From Bad To Worse: Clippers' Chris Kaman Out For Pre-season

From Bad To Worse: Clippers' Chris Kaman Out For Pre-season

Postby BDG on Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:33 pm

Clippers' Kaman May Miss Entire Preseason

The Los Angeles Clippers may be without first-round pick Chris Kaman for the entire preseason due to the 7-foot center's back injury.

Kaman suffered a herniated disk in his lower back sometime during the summer, according to the Los Angeles Times. The former Central Michigan standout continued to experience tightness in his back last month.

Drafted sixth overall by the Clippers last June, Kaman was projected as a possible replacement for Michael Olowokandi as the team's starting center. Free agency saw the Clippers lose three of its starting five in Olowokandi, point guard Andre Miller and small forward Lamar Odom.

Kaman, 21, is listed as day to day, but general manager Elgin Baylor declined to say when Kaman will be ready to play. "It depends on how he's coming along," Baylor told the Times. "It depends on what the doctor and the trainers decide, and how Chris is feeling."

The Clippers' other centers on the roster include Melvin Ely, a 2002 lottery pick also mentioned as a candidate to start, 38-year-old Olden Polynice and Wang Zhizhi.

New head coach Mike Dunleavy called the injury a "setback" for Kaman, who figured to get plenty of playing time in the preseason to prove himself worthy of a starting spot.

Kaman has continued to work out to stay in shape but, under the Clippers' orders, has not played 5-on-5 basketball since mid-August.

"It would put anybody behind the 8-ball, especially someone coming into his first year and not knowing what to expect," Kaman said. "I haven't been able to do anything because they want me to stay away from contact until they know it's good."

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1622640

If Kaman is ALREADY having back problems as a rookie, I'd like to see how long he lasts banging every night down low.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby zetaw00d on Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:34 pm

The Clippers are cursed!!!!! He will have an on goin problem with his back!!!!
zetaw00d

Postby SWOL on Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:04 pm

THE CLIP JOINT AND ELGON ARE MORONS, WHY IN THE HELL DID THEY DRAFT THIS LOP ANYWAY, THEY ARE NOT CURSED THEY ARE IDIOTS, STRAIGHT [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] CRACK HEADS
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby BDG on Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:06 pm

They blow their picks almost every year...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SWOL on Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:09 pm

EVEN WHEN THEY DONT THEY WALK OR TRY TOO ANYWAY (POOR COREY AND ELTON THEY REALLY TRIED TO LEAVE) I MEAN ANYONE COULD GET LUCKY IN THE DRAFT EVERY NOW AND THEN
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:50 pm

TJ FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby TheZen on Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:20 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:TJ FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously...I mean TJ got some mad skills on him, and i didn't really hear much about Kaman through the whole NCAA season until draft day came around...
TheZen

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:22 pm

TheZen wrote:
rydjorker121 wrote:TJ FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously...I mean TJ got some mad skills on him, and i didn't really hear much about Kaman through the whole NCAA season until draft day came around...

they shoulda taken tj ford when they had tha chance...

THEY ARE PITIFUL! They jus keep pickin big floppy guys who will become busts in tha NBA...maybe Wilcox will be good...
FabFourLakers

Postby TheChamps on Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:20 pm

The Clippers are embarassing.
Championship-Quality Posting
TheChamps

Return to NBA Discussion