u guys think that lebrOn will b in the all star...

brOn in all star?

yes
66%
no
33%

Total votes : 24

u guys think that lebrOn will b in the all star...

Postby magicmoment on Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:57 pm

do u guys think that lebrOn will get to be in the all star game?
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:59 pm

Definitely not, but he'll make the Rookie All-Star game.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby noxcel on Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:07 pm

noo....
noxcel

Postby NBN on Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:11 pm

hell yea.. he is ILLLL. =0
bball
NBN

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:54 pm

r u kidding? yes he will be an all star...if yao ming can be an all star avg 13 and 8 last year and lebron ISNT an all star avg 20 6 and 6, then there is something wrong with tha NBA...

im surprised lebron hasnt gotten more votes in tha eastern conference guards...but lebron should be an all star no doubt...tha boy is only 19 and hes puttin up numbers not alot of players in tha NBA are today...

Lebron=All Star

i also think carmelo should be an all star only cuz denver is doin good and at LEAST one player from their team should be an all star
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:19 pm

He's listed as a Guard on the ballots.

He's not gonna have a chance of beating out McGrady, Iverson, Kidd, Pierce, Baron Davis or those other guys...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby shaqpak34 on Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:24 pm

ya and all of china wont be voting for him
shaqpak34

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:05 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:He's listed as a Guard on the ballots.

He's not gonna have a chance of beating out McGrady, Iverson, Kidd, Pierce, Baron Davis or those other guys...

he wont be a starter...he'll be a reserve....Tmac, Iverson, Kidd, Davis, Pierce and Bron will all be all stars, and tha rest will be J Oneal, VC, Wallace, Artest, Martin, and either Richard Hamilton, Zy, or JAMAAL MAGLOIRE
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:09 pm

After thinking it over, you might be right-- but LeBron will be an 11th or 12th man on that squad.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:10 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:After thinking it over, you might be right-- but LeBron will be an 11th or 12th man on that squad.

based on what fans wanna see...i think he'll get some PT

i hope he does...hes better than Pierce and Carter already...in my opinion that is...VC definetly should NOT be starting...it should be b diddy ivo and artest...ya i said it ARTEST, NOT T-mac
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:11 pm

VC is overrated. The only reason he's starting is because he's a good dunker.

LeBron isn't better than Pierce at this stage though... no way.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:46 pm

Sadly all the hype convinces fans he deserves to be in the all star game, which he doesn't.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby SWOL on Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:24 pm

i think he'll get in with the votes, he is av 20/6/6, even if he doesnt he deserves to be there
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby crucifido on Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:23 am

If he was in the West - no he's not an all-star.

But since he's in the NBA Farm System (the East), yes he's an all-star - not a starter but defintiely on the squad.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:00 pm

crucifido wrote:If he was in the West - no he's not an all-star.

But since he's in the NBA Farm System (the East), yes he's an all-star - not a starter but defintiely on the squad.

well i dunno, tha west all stars as of now could be like this:

Shaq Duncan Garnett Kobe Francis Payton Dirk Stojakovic Yao Malone CARMELO and either Ray Allen, Brad Miller, Antoine Walker, Elton Brand, Sam Cassell and Latrell Sprewell...

if u add Lebron to that mix, he has played every game so far and hes avg 20 6 and 6, Carmelo might not even make it to tha all star game even tho he should...but guys like allen and brand who could easily be all stars have been injured most tha time, but who knows, Malone and Carmelo are not guaranteed to make that all star team, tha first 9 i named prolly will make it GUARANTEED...tha last 3 spots on that west all star team are very much up in tha air...its hard to deny cassell's spectacular year and sprewell too, and hard to deny tha numbers Allen and Brand have put up since comin back from their injuries, and also tough to not look at Brad Miller's numbers, avg about 15 10 and 5 which are SOLID numbers and nobody expected him to do that in Sacramento....and Walker is doin a decent job down in Dallas even tho their record isnt too good, hes at bout 17 9 n 5, which is not bad for his first year in dallas and first year out west...

who knows? all i know is LEBRON can be an all star this year no doubt...
FabFourLakers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:16 pm

Nope... He'll make the rookie game though. The NBA needs him to participate somehow because they'll look stupid if they don't. He's been marketed so much that they do in fact need him. He wont make the all-star lineup though, that's WAAAAY too far fetched. But u never know, cuz it's who the fans wanna c.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:46 pm

realm_of_shadows wrote:Sadly all the hype convinces fans he deserves to be in the all star game, which he doesn't.

