ESPN First Take: LeBron Better Than Michael?

Re: ESPN First Take: LeBron Better Than Michael?

Postby Congo Cash on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:23 am

I find it disgusting that they are even debating this and I hate MJ...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby Ring It Up on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:No. He does have a chance to be if he can maintain, maybe even raise, his level of play and stay healthy.

No he doesn't. Stop it. LeBron will NEVER even come close to MJ or Kobe's level of greatness.

You seem pretty confident in that statement. I have learned never to say never. And what are you basing your opinion on?
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Ring It Up on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:36 pm

dj vitus wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:No. He does have a chance to be if he can maintain, maybe even raise, his level of play and stay healthy.

He's gonna have to "ring it up" not 1, not 2, not 3... but quite a few more times.

I would agree that he needs a few more titles. That's why I said if he can maintain or possibly increase his level of play. Although the structure of a player's team has a lot more to do with winning titles than their greatness or level of play. I am sure Kobe and MJ would testify to that.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:16 pm

LeBron is in his prime right now. He's not going to get better. And the Lakers are going to be really tough the next few years. If he doesn't win for two or more years, will the Heat have it in them to win a few more when Wade is beaten up by a few more finals? It looks unlikely that LeBron will win more than a couple IMO.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Weezy on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 pm

I feel one more thing needs to be mentioned, lockout shortened season. A championship is a championship I know, but to bring up the question of LeBron being better than MJ when he's won one championship, and that one championship didn't even come in a regular 82 game season, come on, ridiculous.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Knowledge1776 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:25 am

Weezy wrote:I feel one more thing needs to be mentioned, lockout shortened season. A championship is a championship I know, but to bring up the question of LeBron being better than MJ when he's won one championship, and that one championship didn't even come in a regular 82 game season, come on, ridiculous.

I agree that the comparisons are premature and even out of context. However, the 66 gm card is horrific. Everyone had the same amount of time to prepare and the 82 game season is not nearly as taxing because no one plays 3 gms in 3 days.
Knowledge1776

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:30 am

Knowledge1776 wrote:
Weezy wrote:I feel one more thing needs to be mentioned, lockout shortened season. A championship is a championship I know, but to bring up the question of LeBron being better than MJ when he's won one championship, and that one championship didn't even come in a regular 82 game season, come on, ridiculous.

I agree that the comparisons are premature and even out of context. However, the 66 gm card is horrific. Everyone had the same amount of time to prepare and the 82 game season is not nearly as taxing because no one plays 3 gms in 3 days.

You are right everyone had time to prepare but a season like this played more into the hands of the young teams. I don't put an astrix on any Championship so the Heat won fair and square. However, I wouldn't be able to simply gloss over the fact that the season was built for the young guns. If the Heat can back it up next year with a regular season with all the teams on even playing field then I'll be more impressed. The MJ comparisons are just stupid at this point but what do we all expect from sports media?
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Dyeggoo on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:34 pm

I wonder why people forget that LBJ entered this league as an instant superstar whereas Kobe had to work really hard and long to achieve that.
Kobe has small hands, he's constantly injured, there always are players who are faster, stronger than him, shoot better, play better D, but somehow it is him who is mentioned in the same sentence with the greatest to have stepped on the court. He achieved greatness. Lebron got it on a plate.
Dyeggoo

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion