Re: ESPN First Take: Barkley Says LeBron Can Be Better Than Mike

Postby LakRfAn on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:52 pm

I think he's right

LeBron can be better than Mike
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Well if everyone is intellectually honest about it, his chances of surpassing without any question Michael Jordan's career body of work are extremely slim. You have to do that to be "better" than him Chuck.

Not to mention, as others have stated, MJ in his prime one on one with James would eat him up. So would Kobe.

Talking "primes" here and with that the constant smack thrown at him and backed up. I don't think he is in their league with mental toughness. Soon as any of the match started to have a negative turn for him under national media coverage (a given) they would be on him like sharks with a bleeding meal in the water.
LTLakerFan

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:04 pm

It depends on what is "better"

In terms of overall just talent on the floor. He could be a far better regular season guy. He has the ability to guard every position on the floor, is a better passer, and if he improves his jumper can be a better scorer.

I never see lebron having those jordan legendary moments in the playoffs...at least with having two superstars backing him because it will be rare he'll get enough opportunities to do it. I also don't think he has the mindset for it.

If accolades are in to question he could surpass him on number of MVPS, titles, defensive player awards stuff of that nature.

Overall I never see lebron ever taking over the legend of jordan and to be honest the fact he changed his number means he doesn't want too in the first place.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:21 pm

^^^ Lebron had to change his jersey number before going to Miami because Miami retired their number 23 for Jordan in '03.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Return to NBA Discussion