Garnett sure seems confident

Garnett sure seems confident

Postby Lakerqueen on Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:20 pm

Has anyone else noticed that Kevin Garnett sure seems confident this is the year they will get past the first round? The thing they need to realize is that one game is not going to change the next 5.... I don't know what anyone else thinks, but maybe he should watch getting over confident.
Lakerqueen

Postby Reddy on Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:42 pm

yep
we all know how this series is gonna come out
but he sure looks way too confident
and over confidence can hurt you bad if you dont watch it
its like the kings, getting too hostile when youve got no ring, that aint right
but again, wolves never got outa dah first round
and garnett just wants it soooooooo bad, so does the wolves franchise
but they had bad luck drawing us after some great season
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby MIKEDOG on Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:48 pm

You cant get on this guy for being onfident!! He is the leader of that team. What would you want him to do lay down and let the Lakers run all over them??? He knows that they do not have a chance of winning the series, but he cant just give up!! I am a die hard Laker fan, but come on give KG the respect he deserves!! :man7:
MIKEDOG

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:08 pm

MIKEDOG wrote:You cant get on this guy for being onfident!! He is the leader of that team. What would you want him to do lay down and let the Lakers run all over them??? He knows that they do not have a chance of winning the series, but he cant just give up!! I am a die hard Laker fan, but come on give KG the respect he deserves!! :man7:

There's a thin line between being confident and being arrogant, and KG is lookin a lil' arrogant for someone who has been eliminated in the 1st round for the past 5 years or so. Sure it's good to have someone who's confident but at the same time he's lookin more and more arrogant cuz he hasn't been past the second round. :bang:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FirstLady on Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:36 pm

I like KG. You can't knock a guy for being confident. Remember, Kobe-haters say the same thing about him and you all are jumping all over them for saying it. Let the man try to convince himself and his teammates that they will prevail.....we Laker fans know the real! :man12:
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:49 pm

FirstLady wrote:I like KG. You can't knock a guy for being confident. Remember, Kobe-haters say the same thing about him and you all are jumping all over them for saying it. Let the man try to convince himself and his teammates that they will prevail.....we Laker fans know the real! :man12:

But Kobe never told players that he has a team mate that's the "KG" (or what ever player) stopper...KG told Kobe that Peeler is the Kobe stopper and wussup with that??? KG is just tryin to get in the Lakers' head, and tryin to boost the "confidence" of his team. He's bein a lil' too cocky, but we'll see what happens in Game 3 tonight... :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:19 pm

It's ok, Garnett is a very talented player, and he has alot of faith, but talking trash is where I lost respect for him. And I can't wait for tonight (Game 3) for Kobe to show people just how "stoppable" he is :man12:

Good job Garnett, thanks for extra boost of motivation :man7:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Reddy on Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:39 pm

I read on espn magazine
when kobe was a rookie
garnett called him everyday to help him develop league style techniques
i dunno if thats true, but if it is, garnett's kind :man10:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:45 pm

Well if you read it on an ESPN Mag. it should be true lol... I dunno if that is true, it might be...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:55 pm

Read another article about KG and Kobe and the 1998 All Star Game. Says Kobe was nervous and KG was the one who calmed him down.

Of all the players in the NBA, you know who Kobe Bryant respects more than any of them?

"K.G.,'' he said.

Yep, Kevin Garnett.

"He's my man right there,'' Bryant said. "There's a lot of love.''

The love goes back to Bryant's second season in the league. He was playing in his first All-Star Game, and K.G. took him under his wingspan.

"There was all this hype, and K.G. came to me and said, 'Run with me. I'll get you involved.' He threw me a lob, and I dunked it. He patted me on the back and gave me that big smile of his. It relaxed me,'' Bryant said.

"Once he got that first basket, I knew he'd be cool,'' Garnett said. "Since then he's played with that confidence.''

So, now you know. It was Garnett who stoked the flame that still burns white-hot in Bryant.

"Since that day, I've loved Kevin,'' Bryant said. "If I have an older brother in the league, besides Shaquille (O'Neal), it'd be K.G.''

At this year's All-Star Game, Bryant wanted to, as he put it, "return the favor." He made sure Garnett got the ball as much as possible, and K.G. was selected the game's most valuable player.

"He deserved it,'' Bryant said. "He's great, man.''

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincitie ... 685783.htm
NawlinsLakerFan

Postby Reddy on Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:15 pm

well then
kg's a kind man :man10:
and a great player too
its nice to see kobe return the favor
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy