Faried/Shumpert swap being discussed?

Faried/Shumpert swap being discussed?

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:49 am

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/400689949848399872

J.R. Smith is starting & Iman Shumpert could be departing. I'm hearing Knicks-Nuggets continue to discuss an Iman for Kenneth Faried trade.

Pau is probably the happiest person to hear this right now haha Faried always gives him problems

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Re: Faried/Shumpert swap being discussed?

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:50 am

Works for both team I guess, although Shumpert has more ceiling to me. Kid just needs to stay healthy.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Knicks and Nuggets Talking Shumpert and Faried Swap

Postby juninho on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:51 am

Talks between the Knicks and Nuggets centered around a deal that would send Iman Shumpert to Denver for forward Kenneth Faried have intensified in recent days, the Daily News has learned.

According to a league source, no deal is imminent, although the struggling Knicks feel they need to make a move to bolster their banged-up front court.

Tyson Chandler is out at least one month after breaking his leg last week while both Amar'e Stoudemire and Kenyon Martin have been placed on a minutes restriction because if their health.

Shumpert, a former first-round pick, has fallen out of favor with both head coach Mike Woodson and owner James Dolan. And with J.R. Smith promoted to the starting lineup at shooting guard for Wednesday's game against the Atlanta Hawks, Shumpert will likely lose his starting spot once Chandler returns.

Faried, a native of Newark, N.J., is an undersized power forward but his work rate makes him one of the NBA's top rebounders.

The Nuggets have been a long-time trading partner of the Knicks dating back to Dolan's decision to move Marcus Camby for Antonio McDyess. Of course, the Knicks most famous deal with Denver was the blockbuster deal to acquire Carmelo Anthony.

The Knicks considered signing free agent forward Louis Amundson last weekend before he signed with New Orleans on Monday. In order to sign Amundson the Knicks would have been required to release a player but elected to pass.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-nuggets-talking-shumpert-faried-swap-article-1.1515508
juninho

Postby kenzo on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:30 pm

But, but... Peace said Shumpert is the best SG in the league :man9:.why would they trade him... :man12:
kenzo

Postby MadMax on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:35 pm

Pretty damn early in the season to already be making trades, isn't it?
MadMax

Postby escobar8 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:44 pm

why would den do that...
faried is double double machine...he is much much better version of j.hill...active guy,with mad athleticsm who will do dirty job...
shumpert is ok...unconsistent but overal good defender...but he looks to me injured to often...
faried is their best big man...i would rather keep him...and try to trade someone else like,miller,randolph or jj hickson...
escobar8

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Interesting that they look to trade faried right when mcgee goes down.

also, I hope this doesn't happen, but I saw someone suggest asik for shumpert on the espn boards. Works pretty well for both teams, though Shumpert may be repetitive with parsons and harden there.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:38 pm

escobar8 wrote:why would den do that...
faried is double double machine...he is much much better version of j.hill...active guy,with mad athleticsm who will do dirty job...
shumpert is ok...unconsistent but overal good defender...but he looks to me injured to often...
faried is their best big man...i would rather keep him...and try to trade someone else like,miller,randolph or jj hickson...

Faried is an undersized PF. Super athletic, but he's not much of a defensive player. Great rebounder, great finisher.

Won't McGee out, I think they'll be looking for bigger PF/C now.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Denver loses that trade if it's straight up. Faried's athleticism and motor are absolutely constant.

But whatever. It's not going to make either team a whole lot better.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:11 pm

I can see why the Knicks would want Faried, but why would the Nuggets want Shumpert?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:42 pm

time to pick up Hickson on my fantasy squad if this deal goes thru
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:44 pm

I've had Hickson already waiting for this to go through. :man1:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Doc Brown wrote:I can see why the Knicks would want Faried, but why would the Nuggets want Shumpert?

Woj says Denver told the Knicks to take a hike.

@WojYahooNBA 1h

Denver has made it clear to Kenneth Faried's reps: There are no active talks involving him. Knicks offered Shumpert. Denver rejected idea.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby abeer3 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:51 pm

sounds right. although I do think faried is overrated on both ends of the floor (i'll pay Jordan hill less to do similar things, thanks), he's worth more than shumpert.
abeer3

Postby noobiew on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:15 pm

escobar8 wrote:why would den do that...

Because Denver want to tank this season and get Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker or Julius Randle ! :man9:

Damn, nowadays so many teams want to tank for the next year deep draft. :man10:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby laakers on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:20 am

I think Shumpert has the tools to become a really good player... Great defender, clean jumpshot, athletic as hell.
laakers

Postby purp n gold on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:48 am

I don't understand for a minute why Denver does this.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Return to NBA Discussion