Francis

Francis

Postby Guest on Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:05 am

Anyone see Stevie Franchise jump OVER Baron Davis ? That was very impressive!

Postby Musttang87 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:13 pm

dude steve has a amazing overall game, he can rebound, pass, score, play d, AND FLY. but van gundy doesnt like him very much, he says he has way too many turnovers and bad shots. i think his crazy but i dont think he should have made the allstar team over sam cassell.
Musttang87

Postby lakerfanimal on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:50 pm

he jumped OVER him? wtf how?
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:50 am

This is a one-dimensional topic...very minor nonetheless...so here let me expound about Steve Francis: Underachieving with Jeff Van Gundy

okay, yes he did jump over B. Diddy, but if you look at Francis's stats this season they're very pathetic

16.8 points on 39.9% shooting, 29% threes, not a good passer for a PG...but hes been contributing in Stevie-Franchise like ways. For one thing, hes playing defense better with 1.62 steals a game, and hes still turning the ball over, and he still can rebound like hell and jump the barnyard and be very athletic. And hes still a floor general. But don't you get the impression that hes forced under the restraint of Jeff Van Gundy's offense?...Running the ball through Yao Ming..doing less pick and rolls and getting more open jumpers. Francis is meant to hit open shots, but hes more perceptive at creating his own or attacking the basket. With Yao at the paint thats hard to do. Van Gundy has changed Francis defensively, but his stat numbers are down, and he, Cat Mobley and Yao Ming are very similar in statlines. The Rockets make for one of the worst offenses in the league. They can't really score, they need someone to step up, and in a season supposed to honor Rudy T., nobody has, not even the "Franchise." What went wrong now? Think before you consider.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Return to NBA Discussion