HOT RUMOR: Kidd to Sacramento for Bibby & Turkoglu rumor

HOT RUMOR: Kidd to Sacramento for Bibby & Turkoglu rumor

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:17 pm

Source - http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/36830.htm

Wow, what do you guys think about this? I'd much rather see Kidd goto Sacramento than San Antonio though. Besides, I heard Webber will be out even longer because his injury is much more serious than thought at first... So In other words, I kinda hope this happens. I think it wouldn't drastically help either team to much though...

What do you guys think about this hot trade rumor?
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:50 pm

whoa that will be really interesting if it happens. Kidd and Webber may be dangerous though. I don't think it will do anything than change the looks of these teams.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby whats golden on Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:27 pm

does Kidd want to go to Sactown? Does he want to become a Queen? Lets hope not.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby pltan on Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:53 pm

Hmmm gotta disagree with LD2000 on this one, Kidd to Sac-town seems a lot more dangerous from a Lakers perspective than if he went to SA. Although I base this assumption on SA's current roster.
pltan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:58 pm

No way, Jason Kidd anywhere is dangerous, but he is not as lethal (in my honest opinion) in Sacramento, as he would be in San Antonio...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby pltan on Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:10 pm

Kidd, Bowen, Jackson, Duncan, SA's new center

scares you more than

Kidd, Peja, Webber, Christie and Vlade?
pltan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:25 pm

Yes I do... With Kidd, and Parker... Very scary...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby pltan on Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:41 pm

I see where you're coming from, but that Sac lineup is still too much for me personally.

Here's hoping he goes to the Jazz! ;)
pltan

Kidd, who's kidd

Postby Death to Zone Defence on Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:28 pm

Irregardless of the others teams movements and where Kidd finally ends up, the Lakers success has to begin from within. Shaq has to get serious and not rely on talent alone. They have to organize a team that plays both ends of the court, scores and doesn't always depend on Kobe and Shaq. Dallas, Sacramento, and San Antonio all have depth. The Lakers at any one time have at least two guys playing on the court that might as well be picked from the crowd for all the good that they do.

Who cares about Kidd, his salary will require somebody from his future team to leave, so he might bring something extra but hes not a one man show.

:mad1:
Death to Zone Defence

Postby pltan on Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:39 pm

Guest : While I agree with some of the things you said, if YOU don't care about Kidd why click, read and post on a thread which clearly is about Kidd?
pltan

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:47 pm

Well, no other team scares me one bit. I think the idea of PJ Brown, Juwan Howard, Karl Malone Gary Payton, Theo Ratliff, Jason Terry, Andre Miller or Gilbert Arenas playing with Shaq and Kobe as the scaries damn scenario the NBA can dream up, and that is MY TWO CENTS...
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:58 pm

God Snakell, you just summed it up for all of us... I should close this sucker now :man12:

I agree all the way bro...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:50 pm

Yo... I dont think this rumor will even come true... Sac-town has put in work for Bibby, and I dont think they'll give up him, as a young star along for someone who's aging like J-Kidd... Even though Kidd has the experience over him, I dont think this will even happen.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby pltan on Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:58 pm

Lakergyrl: I could see it happening. Sac wants a banner now.....before all that talent starts moving away.
pltan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:13 pm

Are you kidding me? J-Kidd for Mike Bibby/Hedo Turka-WHO? LG, I would take that trade anyday!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby crucifido on Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:55 pm

How can this happen? Kidd is an unrestrcited free agent. You can't trade a free agent if you have no idea he is even yours for the upcoming season. It's bunk.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby crucifido on Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:00 am

Even with a sign and trade - Kidd would not mesh well with that team. They don't have near enough mental character to satisfy his drive to win. Kidd is on a different plane than the punks in Excramento.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby swolswol on Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:06 am

KIDD DIDNT DO [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] IN THE FINALS THIS YEAR OR LAST YEAR....SAN ANTONIO DOSENT WANT HIM THEY EXPOSED HIS [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
swolswol

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:17 am

And how would u know what SA wants? I just dont see J-Kidd signin with the Kings, it's seems to unrealistic. Sure he wants a title, and it does seem impossible in the East, but comin back to the west, just might be tha road for him to take... But to the Kings...?? Nah... I dont see it... Sure Bibby did a lot for them when we played them in the WCF's in 02, and man he was good in that series... He stepped up, and gettin rid of him will be a big mistake, even if they get Kidd with them... Bibby has a good decent jumpshot, and Kidd doesn't even have that. But with Kidd comes experience, and with Bibby a team could build with him, cuz of his youth... Dayam, but I dunno though... man....
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:19 am

It's a gamble, but to me, it wouldn't drastically change either team.

Also,

KIDD DIDNT DO [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] IN THE FINALS THIS YEAR OR LAST YEAR....SAN ANTONIO DOSENT WANT HIM THEY EXPOSED HIS [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]

Jason Kidd went to the laughing stock team of the NBA and brought them into the finals both years. San Antonio didn't expose New Jersey, Los Angeles did last year with a sweep. San Antonio beat them in six, how do you figure they exposed him?
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby SWOL on Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:29 pm

they played off of him and covered the other guys and said you beat us and he didnt do it.......If the nets would have ridden it out with stephon marbury they might not have made the finals but they would have been a playoff team... phoenix is no worse off with steph instead of j kidd... he needs shot makers around him because he cant get his.... thats the bottom line..... Tony Parker was a rollercoaster in the finals yet he still out played jason and he is only 21 years old they are stupid if they give up on him and sigh jason i mean who will be thier secondary scorer not j kidd that team is built around tim duncan they guys who can stroke the ball in case of double teams j kidds [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] is broke... trust me if they had mike bibby and h turkoglu they would be better... kidd is overrated
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby pltan on Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:02 pm

Kidd was the only reason the Nets had a chance in the Finals, K-Mart was nowhere. Gotta disagree as well: Parker certainly did not out play Kidd in the finals.
pltan

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Jun 19, 2003 7:49 pm

This would be a rip off. If the Nets were dumb enough to do that, then they don't deserve another shot at the NBA Finals. Personally, if I were in the Nets organization, I would do everything in my power to re-sign Kidd long term and re-sign Bryon Scott b4 his contract ends. I would also give another shot to this current Nets roster. They didn't have Deke all year, who knows what would have happened if he had been a bigger part of the team, if he wasn't out due to injury all year.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby zetaw00d on Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:24 am

Sacramento Bee Columnist Mark Kreidler: Well, hi, and welcome to the Rain On Your Parade Hotline. Today's conversational downer: The trade that isn't.

Mike Bibby is not being packaged with Hedo Turkoglu and sent to the New Jersey Nets. Jason Kidd, and the NBA championship rings that (now that I mention it) aren't actually on his fingers, are not coming to Sacramento in a sign-and-trade free-agency special.

This is a rumor with legs and some logic behind it. It makes sense on a couple of fronts. There is plenty to be said on all sides of the argument.

It just isn't happening, is all.
zetaw00d

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:23 am

This proposed trade between the Nets and the Kings will end up hurting both teams.

Bibby fits well with the way the Kings play and Kidd fits well with the style of play of the Nets.

The Kings need their point guard to shot the outside J very well to open up the inside for Webber. And Bibby can make those shots in a consistent basis, not Kidd.

The Nets need a point guard that has PASS FIRST and SHOT SECOND mentality. Kidd has that mentality and Bibby does not.

Therefore, this trade should not be executed.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Next

Return to NBA Discussion