GLEN RICE WON THE GAME vs the MAVS!

GLEN RICE WON THE GAME vs the MAVS!

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:08 pm

It looked just like the Lakers vs Kings series!!!! Except Glen hit a 2 and won the game!!! OMG! 100-99!!! Wasn't that the Lakers score too? :man3:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:43 pm

I saw that too..Antoine Walker and Steve Nash went a combined 1 of 4 from the line during crunch time...but the Clippers just got lucky because it was like Robert Horry, hitting that desperate shot after two desperate missed shot attempts....but a great win nonetheless especially from a 22-point comeback
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby lakerchris2004 on Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:07 pm

I guees the Mavs just can't get a break in Staples. No matter who they're playing!!! :man10: :man10: :man10:
"Throw it down son!!!"- Bill Walton
lakerchris2004

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:21 am

That's what's funny about it... Cuz the Clipps sent Nash to the FT line and he bricked both free throws at the end... I was like, WTF!! :man10:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:33 am

Yes it was-- same score!

It was EXACTLY like the Lakers-Kings WCF 2002 Game 4 (except Rice's shot was a 2 pointer)

Their players miss their shots inside, the opposing team tips it out to the arc, Glen Rice is waiting right there (a la Robert Horry) and he drains the jumper to have his team win 100-99.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:09 pm

I was watching... VERY COOL... however, not cooler than Big Rob's shot I must say hehehe :man11:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:20 pm

wow when i saw that shot, and that whole play and how it turned out, i jus brought back that great game where robert hit that 3, and i can PROUDLY SAY i was AT that game when robert drained tha 3 to save tha lakers!

wow so brand(acting as kobe) mishandles tha ball and he shoots a desperation fade away shot, he misses, q-rich and maggette(acting as shaq) fight for tha tip and antoine walker(acting as vlade) slaps tha ball back towards a WIDE OPEN Glen Rice(acting as Horry) and he DRAINS IT at tha buzzer! wow i actually got EXCITED watchin this game! major steal at home for tha clippers! whats funny is that he also hit that shot in tha SAME building and on tha SAME HOOP horry hit it on! man that hoop is jus good luck for anyone who takes a last second shot! and wow what coincidence tha score was tha same too! 100-99! and watchin them celebrate tha way they did, jus made me happy for tha "JV Team" of los angeles...they definetl fought hard, and to make it even more ironic, they were down by as many as 22, jus like tha lakers were down by as many as 24!!! and they fought back and won tha game! man dallas is gonna be thinkin about that one for a long time
FabFourLakers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:43 am

Great analysis FabFour. Man, I was actually screamin throughout the game, and when G-Money was on target I was like OMG, WTF!! I was yellin like if I was watchin a Lakers game. Hey, the Clipps stole a victory, and if we beat the Mavs we'll have a Staples sweep :mhihi:

I can't believe the Clips had it in them to nail one in the clutch... Freakin Rice... He's amazing..
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:29 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Great analysis FabFour. Man, I was actually screamin throughout the game, and when G-Money was on target I was like OMG, WTF!! I was yellin like if I was watchin a Lakers game. Hey, the Clipps stole a victory, and if we beat the Mavs we'll have a Staples sweep :mhihi:

I can't believe the Clips had it in them to nail one in the clutch... Freakin Rice... He's amazing..

what made tha game so unique is that tha clipps were playin bad basketball tha previous 3 games, and tha mavs was tha 2nd game of a TOUGH back to back(kings tha previous night, mavs tha next night), and they were down by 20+ points and NEVER gave up, im tellin u if this was last year they woulda lost by 40...but this clipper team NEVER gave up and this was a good "comeback" game for Brand, who hasnt had an ELTON BRAND game yet till tha mavs game...and CHRIS WILCOX is tha future of this clipper team...he showed ALOT of heart and showed no signs of pressure in tha waning moments...he brought that team back, and marko jaric created plays like a true PG, and Maggette CAME BACK after i thot he would be out for a ccouple weeks after that bad ankle sprain...and man G-Rice hit that Horry shot and i went bezerk! i coudltn believe what i saw when it went in! it truly brought back tha emotion of tha Kings/Lakers game in game 4....
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion