Hornets move to the Western Conference

Hornets move to the Western Conference

Postby clublakers on Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:35 am

New Orleans has option to move to West in one of the next two seasons, Board of Governors Approve Hornets' Move West

NEW YORK, April 8 – NBA Commissioner David Stern announced today that the NBA Board of Governors has approved the move of the New Orleans Hornets to the Midwest Division of the Western Conference, beginning with either the 2003-04 or 2004-05 season.
The Board also approved the placement of the Charlotte expansion franchise in the Central Division of the Eastern Conference, when the team begins play in the 2004-05 season.

As part of the Board approval, New Orleans has the option of moving to the Western Conference at the start of the 2003-04 or 2004-05 NBA season. New Orleans must inform the NBA by May 1 if it intends to move to the Western Conference for the 2003-04 season.

source: http://www.nba.com/news/hornets_030408.html

-----------------------------------------------

There goes the neighborhood. Just when you thought the Suns, Rockets, Warrior, and Grizzlies all had a chance of a playoff spot. Lets see how many .500 Eastern Conf teams we can cram into the playoffs.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:21 am

...did someone say 'three divisions in each conference'?.......

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:39 am

Theres already enough competition in the west, they should keep the hornets in the east
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby clublakers on Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:07 pm

3 divisions? I haven't heard that. I'm not sure it really matters how many divisions there are as long as the seeds are ranked by conference results.

Hopefully Miami and New York will return to power soon so we will have a little more balance. That new Charlotte expansion team will only make the East worse collectively.

Fortunately the Bugs have the opportunity to wait until the 2004-5 season to make the move. They would be crazy to do it this summer.

Say, maybe we can move the Clippers to the East. Way East. Out of our conference and out of our building.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Reddy on Wed Apr 09, 2003 5:53 pm

thats not very nice
you are shooing them out
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby FirstLady on Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:42 pm

Why move them to the Western Conference?

CL, do you know what the reason for the move is? I mean, does the Commish feel that there's an imbalance of strength and power between the two conferences, so he's shifting some teams? How will the Hornets benefit by moving to a so-called "stronger" conference? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get it.
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Reddy on Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:12 pm

Agreed it's weird........
I just think of them as an east team
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Return to NBA Discussion