Grant Hill trade(rumor)

Grant Hill trade(rumor)

Postby Shaq Fan on Sun Aug 03, 2003 5:47 pm

I have heard a rumor from the sportsRUMOR section that the Magic are considering trading Grant Hill to the Nuggets for players to be named. It said that the Magic staff said for how much money they are giving Hill he has not been doing nothing on the court.

Would you do this trade if you were GM of either team?

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby BDG on Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:36 pm

Grant Hill can't be considered a player anymore. He's just a walking, living, breathing contract. I'm sorry, but he gets injured EVERY season and never plays a damn game. He's a waste of cap space and should hang up his shoes. It's sad, he was a good player.

The Nuggets would have to be the stupidest team to trade players in their young, healthy lineup for a washed-up, useless, has-been like Grant Hill.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby echo nation on Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:59 am

id want hill jsut for the cap relief

the guys a great player if he healthy.. even tho he never is, for the eventual cap relief its worth the risk
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:51 pm

the team most likely to do a trade for hill is ATLANTA knowing them... :man9:
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby echo nation on Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:03 am

i really hope that somehow he comes back tho

sure he wont be what he used to be

but the past couple of seasons when he did play.. even tho he couldnt put much on his ankles... he did put up rather good numbers
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:05 am

It's like whenever he steps on the court he gets injured... He's not even worth the bother anymore... He was good, but this is a waste... :man5:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:23 pm

LaKeRsDyNaStY wrote:the team most likely to do a trade for hill is ATLANTA knowing them... :man9:

you know what you are so right. THey would prolly dismantle their roster, and re-sign jason terry, then trade him to tha magic with shareef abdur rahim for grant hill and maybe someone like andrew declercq
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:12 pm

THE SALARY CAP IS STUPID....WHEN TEAMS ARE TRADING FOR CRIPLED PLAYERS SOMETHING IS AMISS
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby echo nation on Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:02 am

the Cap is good

w/o the cap we'd be selling our cars to but laker jerseys

hey if youre smart and know how to play the system then go for it
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby BDG on Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:48 am

if there was no cap, it'd be that the richest owner wins the title every year... trust me, we need the cap... look at the yankees and baseball!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SWOL on Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:21 am

im not saying we dont need a cap....im saying there needs to changes to it so that people arent trading for retired players (Terrell Brandon) and criples (Grant Hill).....its not a hard cap anyway so the owners most willing to pay luxury taxes gereally win more Portland is an exception because thier GM is infatuated with criminals and overall bad dudes....they need to make some ajustments.....its stupid that Orlando got no cap relief for Grant Hill :man7:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby echo nation on Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:56 pm

the cap is tricky

i think it works well for now...
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby JSM on Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:27 pm

If I were the Magic I would be trying to get rid of Hill, I don't know why the Nuggets would want him besides the fact that when his contract is up they will get cap room, but who would they be willing to give up just to get Hill.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:40 pm

swolswol wrote:im not saying we dont need a cap....im saying there needs to changes to it so that people arent trading for retired players (Terrell Brandon) and criples (Grant Hill).....its not a hard cap anyway so the owners most willing to pay luxury taxes gereally win more Portland is an exception because thier GM is infatuated with criminals and overall bad dudes....they need to make some ajustments.....its stupid that Orlando got no cap relief for Grant Hill :man7:
yeah... I see what you're saying now. They just have a sitting, untradeable conract on their bench and they can't do anything about it. He's eating up their cap room. They need to make a rule that makes exceptions toward injuried players like Hill.

BDG
Retired Admin

Return to NBA Discussion