Huge Trade out of Dallas?

Huge Trade out of Dallas?

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:55 am

I have seen this rumor on an internet site oday and when I went to make a link the URL was not living me.

Dallas trades:

Finley
LaFrentz
Adul-Wahad

Portland Trades:

Derek Anderson
Rasheed Wallace

So did anyone else hear this?

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby JSM on Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:50 am

I don't see this happening since Dallas said they wouldn't trade Nash, Dirk, Van Exel, or Finley
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby SWOL on Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:22 am

no that trade makes sense for both teams.....i dunno if it works financaly but ill check
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby SWOL on Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:37 am

answer yes
Finley $11,953,125
Lafrenz $ 7,270,000
Tarik $ 5,625,000
total $24,848,125

Rasheed $16,185,000
Anderson$ 7,144,500
total $24,329,500
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:29 pm

swolswol wrote:answer yes
Finley $11,953,125
Lafrenz $ 7,270,000
Tarik $ 5,625,000
total $24,848,125

Rasheed $16,185,000
Anderson$ 7,144,500
total $24,329,500

I dunno about that trade, but it'd be great if the mavs got rid of lafrentz and tariq cuz their contracts are way too big for their talent. I dunno if the blazers would be gettin a great deal tho, i mean lafrentz is good but not great, he would disappear into the blazer lineup, but i like finley and wells at the 2/3 spot, and that 4 spot would be open for zach randolph to blossom. I like this trade
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:16 pm

I think there is a better chance of the Portland and NJ trade happening than this one
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:46 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I think there is a better chance of the Portland and NJ trade happening than this one

i agree 100%. I think the blazers would like to have Mutumbo and Martin more than lafrentz and finley, especially when they already have a great sg/sf in wells.
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:13 pm

Reasons why Dallas won't make the trade, even if it worked out financially:

1. Dallas wants to obtain a hard-nosed rebounder and defender, and Rasheed Wallace isn't the answer for that. He takes too many threes, and although he may be a good defender, he still doesn't rebound well regardless of his height.
2. Does Dallas want to get more technicals? Wallace once got 41 of them during an entire season, ranging from arguing with the refs to throwing a towel in a white man's face. There's many white men in Nash and Nowitzki, so he's not a good pickup unless he changes his attitude.
3. Even if the trade worked, and Derek Anderson is a nice replacement for Michael Finley, Dallas loses one of its beknownst "Big 3" and Wallace might not live up to expectations on the team, so sticking with Finboy is better. Everyone knows how Mark Cuban acts when it comes to stars.
4. Basically trading Raef LaFrentz for only a tinier upgrade in Rasheed Wallace is not smart. They basically have the same player who likes to jack threes and play hysterical D. Although Rasheed is more of a star and a scorer, Dalas wouldn't want the trade-off to get more Ts.
5. Tariq Abdul-Wahad makes 5-million? Overpaid. I'm not even sure if those Mavericks want to go to Portland sin-city, where those fools get rowdy with black eyes and marijuana. I can't even imagine Michael Finley being a JailBlazer and Bonzi Wells is gonna spit at Raef LaFrentz upon meeting him.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:37 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:Reasons why Dallas won't make the trade, even if it worked out financially:

1. Dallas wants to obtain a hard-nosed rebounder and defender, and Rasheed Wallace isn't the answer for that. He takes too many threes, and although he may be a good defender, he still doesn't rebound well regardless of his height.
2. Does Dallas want to get more technicals? Wallace once got 41 of them during an entire season, ranging from arguing with the refs to throwing a towel in a white man's face. There's many white men in Nash and Nowitzki, so he's not a good pickup unless he changes his attitude.
3. Even if the trade worked, and Derek Anderson is a nice replacement for Michael Finley, Dallas loses one of its beknownst "Big 3" and Wallace might not live up to expectations on the team, so sticking with Finboy is better. Everyone knows how Mark Cuban acts when it comes to stars.
4. Basically trading Raef LaFrentz for only a tinier upgrade in Rasheed Wallace is not smart. They basically have the same player who likes to jack threes and play hysterical D. Although Rasheed is more of a star and a scorer, Dalas wouldn't want the trade-off to get more Ts.
5. Tariq Abdul-Wahad makes 5-million? Overpaid. I'm not even sure if those Mavericks want to go to Portland sin-city, where those fools get rowdy with black eyes and marijuana. I can't even imagine Michael Finley being a JailBlazer and Bonzi Wells is gonna spit at Raef LaFrentz upon meeting him.

:scream: :scream: :scream:

tha last reason you stated was GREAT

and i can DEFINETLY see Wallace throwing a towel in Bradley's face!
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:43 am

its nice to gossip about the competition and all but ....

who cares

Dallas will never win w/ Nelson at the helm.. he's a good caoch but he needs to teach some D... the ONLY reason I rooted against them is becuase i believe a team w/ no D should never win a championship

Portland needds a major overhaul no matter what

they need to lose thier Jailblazer title and move on

they have so much talent its a waste
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:03 am

echo nation wrote:its nice to gossip about the competition and all but ....

who cares

Dallas will never win w/ Nelson at the helm.. he's a good caoch but he needs to teach some D... the ONLY reason I rooted against them is becuase i believe a team w/ no D should never win a championship

Portland needds a major overhaul no matter what

they need to lose thier Jailblazer title and move on

they have so much talent its a waste

They need to get rid of patterson, wallace and wells and then they'll be fine

haha thats basically their nucleus for scoring in wallace n wells, but i think wallace is not goin to be a blazer next season...
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:11 am

again overhaul

now would be the best time, seeing how no one expects them to win anything anyway

they havent gotten better, only worse by losing Pippen

they might as well pull a Milwakee and start from scratch
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby JSM on Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:02 am

I do expect to see Dallas move Raef LaFrentz somewhere during this off season, and it will probably be for another big man, hopefully, for their sake, one that it not a complete waste of money, like Raef was.
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:58 am

jsm0331 wrote:I do expect to see Dallas move Raef LaFrentz somewhere during this off season, and it will probably be for another big man, hopefully, for their sake, one that it not a complete waste of money, like Raef was.

whoever gets Raef is screwed bcuz he sucks!
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:49 am

LOL

I'd offer Slave for Raef
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Return to NBA Discussion