Huge Raptors-Nets Trade!

Huge Raptors-Nets Trade!

Postby Guest on Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:55 am

This should go in the daily news but It's not confirmed yet so here it is.

As of an hour ago they are saying that the trade is now complete that would send Antonio Davis and Morris Peterson to the Nets for Dikembe Mutomo and Kerry Kittles.

RealGM declines the trade but some radio stations in Toronto are confirming it. Either way the CBA rule says Kittles can't be traded till December 15th.

Anyone else heard this yet?

Postby JSM on Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:22 pm

I haven't heard about this yet, where did you hear about it?
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Guest on Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:45 pm

Owner of ProSportsDaily(huge sports site) told me he got an email from some kid who said it was all over the radio in Toronto.

Postby BDG on Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:46 pm

What station? I personally don't think it would be good for Toronto to give up a young rising star like Mo Peterson.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:48 pm

but how trust worthy is the word of this kid, he could be full of crap. And loves to make up rumors or speculate rumors
JSM

Postby Guest on Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:48 pm

I dunno but it looks like it's not real.

Postby Kobe834 on Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:00 pm

hmmmmmm maybe. the nets are gonna rock if it does happen. I think that the raptors are gonn a outta the short end da that one
Kobe834

Postby BDG on Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:03 pm

Well... it is a bad move by Toronto, but it does make sense... seeing as the trade could make room for Chris Bosh and most likely guarantee his starting position.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:44 pm

What are the nets gonna do with A Davis? will they start him? There are 2 possible lineups:

Mourning
Davis
Martin
Jefferson
Kidd

or

Mourning
Martin
Jefferson
Peterson
Kidd

which one looks more PROBABLE?
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:15 pm

That's true, they would be very deep, but A Davis deserves to start as a role player... maybe he's their backup plan if Mourning isn't in shape.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:30 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:That's true, they would be very deep, but A Davis deserves to start as a role player... maybe he's their backup plan if Mourning isn't in shape.

Oooooo good point! he must be the back up plan...but why not jus keep mutumbo then? hes a true center why would u want an undersized center? Atleast give Mutumbo and Mourning a chance to play together, they would be monstrous ! and that would give martin a chance to play tha 3 and DOMINATE the small forwards in the east and even the west...but i like mo peterson in New Jersey, him and jefferson are young and athletic and have potential...i like those 2 at tha 2 and 3 spots...but if peterson is comin off tha bench that DEFINETLY boosts this team's bench scoring

as for tha raptors, they are screwin themselves on this trade...unless mutumbo has one of those all star seasons where he avgs 13 ppg and 13 rpg and 3 bpg...
FabFourLakers

Postby Danny Ainge on Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:05 am

If the Nets do this its because they want to dump that 37 mill. dollar contract over the next two years.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby JSM on Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:47 am

If this trade happens, then it would benefit the Nets a lot. It would give them more depth and some interesting roster combination possibilities, which would make the very versatile. I agree with DA, if they did this it would be to drop a big contract; but it would also be to have someone to start a C while they ease Mourning back into playing. Then they could make sure Zo's ok and won't get injured or something.

And by getting Davis, it gives them a big man that is used to starting, unlike Deke who hasn't started in awhile. And Scott doesn't seem to like Deke a whole lot, or want to give him much playing time, because if yall remember he played every other big man they had, before he would put Deke in during the playoffs.

It would also give the Nets a young solid scorer in Mo. He would make a good fit in NJ. and is a better player than Kittles will ever be.

