Espn just reported Paul Silas is to coach cavs - Link inside

Espn just reported Paul Silas is to coach cavs - Link inside

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat May 31, 2003 11:36 pm

Source - http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0531/1561533.html

The Cleveland Cavaliers have offered their head coaching position to Paul Silas, league sources told ESPN.com, and Silas will accept the job, possibly as soon as Monday.

That lines up Silas, fired by the New Orleans Hornets on May 4, to be LeBron James' first pro coach.

Silas, sources said, is the Cavaliers' choice after the club conducted two interviews each with Silas and ex-New York Knicks coach Jeff Van Gundy. ESPN.com reported Friday that Silas was the leading candidate entering the weekend, despite persistent speculation that Van Gundy would soon be hired.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:26 am

It's all startin to fall into place... Coaches are gonna start all ova again, and hopefully this time they can lead them to the promise land.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:37 am

Well, I wonder now where Van Gundy will end up... hmmm...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:44 am

Maybe an assistant? Or back to television! lmao! :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby ZenMaster on Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:11 am

Nah, I think Van Gundy will head to Houston....Larry Brown to Detroit...Maurice to Philly...and Carlisle to Portland...damn, am I on a merry-go-round or what?...I'm getting dizzy... :man10: ...but we shall see what happens.

But I am very glad for Paul, it's quite an opportunity...plus Lebron could use a fatherly figure like him to show him the way. The Hornets players all reportedly loved playing for Mr. Silas and got along great with him...he was the glue that held that team together all the way through everything, what with the death of Bobby Phills, the whole moving to New Orleans deal, etc. etc. And for him to get the boot only two days after the playoffs ended was truly classless on the Hornets' brass' part. I am truly happy for Paul that he got the Cavs' gig and wish him much success. :jam2:
ZenMaster

Postby Reddy on Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:28 am

Is this year an NBA or sports history record for coaches getting fired or resigning? A lot of new leaders are going to be placed with a lot of new players next year. However, I really feel Maurice belongs in Portland, he had such a terrific bond with the players and the team.

I also think silas and lebron are an interesting bond. silas is pretty experinced and can lead the talented rookie, so i think they will have success..
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:15 am

To me a majority of these decisions are just GMs trying to cover their backs and put the blame on someone else. The Silas firing is a joke. That Hornets franchise is a poor excuse for a franchise.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Return to NBA Discussion