How desperate are the Hawks?

How desperate are the Hawks?

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:50 am

Here is more proof that the Atlanta Hawks organization has no clue of what they are doing, and will do anything to get more cap room for later on. They even tried trading their two best players. I don't understand them, they make or try to make some of the dumbest moves in NBA history.
Take a look at the latest failed attempt.Link

The Hawks were offering the Knicks Shareef, Terry, and Crawford in return for McDyess, Ward, Doleac, Sweetney, their 1st round pick this year, and the rights to Milos Vujanic. Now that fine to look down the road, and to try and get guys like Vujanic; but you can't trade away your whole franchise for it. But wait, it gets better...The Hawks were then going to release McDyess so the Knicks could resign him.

So the Hawks would give up their 2 stars for a pick, a player that might not come to the NBA for a few years, Doleac and Ward.

How dumb are they, they continue to surprise me. Whenever I think they couldn't get any dumber and do something as stupid as the last, the go out and make a fool of themselves, and become a joke to fans and to the league.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby lakerfanimal on Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:55 pm

LOL :bang: :bang:
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby Roscoe on Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:00 pm

Fire sale...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby shaqpak34 on Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:32 pm

omfg, thats not even funnny....the seriously need a new owner,

MJ SHOULD GO AND HELP THAT PITIFUL ORGANIZATION
shaqpak34

Postby lakerfanimal on Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:28 pm

if mj goes to the hawks, everyones gona say hes gona come back, n he doesnt want all that negative attention, plus hes not that great in basketball operations, i think hed be a fly scout tho, cus he can see wen guys hustle n ish like tha
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:42 am

wow...

why didnt tha Knicks take that trade?
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:18 pm

lakerfanimal wrote:if mj goes to the hawks, everyones gona say hes gona come back, n he doesnt want all that negative attention, plus hes not that great in basketball operations, i think hed be a fly scout tho, cus he can see wen guys hustle n ish like tha

When the Bucks decided not to get MJ, there were actually a lot of rumors flying around that MJ would be joining the Hawks as GM, but the whole sell of the team is hampering them from getting a new GM right now.

I think he would be a good GM for them, because he wouldn't try to make all these dumb moves that they are making now, and would actually make them better. People would come to the games, just hoping they may see MJ, whenever he drops in.

He actually was a good GM, he got Stack, Hughes, Oakley, Russell, Doug Collins, and Kwame (not MJ's fault this kid has no work ethic). He cleared off a lot of cap room for them by getting rid of players that were doing nothing for them (i.e. Richmond)

I think he will be a GM again i a year or so.
JSM

Postby JSM on Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:19 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:wow...

because Thomas really wanted Marbury
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:54 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:wow...

because Thomas really wanted Marbury

haha but STILL u get a chance to get Shareef AND Terry, both are young and can be productive given a new situation and some FANS to cheer them on, and then the hawks woudl WAIVE mcdyess and let tha knicks re-sign him?

but yea marbury and hardaway should work out up in new york
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion