A good thing about the Clippers and Lamar Odom...

A good thing about the Clippers and Lamar Odom...

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:28 pm

Letting go of Lamar means more playing time for Quentin Richardson. More PT will increase his confidence and he can become a star. He has the potential to average 18-20 points a game...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:09 pm

Hahaha...I think tha Clips should get someone good out of free agency at the very least...if we can't get Jim Jackson then maybe the Clips can! They have so much money...they should also bring Vlade Stepania to LA. :man11:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Re: A good thing about the Clippers and Lamar Odom...

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:10 pm

Roscoe wrote:Letting go of Lamar means more playing time for Quentin Richardson. More PT will increase his confidence and he can become a star. He has the potential to average 18-20 points a game...

Yes this is true. Richardson has all tha potential to avg 18ppg...but tha player that is going to benefit most from Lamar's departure is COREY MAGGETTE. He is going to have a break out year...i say he'll avg around 20ppg, 7rpg and 4apg

As for Q-Rich, he'll avg bout 14-16 ppg...and Brand will be that 20/10 guy
FabFourLakers

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:52 pm

richardson is pretty damm good too... the year before last season he averaged like 14 points off the bench or something?
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Guest on Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:59 pm

Stephan Jackson, probably the biggest shooting guard on the list still has no home. The Clippers should keep Maggatte at SF and give Jackson a contract at SG. He averaged 11 ppg in his rookie season and absolutely tore up the Lakers all last year.

Clippers have $11 million to play with. Dunleavy said a couple days ago he was given the nod to look at free agents, and Jackson doesn't care about the team, just money. Clippers got money.

I personally think they should go get Stephan Jackson and Predrag Drobniak. He's a solid center, dropped 30 on the Cippers last year.

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:01 pm

y would they need jackson... richardson is better then him and they already have him on the team...
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:50 pm

The Clips should at least get Stepania...hard to think that they almost got Gilbert Arenas....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:22 am

i think the clippers should jus stand pat and work with what they already got! they dont neeed the thug named stephen jackson, he wouldnt be that good in LA, he needs a Kevin Garnett/Tim Duncan type player to play with so he can hit wide open treys and not contested treys.
FabFourLakers

Postby Roscoe on Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:24 pm

Nawh, they should get someone like Jason Terry who could handle the point. As of now, the Clippers do not have any playmakers on their team and Terry would fit right in. Jaric or Dooling are not well known playmakers. And if the Clippers overpay Terry just a little bit, maybe Atlanta won't match the offer. He could get the Clippers over the hump and into the playoffs...

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Guest on Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:50 pm

Marko Jaric is an awesome playmaker, did you see him come off the bench last year?

He can shoot the lights out and is very quick. This will be his break-out season, just watch. I wen't to 5 Clipper games last year, he's gotta be one of the ugliest guys in the NBA, but his talent makes up for his looks.

Jaric, Q Rich, Ely will come through this season.

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:33 pm

Go Marko!

Seriously, though...Marko's an outstanding player. He can shoot, attack and pass the ball like a playmaker...he has great potential and especially since he's like a veteran on the court, being used to winning championships in Yugoslavia

He's a totally underrated player and should break out this year and take the starting PG spot...he was probably the only good draft pick the Clips have had in a while
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Guest on Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:41 pm

Better draft pick then Olowakandi in 98 and Odom in 99?

I think this is Jaric's 3rd year. He already has the starting PG spot if the Clippers don't sign a free agent. I don't know why the Hawks still haven't locked down Terry, Clipps should offer him a contract, they can offer way more then the Hawks.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:27 am

Posto wrote:Better draft pick then Olowakandi in 98 and Odom in 99?

I think this is Jaric's 3rd year. He already has the starting PG spot if the Clippers don't sign a free agent. I don't know why the Hawks still haven't locked down Terry, Clipps should offer him a contract, they can offer way more then the Hawks.

yea good question whats happenin with jason terry?

they havent said anything about him

i dunno if the clippers should get another scoring guard...i say they were better off with tha likes of jeff mcinnis, i think Marko is great PG and he would think pass first which is a must down in LA
FabFourLakers

Postby Roscoe on Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:37 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:

i dunno if the clippers should get another scoring guard...i say they were better off with tha likes of jeff mcinnis, i think Marko is great PG and he would think pass first which is a must down in LA

Jeff McInnis was a scoring guard and so is Marko...

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:10 pm

Roscoe wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:

McInnis didnt score as much as Andre did tho...and Marko is a distributing point guard, meaning he can get assists and points respectively
FabFourLakers

Postby Roscoe on Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:59 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
Roscoe wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:

McInnis didnt score as much as Andre did tho...and Marko is a distributing point guard, meaning he can get assists and points respectively

McInnis did score more than Andre...

McInnis: 14.6ppg.
Miller: 13.6ppg.

The big difference between McInnis and Miller are assists. Andre averaged almost 7 assists per game, and McInnis only averaged 2 a game...

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:10 pm

Roscoe wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:
Roscoe wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:

McInnis did score more than Andre...

McInnis: 14.6ppg.
Miller: 13.6ppg.

The big difference between McInnis and Miller are assists. Andre averaged almost 7 assists per game, and McInnis only averaged 2 a game...

whoa..mcinnis avg that many?! i dont remember him avg 14.6...i gotta check his stats again! dang 14.6?! thats more than lamar avg that year! Dang so i guess they are better off with a scoring pg?
FabFourLakers

Postby Roscoe on Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:13 pm

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:13 pm

actually u are wrong about mcInnis:

yes he did avg 14.6 in tha year 01-02...but in tha 2 years he was with LAC, he avg:

12.9 ppg and 5.5 apg in 00-01
14.6 ppg and 6.2 apg in 01-02

so basically his scoring avg was 1 point more than andre, and his assist avg was one assist LESS than andre, but the clippers did better with mcInnins running the point...aaccording to their record that is
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion