Good News For NBA TV

Good News For NBA TV

Postby BDG on Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:44 pm

Three Cable Systems to Add NBA TV

NEW YORK, NY, September 29, 2003 – Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications and Cablevision Systems have entered into multi-year agreements with the National Basketball Association for distribution of NBA TV, the league’s 24-hour network, it was announced today by NBA Commissioner David Stern, Time Warner Cable Executive Vice President of Programming Fred Dressler, Cox Communications Vice President of Programming Bob Wilson and Cablevision Senior Vice President of Digital Project Management Kristin Dolan.
Beginning next month, Time Warner Cable, Cox and Cablevision will begin to make NBA TV available to their cable customers. NBA TV – the definitive television destination for everything basketball featuring original programming, four nights a week of live NBA games including high-definition telecasts, Playoff games, WNBA games, exclusive coverage of special events and the most comprehensive highlights and up-to-the-minute information – will be offered to the more than 22 million customers of the three companies.

NBA TV is now available to 45 million U.S. homes and in 30 countries.

“Time Warner Cable, Cox and Cablevision are among the most powerful players in the cable industry and NBA TV’s added cable distribution marks a significant milestone in the development of the network,� said Stern. "Since NBA TV’s launch four years ago, we have been committed to providing television viewers with unparalleled access to our game, and these alliances allow millions of additional fans to enjoy the most comprehensive and authentic coverage of the game they love."

Read More: http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/three_cable_systems_030929.html

Good news for yall with cable... I'm stuck with Dish Network though.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:07 pm

but is it still free like it was before or will I have to pay $350 a year?

Postby BDG on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:12 pm

I'm pretty sure its still free. League Pass is what costs all that money...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:16 pm

Hell yeah and it's beginning next month. Lots of big games are gonna be seen on NBATV this year.

Hopefully it's free. I use Time Warner.

Postby BDG on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:20 pm

Yeah, this season is HUGE. Probably because this was one of the greatest off-seasons ever... there's gonna be some interesting matchups when we get started.

BDG
Retired Admin

Re: Good News For NBA TV

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:21 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Three Cable Systems to Add NBA TV

NEW YORK, NY, September 29, 2003 – Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications and Cablevision Systems have entered into multi-year agreements with the National Basketball Association for distribution of NBA TV, the league’s 24-hour network, it was announced today by NBA Commissioner David Stern, Time Warner Cable Executive Vice President of Programming Fred Dressler, Cox Communications Vice President of Programming Bob Wilson and Cablevision Senior Vice President of Digital Project Management Kristin Dolan.
Beginning next month, Time Warner Cable, Cox and Cablevision will begin to make NBA TV available to their cable customers. NBA TV – the definitive television destination for everything basketball featuring original programming, four nights a week of live NBA games including high-definition telecasts, Playoff games, WNBA games, exclusive coverage of special events and the most comprehensive highlights and up-to-the-minute information – will be offered to the more than 22 million customers of the three companies.

NBA TV is now available to 45 million U.S. homes and in 30 countries.

“Time Warner Cable, Cox and Cablevision are among the most powerful players in the cable industry and NBA TV’s added cable distribution marks a significant milestone in the development of the network,� said Stern. "Since NBA TV’s launch four years ago, we have been committed to providing television viewers with unparalleled access to our game, and these alliances allow millions of additional fans to enjoy the most comprehensive and authentic coverage of the game they love."

Read More: http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/three_cable_systems_030929.html

Good news for yall with cable... I'm stuck with Dish Network though.

dawg i feel ya i have dish network too i f'n hate it! We switched from cox to dish, iw as so mad...its cuz my mom wanted to watch all the Indian and Paki channels...im sick of that ish!

IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET NBA TV FROM DISH WITHOUT PAYING?!
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:22 pm

I don't think so sadly. Does your Dish move slow when it changes channels and does it take a long time to load the info from the guide?

I WANT MY NBA TV.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:24 pm

Dish and DirecTV are a bunch of moron swindlers...I have it at my other house and there cable wen't out on my box and they wanted to charge me $75 to come look at it.

Plus $20 for a remote. Then they put you in a contract where if you get out of it it's your life. 900 channels and 800 of them you have to order. They think of every way possible to take all your money..

Postby BDG on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:31 pm

It's not like Time Warner's any better though. Before Dish Network, I was with them and their cable box messed up on my TV and would pop out whenever it wanted to. I got terrible reception and it pissed me off. That's when the switch was made to Dish Network.

Hopefully they'll start to expand NBA TV and put it on Dish and Direct TV too.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:36 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:It's not like Time Warner's any better though. Before Dish Network, I was with them and their cable box messed up on my TV and would pop out whenever it wanted to. I got terrible reception and it pissed me off. That's when the switch was made to Dish Network.

Hopefully they'll start to expand NBA TV and put it on Dish and Direct TV too.
\

YEA WHEN THEY DO THAT I WILL BE IN COLLEGE!
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:41 pm

Hope your dorms get cable then!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:58 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Hope your dorms get cable then!

SURE HOPE SO! if i go to UC davis, i'll be aight cuz my brother goes there and has an apt and has cox digital cable so its all good homie!
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion