George Karl Accuses Andre Iguodala Of Being A Turncoat

George Karl Accuses Andre Iguodala Of Being A Turncoat

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:06 pm

By Royce Young | NBA writer
November 29, 2013 9:45 am ET

Remember how Mark Jackson called the Nuggets out last postseason for what he perceived as "dirty play," citing a Denver mole that fed him such information?

Here's what Jackson said following Game 5:

"They tried to send hit men on (Stephen Curry), but I give them credit... There were some dirty plays early. It's playoff basketball; it's all right. Make no mistake about it: we went up 3-1 playing hard, physical, and clean basketball, not trying to hurt anyone.

"I have inside information that some people don't like that brand of basketball, and they clearly didn't co-sign it so they wanted to let me know that they had no part in what was taking place."

There were a lot of ponderings about who the insider could be, but former Nuggets coach George Karl thinks he knows, and he doesn't have any doubts. Via Dave Krieg:

Q: Do you think Andre Iguodala was Mark Jackson's “mole”?

A: No question.

Q: Does that bug you?

A: I just think that's media hype. I mean, that series was not a physical series. Everybody wants to be more aggressive with the guy kicking your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], so . . . .

Q: The media didn't say it. Jackson said it.

A: I thought Mark had a lot of tricks in that series that were bush- . . . I don't know. I don't know what they were. Almost high-schoolish. They were beneath the NBA level. And they might have worked. They might have motivated his young team in a good way. You know, he'd announce a starting lineup and start another guy. C'mon, man. You think we're not ready for that?

The twist in the story is that Iguodala eventually spurned the Nuggets and signed with the Warriors in free agency, further adding to the smoke.

Duhn, duhn, duhnnn.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... riors-mole
Kobe8Fan

Re: George Karl Accuses Andre Iguodala Of Being A Turncoat

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:15 pm

That's really getting "out there" to come out and say that even if he believes it. Has any coach ever called a former player a "mole" before? :man4:
LTLakerFan

Re: George Karl Accuses Andre Iguodala Of Being A Turncoat

Postby Sirron on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:10 pm

moles and Iggy are both ugly
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Return to NBA Discussion