ESPN First Take: LeBron Better Than Michael?

ESPN First Take: LeBron Better Than Michael?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:39 am

Hell no!
Kobe8Fan

Re: ESPN First Take: LeBron Better Than Michael?

Postby nameant on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:49 am

:man10: He's the GOAT...definitely.
nameant

Postby KB24 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:57 am

Heat fans are debating this too...

amazingly the general consensus there is "LeBron is already ahead of Kobe in NBA history...is he also ahead of Jordan?"

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:58 am

Clearly. Michael was nothing compared to guys like Lebronze and Wade. Kobe - the same.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Thenextgreat on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:31 am

:man10: Those guys are entertaining
Thenextgreat

Postby gcclaker on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 am

Unbuhleevahbohl.... :man10: James is a physical marvel but, oh man, I don't even know what to say.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 am

And yet Dwight Howard and Steve Nash amount to the 3rd best team in the West...

Obvious agenda is obvious.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:54 am

I actually have stopped really watching these fools now. Its about their images more than actual sports reporting. How pathetic they are.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby John3:16 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:35 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I actually have stopped really watching these fools now. Its about their images more than actual sports reporting. How pathetic they are.

co-sign. I watched them pretty regularly for 2 months and then Jalen Rose tore Baseless a new one and showed how pathetic they are. It's just them arguing to be arguing now. I can't stand Baseless. I respect Screamin A. Smith's insider info, because he definitely has players giving him info. But the show is trash.

Seriously, how many times can they argue about Tebow?
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:43 pm

John3:16 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:I actually have stopped really watching these fools now. Its about their images more than actual sports reporting. How pathetic they are.

co-sign. I watched them pretty regularly for 2 months and then Jalen Rose tore Baseless a new one and showed how pathetic they are. It's just them arguing to be arguing now. I can't stand Baseless. I respect Screamin A. Smith's insider info, because he definitely has players giving him info. But the show is trash.

Seriously, how many times can they argue about Tebow?

Yea, when I see it now I think it is nothing more than a sports tabloid show. I mean they didn't talk about Kobe's last Olympics, Durants crazy scoring, Melo's sick game, The USA Runner breaking his damn leg and finishing the first leg of the 4x400..... Yes, all have passed now but they didn't. Instead they lead with Tebow taking his shirt off, Vanessa wanting to be married to a winner, everything Lebron. Whats worse is that they just talk over each other and play the schtick more than any real discussion. Hell I was watching PTI and JA Adande spent most of the time just talking over Wilbon the entire show.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Well, at least somebody out there hasn't forgotten that Kobe exists and has had a better career than LeBron so far, even if it's Skip.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:05 pm

To say that Lebron is ahead of Kobe in his career is laughable. Kobe's longevity is unmatched and how quickly people forget how dominant prime kobe was.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:37 pm

I used to post this picture last year and once this year when people were saying Lebron was the greatest when he was averaging roughly 30ppg, 5ast, 5 reb in the playoffs:

Y LeBron shouldnt be mentioned with Kobe. KOBE AT 22!! YRS OLD --> http://twitpic.com/59e79h via @twitpic

"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:56 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: how many of those can I do? Man, these offseason discussions are getting way to insane ...
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby JSM on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:20 pm

For this to even be brought up as a topic between any two human beings is pure blasphemy.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:02 am

Ofcourse he isnt but when you go deeper into it, it makes the discussion quite tricky.

Nobody has seen anyone do what Lebron has done/is capable of doing ( mainly the fact that he can defend all 5 positions and do it well ). The issue he has is that the general consensus on him is that he isnt a clutch performer. Where as the book on Jordan is that he never ever missed a bucket down the stretch.
But Lebron is capable of doing so much and has so many years ahead of him to add titles that there is a good chance that 10 years from now, he could be viewed as the greatest ever, by shear weight of numbers.

By the end of his career he could very easily have 40,000 career points....10,000 career assists and rebounds. To go with a FG% above 50% in an era where FG%'s are down from what they used to be ( I think ).
5+ MVP's and however many Titles is end sup with to go with 2 Olympic Golds and various ASG MVP's.

Right now, the folks who say he is better ( or better than Kobe ) are jumping the gun. But he has enough games and time on his side that he could surpass everyone when he hangs them up.
bumrusherer

Postby strikemode14 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:23 am

After seeing the video it wasn't as outrageous as neither skip or stephen a. smith thought bron was close to jordan or kobe.

Smith did make a small point saying take them out who is the next....and skip couldn't answer...only b/c he doesn't know b-ball....Me personally I am taking shaq, magic definately before bron , maybe kareem, hakeem, and wilt lol.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby The Rock on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:40 am

How can you call him better than Kobe or MJ when he makes like 17% of his shots outside the paint?? Come on

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby BadCoaching on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Ridiculous..
BadCoaching

Postby Ring It Up on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:30 pm

No. He does have a chance to be if he can maintain, maybe even raise, his level of play and stay healthy.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby dj vitus on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Ring It Up wrote:No. He does have a chance to be if he can maintain, maybe even raise, his level of play and stay healthy.

He's gonna have to "ring it up" not 1, not 2, not 3... but quite a few more times.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Booo I was gonna post this lol, too bad I have a habit of overlooking stuff :man11: If he can maintain his conditioning especially in his leg/knee area then he has a shot to surpass them both, I think he can do it, he just has to just keep working on his game as he gets older. Lets hope he doesn't fizzle like his teammate Wade.

LeBron hasn't come across any bad injuries, and I'm pretty sure he's heard about that knee treatment, Kobe, Drew and A.Rod have gotten, so he has all the supplies in front of him to put himself in a position to do so.

However I don't think it's fair to put him ahead of Kobe and MJ just yet.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Ring It Up wrote:No. He does have a chance to be if he can maintain, maybe even raise, his level of play and stay healthy.

No he doesn't. Stop it. LeBron will NEVER even come close to MJ or Kobe's level of greatness.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby ZenMaster4President on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:37 am

bumrusherer wrote:...mainly the fact that he can defend all 5 positions and do it well...

Stop. Just stop.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby LakeShow85 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:04 am

It's not just about numbers. Jordan and Kobe will go down as the two best wing players of all time. Lebron will NEVER compare. He may however go down as one of the top small forwards in history. I think Robertson, Bird, and Pippen will always be better, because it's not just about the numbers. These guys dominated the league respectively. Lebron has not dominated the league, to the point of being literally unstoppable. WhaMagic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Tim Duncan, etc. all have done.

I mean if Lebron is soo much better than Kobe, then why is he not head and shoulders above him? Whereas Kobe has dominated the league while Lebron was in the league. It can be argued that even at his age, people would take Kobe over Lebron. To be fair, Lebron's overall stats are better than Kobe and Jordan, but what he lacks is killer instinct and that fear factor. People were and are still scared of Kobe in the fourth when he's hot, he literally becomes unstoppable, the same can be said for Jordan, Bird, and Magic. Lebron will go down as an all-time great, but he will never be in the conversation, with Jordan, Bird, Magic, or Kobe.
If it doesn't matter who wins then why do they keep score?
Is it possible to have 2 G.O.A.T.'s
LakeShow85

Next

Return to NBA Discussion