Hawks do something that hasn't been done in 11 years

Hawks do something that hasn't been done in 11 years

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:25 pm

The Hawks held their first entertaining game, since the days of Deke, Smith, and Mookie.

The Hawks beat the Wizards. The final score was 138-124. Five of the Hawks scored 20+ points, this hasn't been done since 1993 by the Magic (Tom Tolbert, Scott Skiles, Shaq, Anthony Bowie and Nick Anderson).

Stephen Jackson scored 42 points, a career high. 31 of those points came in the second half. Sura scored 28 points, JT dropped 23 points, Jason Collier scored 22 points (a career high) and Chris Crawford scored 20.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:29 pm

wow thats prety cool...really good game by the hawks...too bad i cant say the same for their season...
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby keyindabox on Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:31 pm

:man4: :man4: :man4: :man4: :man4: :man4: :man4:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:14 pm

Not only that, but they broke Sacramento's scoring record for this season...thats gotta be insane if you're a Hawk fan....and they did it at their arena, I wonder if their fans got into it, and they didn't even use overtime...the both teams averaged out about 32 points a quarter therefore...

But you know, when you got lousy scrub teams that play no D this might just happen...I mean, Washington shot 54% and still lost, but Atlanta, led by Stephen the Duck Jackson, just went hellbent with destruction. He scored 42, and the guy's been known his streaky shot. It was his night, and he had many supplements for it...can you believe Chris Crawford? This is a injury-ladened guy throughout his career...and in all due seriousness, hes now contributing. JSM, those Hawks have to better than you think...its like a cultivating place for scrubs and players who can't find their niche in the league...

speaking of those players, one of them is Bob Sura...even though is shooting mechanic is awful, you've gotta think about him...I recently started an inspirational article about Bob Sura and he had to suffer all of those bruises yet he's happy to be in such a losing team. The man, in fact, nearly got a triple double--28 points, 9 rebs and 10 assists off the bench--remember the times when people thought that Sura was gonna be a star? Hes finally shining. At least the players now show some pride in being able to contribute, since Shareef and Theo wanted out--they've been in hell too long. But Atlanta needed a trade--which they got, and now they've got new management. This feels like the Clippers--its a new day in Atlanta, the lousiest team breaking a record, and they've got to feel good about themselves for doing so.

Last comment-- Jason Collier. A guy waived by the Rockets because, according to them, he wasn't acting like a 7 footer, and he was lazy and all that. A bust for a 15th pick.But he finally did something, he hardly missed anything, guess people do find their niche in Atlanta. Hopefully this will draw up more fans for them.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby lakerzrule on Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:15 pm

Finally we have a high-scoring NBA game (on both sides), and both teams are EASTERN! Life is :man10: sometimes.
lakerzrule

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:26 pm

I think they were inspired to play so well, since the NBA approved the sale of the Hawks today. This means a new owner and a new way of doing things. And a new GM and coach will be on there way next season.

Collier is tearing it up in ATL for some reason or another, I guess he wants to show teams he deserves to be in the league and not in the NBDL (where he was, before the Hawks called upon him). He had 16 points on the 8th against the Cavs, then 11 points on the 10th against the Bucks, and then tonight, 22 points.

I think the Hawks are the new Minor League for the NBA. A place for players to come work on their game, get some recognition, and then get out of there as soon as possible. Just take a look at some of these guy's stats since joining the Hawks- Jackson, Crawford (since the big trade), Przybilla, Sura, Collier, Person, and Rebraca-all of them have been playing great for some reason or another, since coming to Atlanta.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby lakerfanimal on Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:32 am

imagine if they get dwight or emeka nex year oe evn bassy :man13:
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby shaqpak34 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:53 am

how about the pavel podzkoline dude

the freakin huge giant outa russia
shaqpak34

Postby Guest on Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:37 am

They can get anyone that want in the draft, but it's still not gonna get them in the playoffs or make them a great team.

They need two big franchise players. Now all they got in Terry is a role player and Jackson another role player who should get 40 points on 30 shots like he's supposed to.

Postby PrimeTime on Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:03 am

Good Job Hawks!

~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:04 am

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT...impossible.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Return to NBA Discussion