Here is the roster I think they would start off with:
Davis
Martin
Jefferson
Peterson
Kidd

And then when Zo's ready to start
Zo
Davis
Martin
Jefferson
Kidd

This would make the most sense, because Scott said it was a good possibility that Zo wouldn't start at first. And then they move Mo to the bench when Zo does start, to give them some fire power of the bench at the sg position. It wouldn't make sense for them to bench Davis, since they are loaded at the big men positions off the bench with-Rogers, Collins, Williams, and Scalabrine
JSM

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:26 pm

And while Jsm's doing the Nets lineup, I'll focus on the Raps:

PG: Alvin Williams
SG: Kerry Kittles (bump Vince Carter to the 3)
SF: Vince Carter
PF: Chris Bosh (likelihood to start over "no-offensive skills Jerome Williams)
C: Dikembe Mutombo

OFF THE BENCH:
Jerome Williams
Lamond Murray (if healthy great asset off bench)
Jerome Moiso
Milt Palacio
Michael Bradley
Chris Jefferies
Michael Curry
Menk Bateer (IR)
Rick Brunson (IR)

This trade may not be too beneficial for the Raps, since you lose ever savvy-vet Antonio Davis and the ever-improving Mo Pete. But to look at the bright side, this trade really doesn't affect the team outlook at all. Deke may fill the void defensively at the center spot and is like Antonio at the offensive end; Kerry Kittles is definitely pretty overrated and I still believe Mo Pete is better than him. He can still score and play D though, and that's what counts. They haven't really addressed their point guard situation though and AW doesn't fit the bill. Milt Palacio and Rick Brunson are NBDL prototype guards. They should have at least swiped a guard like Zoran Planinic out of NJ's hands. They need a general upgrade at all positions and a true center, at least a backup one. Can Jerome Moiso fit the bill--or is he the next Samaki Walker? Otherwise I have to say, they have an extremely young team with Vince as their leader and Michael Curry and Deke as the vets, they may be a playoff team. They've got the right mix and this trade might just work. Lamond Murray off the bench is extreme when he's healthy and Jerome Williams provides interior D and explosiveness. They have a right mix, so I look forward to them playing well next year.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:55 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:And while Jsm's doing the Nets lineup, I'll focus on the Raps:

PG: Alvin Williams
SG: Kerry Kittles (bump Vince Carter to the 3)
SF: Vince Carter
PF: Chris Bosh (likelihood to start over "no-offensive skills Jerome Williams)
C: Dikembe Mutombo

OFF THE BENCH:
Jerome Williams
Lamond Murray (if healthy great asset off bench)
Jerome Moiso
Milt Palacio
Michael Bradley
Chris Jefferies
Michael Curry
Menk Bateer (IR)
Rick Brunson (IR)

This trade may not be too beneficial for the Raps, since you lose ever savvy-vet Antonio Davis and the ever-improving Mo Pete. But to look at the bright side, this trade really doesn't affect the team outlook at all. Deke may fill the void defensively at the center spot and is like Antonio at the offensive end; Kerry Kittles is definitely pretty overrated and I still believe Mo Pete is better than him. He can still score and play D though, and that's what counts. They haven't really addressed their point guard situation though and AW doesn't fit the bill. Milt Palacio and Rick Brunson are NBDL prototype guards. They should have at least swiped a guard like Zoran Planinic out of NJ's hands. They need a general upgrade at all positions and a true center, at least a backup one. Can Jerome Moiso fit the bill--or is he the next Samaki Walker? Otherwise I have to say, they have an extremely young team with Vince as their leader and Michael Curry and Deke as the vets, they may be a playoff team. They've got the right mix and this trade might just work. Lamond Murray off the bench is extreme when he's healthy and Jerome Williams provides interior D and explosiveness. They have a right mix, so I look forward to them playing well next year.

Good insight Jorker...and if u think about all that cap room they will get in 2 years after Deke's contract is up...imagine what they could do...with Vince Carter being the attractive marquee player on tha raptors...

If Deke can return to his old form of gettin 13 ppg, 13 rpg and 3 bpg, the raptors will be a playoff team in tha making next season...and if Kittles can contribute as a key role player like he did on NJ, that will only add to the Raptors offense and chances of makin tha playoffs next season...but the raptors real hopes rely SOLELY on Carter's health and how he responds to last year's HORRENDOUS season of injuries...

as for tha nets, they will truly be deep at tha 3, 4 and 5 positions after this trade, and they'll be almost 2-3 deep in every positionn except maybe tha PG position, but with Kidd bein able to play 40-45 mpg, they should be alright...
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion