how are bobcats gonna select???

how are bobcats gonna select???

Postby NBN on Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:08 pm

I guess this post has been already commented around the forum, i tried to search something around but found nothing, so heres my question.

How are the Bobcats gonna select their players in the Draft?? and finally, how are they gonna get the rest of the players???

THANX!!!
bball
NBN

Postby JSM on Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:55 pm

they get the 4th pick in the draft.

And here is how they get other players-each NBA team keeps 8 of their players and have to make the rest eligible for the Bobcats to get. The Bobcats then get to pick from all those guys who they want. They can also sign free agents.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:12 pm

jsm0331 wrote:they get the 4th pick in the draft.

And here is how they get other players-each NBA team keeps 8 of their players and have to make the rest eligible for the Bobcats to get. The Bobcats then get to pick from all those guys who they want. They can also sign free agents.

yeah, that means that the Bobcats have a wide selection of choices to choose from, but how many players do they get to choose from each team? As many as they want, to fill their roster limit?

But it'd really be nice to see how the Bobcats can fare with their new coach and chemistry next season...I expect to see a lineup of Luol Deng, Gerald Wallace, Damon Stoudamire, Rodney White and Steven Hunter...and of course there's more....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby JSM on Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:16 pm

I think they may be able to pry away one big name free agent, not Kobe, but some good player. Someone will want to be on a new team, have a new environment and surrounding. I bet they will be able to get Jay Williams and a few other players along those lines.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:33 pm

Let's make use of some useless threads like this once the question's already answered...

you know what, let's guess what players may be unprotected for each of the teams come this offseason

of course, these are just predictions and maybe this belongs in Around the Rim or sumthin

The Bobcats have a lot of choices to draft upon at #4, probably Luol Deng or Pavel Podkolzine if they want size, but

my predictions goes as follows for next year's Bobcat lineup:

Damon Stoudamire (unprotected)
Brent Barry (unprotected)
Luol Deng (draft pick)
Kurt Thomas (out of New York; free agent next season)
Zeljko Rebraca (free agent)

Gerald Wallace (unprotected)
Jay Williams (unprotected)
Rodney White (unprotected)
Jumaine Jones (unprotected)
Marcus Fizer (free agent)
Steven Hunter (unprotected)

Keyon Dooling (free agent IR)
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:09 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:Let's make use of some useless threads like this once the question's already answered...

you know what, let's guess what players may be unprotected for each of the teams come this offseason

of course, these are just predictions and maybe this belongs in Around the Rim or sumthin

The Bobcats have a lot of choices to draft upon at #4, probably Luol Deng or Pavel Podkolzine if they want size, but

my predictions goes as follows for next year's Bobcat lineup:

Damon Stoudamire (unprotected)
Brent Barry (unprotected)
Luol Deng (draft pick)
Kurt Thomas (out of New York; free agent next season)
Zeljko Rebraca (free agent)

Gerald Wallace (unprotected)
Jay Williams (unprotected)
Rodney White (unprotected)
Jumaine Jones (unprotected)
Marcus Fizer (free agent)
Steven Hunter (unprotected)

Keyon Dooling (free agent IR)

they might be able to get Rasheed Wallace or Antonio Mcdyess...u jsu never know...damn i sure hope they dont get Kareem Rush or any of our young guys...i think we should let them have fisher or george tho...
FabFourLakers

Postby TheZen on Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:24 pm

dont we have george on a 3 year 21 mill contract...he sure isnt deserving 7 mill a year right now...
TheZen

Postby HndsmCelt on Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:07 pm

It's WAY too early to even begin specualting on WHO the Bobcats will draft in the expansion. They have 30 mill of cap and must 14 vets, but a loophole in the CBA allows them to wave a player and then take that salery off of their cap. So it is very likely that teams will use this opertunity to loose big contracts some of wich can/will resign the palyer to a vetran minimum. For example:
"The Los Angeles Lakers, looking to re-sign Kobe Bryant while avoiding the luxury tax, offer the Bobcats two first-round picks, plus $3 million, to draft Rick Fox and the $4.9 million left on his contract.

The Bobcats draft Fox and immediately waive him, allowing Fox to re-sign with the Lakers at the veteran's minimum." http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/charlott ... 240357.htm

Or players like Christian Latiner (6.4 mill stiff) may end up on the team in other deals.

The bottom line is that with all the factors involved there is no way to guess at this point what players will end up playing in Charlot.
Waht is interesting is to look at existing teams and ask what palyers they will or will not protect and what contracts they would love to be rid of.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Return to NBA Discussion