Glen Rice to Clippers? and other news....

Glen Rice to Clippers? and other news....

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:23 pm

Yep....the old washed up rug whose wife gained total control over him is at it again. The ironic thing about this rumor is, although the Clips have extreme interest at him, doesn't his wife hate LA...that's why he left in the first place? Anyway, he's a downgrade from Piatkowski in my opinion. Pitakowski's irreplaceable and if his pure shooting replacement is the old man who used to be good, AKA Glen Rice, then you're in for some down time. This guy is still useful but he lately got injured with the Rockets and he's basically the only vet on the team other than Polynice and the coach Dunleavy.

Also the Minnesota T-Wolves signed Reggie Slater to a contract. He plays tough, works hard, and can score down low. Other than that, he's a supreme Euro talent.

Also the Spurs have signed Shane "The Hammer" Heal, making him one of those midget Aussies to reinstate with the league again. He is only in the preseason camp roster and may be an adequate replacement for Steve Kerr. He's also an old man, so you know.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Guest on Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:41 pm

If Rice signs with the Clippers, him and Piatkowski are pretty much trading spots.

Let me remind you, Rice put up 9 ppg last year as a backup. He was clutch for them and put up 25 on the Clippers...He is useful. Put him in a starting role and he could put up 15 a game.

Drobnjak put 25 on the Clippers and they wen't after him, Rice put 25 on the Clippers and they're offering him a contract. Rice worked out with the Clips Sunday night and was happy. If they sign him the Clippers stating lineup would look like this.

C: Predrag Drobnjak - 9 PPG
PF: Elton Brand - 18 PPG
SF: Corey Maggatte - 16 PPG
SG: Glen Rice - 9 PPG
PG: Marco Jaric - 7 PPG

All 5 are really expected to do big things this year. With a new excellent coach in Dunleavy and all the players locked down, I can't see why you guys don't have a positive attitude toward the Clippers.

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:52 pm

er hrm.. Richardson is gonna be THE STARTER over that washed-up- old man
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby JSM on Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:13 pm

Also, The Suns sign Marbury to a 4 year contract extension.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1633005
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:59 pm

yea basically the rockets shoulda traded rice for piatkowski

and rice wont start for the clippers

but if he gets signed thats a good pick up for tha clippers i guess...
FabFourLakers

Postby jordan10304 on Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:28 am

Posto wrote:If Rice signs with the Clippers, him and Piatkowski are pretty much trading spots.

Let me remind you, Rice put up 9 ppg last year as a backup. He was clutch for them and put up 25 on the Clippers...He is useful. Put him in a starting role and he could put up 15 a game.

Drobnjak put 25 on the Clippers and they wen't after him, Rice put 25 on the Clippers and they're offering him a contract. Rice worked out with the Clips Sunday night and was happy. If they sign him the Clippers stating lineup would look like this.

C: Predrag Drobnjak - 9 PPG
PF: Elton Brand - 18 PPG
SF: Corey Maggatte - 16 PPG
SG: Glen Rice - 9 PPG
PG: Marco Jaric - 7 PPG

All 5 are really expected to do big things this year. With a new excellent coach in Dunleavy and all the players locked down, I can't see why you guys don't have a positive attitude toward the Clippers.

Sorry man, but there is no way that Glen Rice is going to start. It doesn't matter what team he ends up with. He's just too old and slow to handle a starting position. And of course he will end up getting injured sometime throughout the season. I'd say he'll be better off back on the East Coast if he wants to try and be useful.
jordan10304

Return to NBA Discussion