Huge Trade Just Pulled Off

Huge Trade Just Pulled Off

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:30 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1673879

The Bulls traded Jalen Rose, Donyell Marshall and Lonny Baxter to the Raptors for Jerome Williams, Antonio Davis and Chris Jefferies.

2 bad teams dump their trash.

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:27 pm

I wonder if those will actually make a difference :man3:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Roscoe on Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:34 pm

Yea it gives Toronto the scoring punch they need, and I guess it gives Chicago more experience and depth in their frontline...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:47 pm

chicago is gonna be huge with that lineup: Curry Chandler Davis Jerome Williams ...why dint chicago get mo pete?
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:39 am

bump
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:15 am

interesting trade. both teams take a gamble and could benefit. raptors get more scoring and clutch. bosh might be able to learn a thing or two from marshall (i think both have a similar game). i wonder how rose will react to playing with someone like vince carter. he'll definitely love the toronto crowd as long as he plays well. wasn't the jyd a fan-fave in tdot? and i notice that the raptors also lose their best rebounders. the bulls will get some hard workers and hustling big men in the trade. davis might play more inspired ball 'cause he finally gets his wish and gets out of canada. to me, bulls also get a little less cluttered. but then again, it might not work out. :freak2: . and the lakers will kill both teams when they meet. bwahahaha :man9: :man9: ... uhhhh :man3: . ok :man7:

go lakers :jam2: hehe

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:24 pm

i jus realized how much of a STEAL this trade was...

Toronto got THREE quality players, BAXTER is tha x factor in this trade! he can prolly play center for that team and REALLY excel! Marshall is a prolific scorer and rebounder, and rose plays well alongside superstars(remember in indiana, he played with reggie when he was in his prime and he did pretty good)...

The bulls got 2 hard-nosed rebounders, but who is gonna start? They have Curry and Chandler starting right now, the only way to make curry chandler AND davis to start is to move chandler to tha 3 spot! So either Curry or Chandler will go to tha bench, or Davis will play 6th man for tha bulls....who knows? Jerome Williams is a great pickup, but i think tha bulls got robbed when they got jeffries...they shoulda asked for morris peterson...oh well
FabFourLakers

Postby Roscoe on Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:16 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Marshall is a prolific scorer and rebounder, and rose plays well alongside superstars(remember in indiana, he played with reggie when he was in his prime and he did pretty good)...

I think you meant when Marshall played in Utah with Stockton and Malone...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby JSM on Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:22 pm

I think this trade will really help the Raptors.

It gives them an average of 8.6 more points per game, which helps when your teams has such a low ppg average.
It gives them another legitimate scoring option in Rose, who will help take some of the weight off of Vince, who has had to carry the team's scoring load for quite some time.
It will help them a lot come playoff time, giving them the extra punch when its really needed, which should be enough to allow them to do better in the playoffs.
And Rose gives them some veteran experience, and he is a guy that has made it to the finals
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Bulls Fan on Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:37 pm

I dont think the Bulls should have gotten rid of Donyell...he comes through a lot. Jalen - yes Donyell - no. Seems like an OK trade for the bulls. hopefully we start winning games....new coach, and some new players should help.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:10 pm

I don't understand this trade. Toronto gets rid of the only inside presence they had to get another guy who can score but doesn't play any defense (Rose) and Chicago gives up the only guy they have that can consistently create his own shot and score night in and night out for another big man. They already have Curry and Chandler. Why the hell do the Bulls need another inside player? I don't see how this trade will help either team, especially Chicago. At least Jalen Rose can score I guess and Toronto seems to have trouble scoring a lot of points. But now they have no inside presence so it doesn't help them either. ??????????

Postby JSM on Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:24 pm

in the east, the only time you really need a big inside presence is against a western team, but look at Dallas, they have no true center, and they still manage to win. So I think the Raptors want to give Bosh more time and even though they will run a small line up, I don't think it will matter too much, because the 2 pf's that will be starting will do a good job.
So here's their line up:
Marshall/Baxter
Bosh/Bateer
Rose/Murray
Vince/Peterson
A. Williams/Palacio

This roster gives them a lot more scoring options. Having Murray and Peterson coming off the bench will give them a big boost when they need it.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Bulls Fan on Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:40 pm

man this frickin blows goats.

Go Bulls..

NBA Champions 91-92-93-96-97-98 and hopefully

lol
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:41 pm

i think A Davis will help tha bulls...but what will their lineup be? Curry Chandler AND Davis? or will chandler go to tha bench? And bosh's backup will prolly be moiso(unless hes injured?) that guy showed some potential against tha sixers last year in tha playoffs...
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion