Ibaka's shot to Griffin's jewels (No suspension PG .3)

Re: Ibaka's shot to Griffin's jewels

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:30 am

I expect Ibaka to be suspended for the NYK game. They won't make a decision before tonights game. It will show how much the league dislikes the Lakers IMO>.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Re: Ibaka's shot to Griffin's jewels

Postby The Rock on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:27 pm

UNREAL

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/309023233708007425
No suspension coming for Serge Ibaka, I'm told. Fine only for the crotch shot on Blake Griffin.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Re: Ibaka's shot to Griffin's jewels (No suspension PG .3)

Postby laker911 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 pm

What do you expect? They are playing the Lakers next, there is no way they are suspending him. If they were playing the Heat he would have been suspended.
laker911

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:59 pm

The double standard here is just out of this world.

Metta gets suspended for a shot that doesn't even land and yet here Ibaka gets a clear shot at Griffin's balls and doesn't get suspended.

Obviously Metta deserves a separate standard, but then you talk about Barea getting a flagrant two for knocking down Ray Allen against the Heat?

What the f***? The NBA league office is an absolute joke.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:01 pm

I bet the OKC owners put a word in, they protect their players like babies anyways. F em

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Watch. Insult to injury as Metta gets called for a bogus flagrant tonight.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:31 pm

He couldn't have been suspended cause if the Lakers won with a suspended Ibaka the word would be that "NBA trying to help LA get into the playoffs." It is a shame really. I am not surprised at all.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby kenzo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:04 pm

Matt Barnes ‏@Matt_Barnes22
Let me or @mettaworldpeace do that & I guarantee its a 5game suspension.. I luv hv there are different rules, for different people!

Fine is coming Matt :man9:
kenzo

Postby laker911 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 pm

kenzo wrote:
Let me or @mettaworldpeace do that & I guarantee its a 5game suspension.. I luv hv there are different rules, for different people!

Fine? I see a suspension in his future.
laker911

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:19 pm

yeah for Metta getting upgraded to a Flagrant 2 foul for this a day after the game:

and yet Serge gets only a Flagrant 1 and $25,000 fine.

GTFO :disagree: :disagree:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:22 pm

I've watched that play a few dozen times. Mostly because I like seeing Faried get knocked in the chops.

But also because I just don't see it. I don't see the intent to elbow him in the face. How would Metta even know where his face was going to be when he turned around?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:28 pm

@MarkG_Medina

Quote:
Steve Blake was fined $25,000 for swearing at a fan. Serge Ibaka was fined $25,00 for punching a player in the groin. Doesn't make sense

also

DMC gets a 2 game suspension for this love tap http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/demarcus-cousins-hits-o-j-mayo-groin-mayo-164832892--nba.html

Ibaka gets slap on the wrist for this
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/serge-ibaka-hits-blake-griffin-groin-gets-flagrant-161708110--nba.html
Last edited by Battle Tested20 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:29 pm

THIS IS HORSEBLEEP. Stern you S.O.B. You can't be gone soon enough.
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:40 pm

kenzo wrote:

and Matt is 100% correct.
puffyusaf#2

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Dwayne Wade? Will Bynum?

Those guys don't have as bad as reps as Barnes or Metta but they got suspended too?

God Stern deserves a punch in the groin to get back to reality.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:00 pm

I hope Sacre comes in and does the same thing to Ibaka and watch what the league does...
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:08 pm

There is absolutely zero consistency in these situations. Forget reputation or who the person was that committed the foul.

There is no basis for these decisions. It's not about throwing a punch or committing a F-2 foul, it's who the person is committing the foul that is getting penalized, not the action itself. And that is just wrong.

Someone throws a punch to someones groin, it should be the same punishment from Lebron to Johan Petro. This is what makes the league look like a joke.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:18 pm

remember when Kobe kept getting fined for "unnatural basketball act" that no one else got fined or suspended for?
puffyusaf#2

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:21 pm

LeBron James ‏@KingJames
So explain to me the difference? My teammate gets a 1 game suspension and 150k+ taking away from him for his groin altercation #strangetome
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:40 pm

groin altercation...lol... Uh Oh... The King has spoken. Ibaka will be suspended for the rest of the year now.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm

God I hate he's right ^^^
LTLakerFan

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:50 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:groin altercation...lol... Uh Oh... The King has spoken. Ibaka will be suspended for the rest of the year now.

LMAO my thoughts exactly.
Chillbongo

Postby Weezy on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:58 pm

What makes me laugh even more is tiny little JJ Barrea bumps Ray Allen on a play last night and he somehow goes flying and Barrea gets a flagrant 2 and gets tossed. Ibaka got a flagrant 1 for the nut shot. But, today the NBA downgrades Barrea's move to a flagrant 1, the right call (though IMO it wasn't a flagrant at all and the NBA is soft and weak now), but still with the benefit of replay and days to look at it all the NBA does to Ibaka is a fine of 25k. Who comes up with these nonsense punishments and why do some get better treatment than others?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Doc Brown wrote:There is absolutely zero consistency in these situations. Forget reputation or who the person was that committed the foul.

There is no basis for these decisions. It's not about throwing a punch or committing a F-2 foul, it's who the person is committing the foul that is getting penalized, not the action itself. And that is just wrong.

Someone throws a punch to someones groin, it should be the same punishment from Lebron to Johan Petro. This is what makes the league look like a joke.

Agreed. Even if its the exact same offense that you've seen in the past, you still have to look at the star power of both the offender and the "victim", as well as the popularity/success of their team currently. Then if the offender is a big enough star you still have to consider how many times they've gotten away with crap before to see if they'll get another pass etc etc.

The way the league office hands out fines and punishments for hard fouls is just as inconsistent as the way the refs will call touch fouls for some players while others get assaulted with no whistle.

That's extremely pathetic IMO, because atleast the refs, for all their incompetence, dont have the luxury of getting 24hrs minimum to review the footage and make comparisons to past infractions.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby JSM on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:29 pm

The league is a joke with their fines and suspensions. Zero consistence. Absolutely pathetic.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion