Hibbert, Lee suspended 1 game for Warriors/Pacers fight

Hibbert, Lee suspended 1 game for Warriors/Pacers fight

Postby Basketball Fan on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:51 pm

I have to admit I expected a lot worse given how it went into the stands and well the Pacers past history(although I wouldn't call this a "brawl")

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/89963 ... uspensions

Roy Hibbert, David Lee suspended

Pacers And Warriors Fight

Roy Hibbert was ejected and four other player received technicals after a skirmish between the
Warriors Defend Themselves
Indiana Pacers center Roy Hibbert and Golden State Warriors forward David Lee each were suspended one game without pay for their respective roles in a skirmish Tuesday that spilled into the stands.

The NBA handed down the penalties Wednesday, one day after Hibbert and Lee exchanged shoves under the basket with 6:10 remaining in the fourth quarter, sparking a fight that included multiple members from each team.

Hibbert will serve his suspension in Thursday's game against the Los Angeles Clippers. Lee will not play Wednesday against the New York Knicks.

The league also announced that Pacers guard Lance Stephenson and Warriors guards Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson each were fined $35,000 for "escalating the altercation."

Hibbert, who also shoved Curry twice and was ejected after the scuffle, stated that he spoke to league officials Wednesday morning to offer his account of the incident.

The 7-foot-2, 280-pound Hibbert told the Indianapolis Star that he regrets his role in the altercation, which carried into the seats behind the baseline at Indianapolis' Bankers Life Fieldhouse.

"My mom was a little upset," Hibbert told the Star. "She said I should have walked away. It's unfortunate it happened. I watched the video and I saw there was a little kid that ran up out of his seat when all that happened.

"I apologize to the fans that were sitting courtside. We're a team that loves the fans and we don't want to scare them away."
Basketball Fan

Re: Hibbert, Lee suspended 1 game for Warriors/Pacers fight

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Actually I am surprised Steph didn't get at least a game. He is the one that kept running up on Hibbert after everyone had been seperated.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Basketball Fan on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Yeah I am surprised about that but I figured since he was tossed like a rag doll it was punishment enough...
Basketball Fan

Postby Frank Dux on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Ron Artest would've been suspended 15 for that. Surprised David West didn't get suspended, he punched Klay(or was it Curry) Twice.

The league needs to be more consistant with their suspensions.
Frank Dux

Postby jimbo327 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 pm

David West should have been suspended. He is shoving people left and right, and acted like he was trying to break up the fight. LOL.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby kenzo on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:50 am

Joke.
kenzo

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:13 am

Pacers got in trouble with every team in the league ... they ish starters
wcsoldier81

Return to NBA Discussion