tHis oughta answer the question
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby lakerfanimal on Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:53 pm

he'll make it, but not starter, i think the all star lineup gon lok like this- wallace, jermaine o neal, paul pierce, iverson, and j kidd or baron davis
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:40 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Nope... He'll make the rookie game though. The NBA needs him to participate somehow because they'll look stupid if they don't. He's been marketed so much that they do in fact need him. He wont make the all-star lineup though, that's WAAAAY too far fetched. But u never know, cuz it's who the fans wanna c.

did u read my post bout who will make tha east all star team?

there is NO WAY lebron WONT be an all star unless they named Richard Hamilton Jamaal MAgloire AND Lebron's OWN TEAMMATE who is NOT tha best player on tha cavs, ZYDRUNAS to tha all star team....
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:26 pm

LAKERGYRL IS TO LEBRON WHAT SHAQFAN IS TO KOBE.....YOU WONT CONVINCE HER OTHER WISE, JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE MAN
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby JSM on Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:35 pm

well according to the most recent all star balloting results, he will be in the all star game

CL's Daily News: Vince Carter of Toronto (1,629,169) and Kobe Bryant of the Lakers (1,333,262) are the top vote-getters in their conferences.

Carter and Jermaine O'Neal of Indiana have the most votes among Eastern Conference forwards. The leading guards are Allen Iverson of Philadelphia and Tracy McGrady of Orlando. Cleveland rookie LeBron James is fourth, behind Jason Kidd of New Jersey.

Ben Wallace of Detroit leads by more than a million votes at center.

In the West, the leading guards are Bryant and Steve Francis of Houston. The two top forwards are Kevin Garnett of Minnesota and Tim Duncan of San Antonio.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:21 am

swolswol wrote:LAKERGYRL IS TO LEBRON WHAT SHAQFAN IS TO KOBE.....YOU WONT CONVINCE HER OTHER WISE, JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE MAN

is that on tha SAT?
FabFourLakers

Postby señorita on Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:21 am

I dont want Lebron to be, but I think he will. He has a lot of fans, and people are crazy for him right now. But he WILL NOT BE A STARTER. He'll be on the team but not play as a starter. Do you honestly think he can beat Jason Kidd, T Mac and Paul Pierce for the starting position? Don't think so. Might be a possiblility, but I don't see it happening. Besides.. he's too overrated. He may have skills, but he's still overrated. Hmph.. Nike droppin millions to his acct. I don't like Lebron, but I admit he's a very talented player.
señorita

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:46 am

swolswol wrote:LAKERGYRL IS TO LEBRON WHAT SHAQFAN IS TO KOBE.....YOU WONT CONVINCE HER OTHER WISE, JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE MAN

U mean Lebron is to me what Kobe is to Shaqfan :man7: U didn't word that correctly...

But I dont know what ur tryin to get at because I do want Bron to do well in this league... We're the same age (19) and he's doin darn good. But he's not doin anythin for his team, just for himself. I'm not sayin he's a ball hog or anything, it's just that the Cavs dont make the playoffs, then he's not worth braggin so much about. Sure he's still young and all, but dayam, leave the poor boy alone. Let him breathe.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby señorita on Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:25 am

True. Look at Carmelo Anthony, he may not have the highest stats, but look what he's doing for his team. He may not be shining as much, but his team is. He's doing whatever he can for the team to succeed, not for himself. (Nuggests were 9-28 around this time last season, but now theyre 22-16)

LeBron, may be one of the greatest rookies, but to say he really is the best then he has to bring his team somewhere. (Around this time Before: 8-30 Now:11-26) Not much difference is there? Time will tell. Maybe he'll bring his team somewhere in the end. He still has plenty of time to share his spotlight.

But all I can say is so far and as of now, Carmelo really has the Nuggets going somewhere. Sorry to all you LeBron Fans out there who might get all offended. He has talent, I'm not denying that. But does he have what it takes to make something out of the Cavaliers? Another thing, I feel sorry for him, cuz people (like me :man1: ) put to much pressure on him and expect him to be the one that can change the Cavaliers. Being the franchise, that is whats expected.
señorita

Next

Return to NBA Discussion