Everyone hates Ray Allen

Everyone hates Ray Allen

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:01 pm

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2001861515_sonicsreport20.html

Notebook: Ex-teammate Thomas threatens to choke Allen

By Percy Allen
Seattle Times staff reporter

What is it about Ray Allen that provokes his former teammates into making violent threats against the Sonics' guard?

First it was Glenn Robinson, with whom he shared the court in Milwaukee, who threatened bodily harm after comments Allen made years ago.

The two squashed their apparent feud, as evidenced by last night's embrace at half court before the game against Philadelphia.

But halfway across the country, Tim Thomas, another former Allen teammate in Milwaukee, told reporters in New York that he would choke Allen when he saw him again.

Apparently, the newest Knick is bothered by comments Allen made at the All-Star Game. Reporters asked Allen why Thomas didn't thrive in Milwaukee.

Allen candidly responded, which caused Thomas to return the verbal assault.

"The years when we first got in the playoffs in Indiana, those guys were lost," Thomas told the reporters. "Sam (Cassell) and Glenn, too. Those guys were nowhere to be found. And that's why I got paid — bottom line.

"They were supposed to be the Big Three, but they didn't exactly turn into the Big Three when the big-time action came around, which is the playoffs. Being All-Star caliber may mean a lot, but people look at what you do in the playoffs to judge you, and they didn't show."

Cassell telephoned Allen when he read Thomas' comments on the Internet, and the two shared a laugh.

"All I said was, Tim didn't produce in time for Milwaukee, and that's why he got traded," Allen said last night. "They expected so much more out of him, and he didn't give it to them."

Allen said he didn't take the threat seriously.

"If the guy can't take somebody saying the truth about him, then what are you?" Allen said. "You just want yes-men around you all day long? That's what it seems like he wants, yes-men to say, 'Tim you're great. You're doing this and that.'

"Nah, that's not the case. Tim was getting paid $10 million a year, and he's only averaging 13 points a game. That's not good enough. I don't care how you look at it. I think he got in the New York media, and he tried to make excuses for everything he didn't do right."
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby BDG on Fri Feb 20, 2004 6:23 pm

Ray Allen's got a big mouth on him. He's the goody-two-shoes of the NBA.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Jamaican Lakerfan on Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:03 pm

He may be a goody-two-shoes...but he is right.
Jamaican Lakerfan

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:38 pm

ray allen is COO I HATE SAM CASSELL, he's anti-straight.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby FirstLady on Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:02 pm

Lakermagic wrote:...he's anti-straight.

Image Hilarious!

I like Ray. "He got game!"
:jam2:
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby @ on Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:20 am

FirstLady wrote:Image Hilarious!

I like Ray. "He got game!"
:jam2:

HA !!! This is what I just wanted to write, "HE GOT GAME" !!!!!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

"If you don't believe in yourself, nobody else will"
- Kobe Bryant

...There is no beginning or end...

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift...
:bow:
@

Postby shaqpak34 on Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:21 am

ya ray allen is right in making thos comments, and he IS a great player, i like to watch him play except when he against htem lakers
shaqpak34

Postby nosebleedbum on Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:11 pm

Ray is righteous in saying what he did. Since "everybody" here constitutes two selfish SOB who put themselves way ahead of their team, let them hate Ray. He's well liked with "every" body else. He's a real professional.

On tim thomas- ex teammate Cassel even said that thomas never got it done because he always had an excuse. I suppose Timmy is going to choke little sammy too.
nosebleedbum

Return to NBA Discussion