

The better team advances ... but there was some serious home cooking refereeing in this game , especially in the 4th
wcsoldier81

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun May 19, 2013 12:55 am

GOOD. I think Indiana will be tougher than Knicks for the Heat and am rooting big time for the Grizzlies to get there. Best front court in basketball and great team D and should give them all they can handle, especially if Wade is not 100%.
LTLakerFan

Postby Finwë on Sun May 19, 2013 10:07 am

JR Smith, aka the Knicks #2 offensive option and 6th man of the year, shot 28% from the field and 23% from 3 in this series. He took 15 shots a game and 6.5 3s a game, btw. He should get the most blame out of any player, considering what was expected of him.
Actually most of the players kinda sucked, in different degrees. Kidd was terrible, Chandler was a big no show in a couple of games..

Indiana was more consistent and tougher.
We'll see if they can make it a series against MIA.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun May 19, 2013 10:53 am

I didn't really watch much of the series, just wanted Pacers to win to be tougher for the greatest player in the history of the game and alternate universe's to be able to beat them.

I did see part of one game early though where Amare played. Did he get time in each game? What is his injury this time that he's been rehabbing from? Knee or knees again? Sorry just uninformed on all things Knicks.
LTLakerFan

Postby Finwë on Sun May 19, 2013 12:15 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Lance Stephenson reminds me of Tony Allen. Can't quite put my finger on it, except offensively both can attack, attack, attack, but can't shoot.

I don't know what his shooting % is, so this might be terribly off-base, but I thought Stephenson actually had a decent 3pt shooting stroke. I've seen him hit quite a few 3s in the Indy games I've watched.
No?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby keyindabox on Sun May 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Finwë wrote:JR Smith, aka the Knicks #2 offensive option and 6th man of the year, shot 28% from the field and 23% from 3 in this series. He took 15 shots a game and 6.5 3s a game, btw. He should get the most blame out of any player, considering what was expected of him.
Actually most of the players kinda sucked, in different degrees. Kidd was terrible, Chandler was a big no show in a couple of games..

Indiana was more consistent and tougher.
We'll see if they can make it a series against MIA.

This. Melo will always shoulder most of the blame, but the supporting cast was inconsistent all series and disappeared totally this game aside from Shump and Copeland. Also add a huge height advantage and that's a recipe for a lost series. Yeah he had bad moments in the 4th, but thats why you have teammates. They should be there to pick up Melo sometimes too, not only the other way around.

I don't understand people not seeing how the Pacers won this series. It's easy to see. Poor shooting plus lack of size along with some bad coaching and a little bit of of home cooking from the refs in Game 6 and its a no brainer.44 FTs to 18. Little fishy. But that ultimately didn't matter because the better team still won, period.

Regardless it is disappointing but was an overall good season. 50+ win season, division champs and outta the first round, all stuff that this franchise hasn't seen in well over a decade. Rome wasn't built in a day. We gotta learn from this series and get better next season. More height and getting rid of JR are first things that come to my mind.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby JSM on Sun May 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Knicks need to unload Stat for whatever pieces they can get. They need to get younger too. Getting six of the oldest players in the NBA was just asking for injury trouble and for them to eventually tap out.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby keyindabox on Tue May 21, 2013 7:34 am

JSM wrote:Knicks need to unload Stat for whatever pieces they can get. They need to get younger too. Getting six of the oldest players in the NBA was just asking for injury trouble and for them to eventually tap out.

Yeah and the worst part is that most of the older guys were the bigs on the team, Sheed, KT, Camby, etc. Pacers exposed that weakness. It's going to be hard to move STAT, and we don't have that much money available, so we'll see. This off-season is going to be too long :man5:

Otherwise, from listening to NY sports radio along with national sports talk, I'm happy Melo isn't getting all the blame. In fact, a lot of people are saying Melo, who while did have a bad 4th in Game 6, did the most of his share than anyone on that team. And that's true. I think the most important thing to note is that the whole off-season, Knicks were building their team to play Miami, but forgot about having to go through the Bulls and Pacers of the East, and that hurt us.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue May 21, 2013 8:45 am

Little flexibility cap wise for NY for the next 2 seasons ... hopefully Kidd and Camby will retire ( who would cost around 7.5 M next season)
wcsoldier81

Postby keyindabox on Tue May 21, 2013 11:54 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Little flexibility cap wise for NY for the next 2 seasons ... hopefully Kidd and Camby will retire ( who would cost around 7.5 M next season)

I kind of hope Kidd retires. He was great at times, but was just miserable during the playoffs.

I'm also torn on JR. He had a bad, bad playoffs, but if he is kept as the third scoring option instead of the second, he can be effective off the bench and we could keep him for cheap because he loves it in NY.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion